Iyanden Supplement Rumours Updated 3 June 2013 - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 03:40 PM

troybuckle's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
holy fucking shit, you want Ward to bring the Primarchs into play?,

it's bad enough hearing the screams of "overpowered", "fuck GW and their codex creep" and "I want my mummy" as it is when he writes a codex,
just imagine the tears, tantrums and nerd rage at Matt Ward creating primarch rules......
Well I was thinking more from a Storyline, Fluff perspective
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 04:11 PM
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

The thing I'm most curious about is the amount of rules that will be in it.

Afaik it costs the same as the codex, will it be 104 pages long? Hardcover?

If it's just another set of warlord traits it will be pretty lame. If it on the other hand makes Wraith guard troops as standard, wraithlords elite, keep the knight as heavy and make a wraithguard jump troop for fast attack it could be quite interesting.

It will probably be complete shit though, GW has to stick to it's standards when it comes to supplements...
post #33 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

WD Daily brings us more info, and a video:

Quote:
Codex: Iyanden

The children of Asuryan are truly blessed, for today the iPad Edition of Codex: Iyanden goes on pre-order. As the first supplemental Codex for Warhammer 40,000, this is a very exciting time to be a hobbyist.

As mentioned in the video, Codex: Iyanden will be available in three formats - a lavish full-colour hardback book, an even more exotic limited edition version and the Digital Edition for iPad and iPad mini. All three feature new, never-before-seen artwork, full-colour miniatures galleries (including 360 images in the digital version) packed with dozens of miniatures painted in the colours of Craftworld Iyanden, a hefty 32 pages of background about the Craftworld and its people, a detailed timeline of important events, colour schemes and iconography for the different Ghost Warrior houses and much more besides. If you're a hobbyist that loves to immerse yourself in the lore of Warhammer 40,000 then this book is definitely for you.

Codex: Iyanden also features a host of new rules which, when combined with the army list in Codex: Eldar, allow you to create a dedicated Iyanden-themed collection. Using the rules in Codex Iyanden allows you, for example, to take a Wraithknight as your Warlord. If that's not a fearsome prospect for your opponents to face then I don't know what is. There are also Iyanden-specific Warlord traits and the option to take a council of Spiritseers, plus three new battle missions and five scenarios to fight with your army. There are even stratagems for Cities of Death and Planetstrike for you to use on an unsuspecting enemy.

As explained in the video, the digital edition of Codex: Iyanden is available to pre-order now from the Apple iBookstore. The two hardback paper versions will be available to order from the Games Workshop website on 15th June, though there are only 500 copies of the Limited Edition version available, so you'll have to order yours quickly if you want one.

post #34 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 04:26 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

So in other words it takes the Iyanden themed units from the codex and shuffles them around a bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #35 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 04:27 PM
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Was just about to post the video, from what I saw in it there is:

New Warlord Traits
New Wargear
New Missions
New fluff and pictures etc.

What I did not see were new rules for units, different FOC changes and things like that.

All in all seems pretty useless to me, then again if it was a SoB supplement I'd bend over and take it...
post #36 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Was just about to post the video, from what I saw in it there is:

New Warlord Traits
New Wargear
New Missions
New fluff and pictures etc.

What I did not see were new rules for units, different FOC changes and things like that.

All in all seems pretty useless to me, then again if it was a SoB supplement I'd bend over and take it...
In their actual blog post they mention taking a Wraithknight as a Warlord. So it seems there'll be at least some form of FOC changes.

EDIT: They mention being able to take a Seer Council made of Spirit Seers, so I think we are looking at some FOC changes and new options.

Last edited by Zion; 06-03-13 at 04:48 PM.
post #37 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 05:00 PM

The Irish Commissar's Flag is: Ireland

I think it looks pretty good except not for the price

6th Edition. 7th Edition

Eldar. Eldar
W14-D1-L4. W2-D0-L0

Imperial guard
W3-D2-L1

Space marine's
W0-D0-L0
post #38 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

I downloaded the video and went through it with liberal use of the pause feature and got the juciy bits I could:

Quote:
Gifts of Asuryan (Iyanden Relics)
The Celestial Lance
The Wraithforge Stone: "During each of your movement phases, nominated a single Wraithlord or Wraithknight model within 6" of the bearer and roll a D6. On a roll of 1 or 2, nothing happens. On a..."

?: You may choose a Wraithlord or Wraithknight model in your army to be your Warlord, even though it is not an HQ choice.

Shadow Council
An Inyanden Army may take up to 5 Spirit Seers a single HQ choice, rather than 1.

Gifts of Asuryan
Any character in your army that can select Remnants of Glory may instead select the Gifts of Asuryan presented opposite, at the points cost shown. A character cannot choose items from both lists. Note that the Wraithforge Stone and Guardian Helm of Xallathon do not replace a weapon.

Spiritseer Psychic Powers
Any Iyanden Spiritseer that generates his psychic powers from the Runes of Battle discipline treats Voice of Twilight (see below) as the discipline's Primaris Power, rather than Conceal/Reveal.

Warlord Traits
An Iyanden Warlord may roll on the Warlord Traits table presented here, instead of those in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook or Codex: Eldar.

Warlord Traits
1 A Hero for Ages Past and Future
Roll a D3; the Warlord can make this many re-rolls over the course of the game. These re-rolls can be used for To Hit rolls, To Wound rolls, Armour Peneration rolls and saving throws.
post #39 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 06:39 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

The 5 for 1 Seercouncil looks juicy. Looks like this book will be a nice deal for a codex-specific army. I am looking forward to more of these, hopefully a White Scars one for my marines and (in my dreams) a Harlequin one for Codex Eldar

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)
post #40 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 06:47 PM

These specific rules are going to be the deciding factor for my purchase, but I will need more time to playtest before I can make that decision. Seriously haven't even had enough time to write my lists yet, let alone contemplate additional options and another LE book...

I heard there are only 500 LE copies being made, unlike the 2000 LE Codex: Eldar books. So for anyone interested in the LE Iyanden Supplement, be ready to order that ASAP on Friday.

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode