Iyanden Supplement Rumours Updated 3 June 2013 - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolatemm View Post
These specific rules are going to be the deciding factor for my purchase, but I will need more time to playtest before I can make that decision. Seriously haven't even had enough time to write my lists yet, let alone contemplate additional options and another LE book...
Honestly, I see a lot of stuff I really like in this. I wanted to play an Iyanden army back before I started my Sisters and now not only can I get plastic Wraithguard models to do it with, I can get actual rules to back it up.

When I get a chance to start working on this proper I think I might do one of the Iyanden houses for my paint scheme. I think it adds a nice chunk of awesome to the model's design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolatemm View Post
I heard there are only 500 LE copies being made, unlike the 2000 LE Codex: Eldar books. So for anyone interested in the LE Iyanden Supplement, be ready to order that ASAP on Friday.
You heard correct. GW posted in the WD Daily that they were only selling 500 LEs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 11:24 PM
U Mad Bro?

Chaosftw's Flag is: Canada

As always Great Concept, High expectations, Sub-Par execution, and Garbage Prices.

Hey GW.... Here is a Great Idea, keep the back story in the Novels and make these supplements small. Just have rules in them. Drop the price to something manageable and your long term return will be much greater!
post #43 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 11:34 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosftw View Post
As always Great Concept, High expectations, Sub-Par execution, and Garbage Prices.

Hey GW.... Here is a Great Idea, keep the back story in the Novels and make these supplements small. Just have rules in them. Drop the price to something manageable and your long term return will be much greater!
no thanks, if they are gonna bother to make a themed book i want more than just rules, i want to know what my fecking army has for lunch on wednesdays and what colour the craftworld ladies are wearing this season,otherwise whats the point? GW wont have to worry about not selling this book, its not even my craftworld but im buying a copy purely because i want to support my chosen race and encourage GW to carry on this new idea. This book could be the start of seeing the ork clanz and chaos legions getting something similar in the future.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

post #44 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 11:40 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
This book could be the start of seeing the ork clanz and chaos legions getting something similar in the future.
Dear Ceiling-Cat, let it be!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #45 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 11:54 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheeviltwin View Post
(in my dreams) a Harlequin one for Codex Eldar
Quoted for Truth. This, Iron Hands Alpha Legion are what would make my dreams come true. :-) A few others here and there but those 3 are my main wants and desires. :-)

This Supplement is giving me hope of my dreams fulfilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #46 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 12:07 AM

A Harly one with a Phoenix Lord style Solitare would be good.

An Ulthwe one so I can have my Black guardians back? Been using DA's as a stand in.
post #47 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 01:52 AM
U Mad Bro?

Chaosftw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
no thanks, if they are gonna bother to make a themed book i want more than just rules, i want to know what my fecking army has for lunch on wednesdays and what colour the craftworld ladies are wearing this season,otherwise whats the point? GW wont have to worry about not selling this book, its not even my craftworld but im buying a copy purely because i want to support my chosen race and encourage GW to carry on this new idea. This book could be the start of seeing the ork clanz and chaos legions getting something similar in the future.
You can still include some nice pictures and art. But all the back log can be its own book. Such a waste of pages. You would still get all the stuff you want but each book would cost less so for the people who want just one or the other they don't have to shell out all that money and only need half the book.
post #48 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosftw View Post
You can still include some nice pictures and art. But all the back log can be its own book. Such a waste of pages. You would still get all the stuff you want but each book would cost less so for the people who want just one or the other they don't have to shell out all that money and only need half the book.
I disagree. These supplement books are clearly designed with giving you everything you would get with a codex (and then some actually) in a nice package. That's important for appealing to both the fluff and crunch crowds honestly and it's good that GW's giving both sides some cake.
post #49 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 04:19 AM

Say what you want about Ward's fluff rape, GK are still going strong well into 6th.
Kelly? I'd say his most important work up 'til now would be DE, and look where they are now.

At least he didn't beat you with a Beaver. -Azkaellon
post #50 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 08:07 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasolyo View Post
Say what you want about Ward's fluff rape, GK are still going strong well into 6th.
Kelly? I'd say his most important work up 'til now would be DE, and look where they are now.
Commorragh?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode