What Scenery do you use? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-13, 05:03 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

i use packing Styrofoam and spray paint it to give it some "battle damage" and decaying look.

for other things I use GW parts, like the Crashed Aquilla from the 4th ed starter, and similar things.

The only "Building" i have from GW is the landing pad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-26-13, 06:45 AM

I used to have foam buildings but storing and transporting them meant they were not sturdy enough so I gradually switched to plastic and resin scenery. We used to run a lot of tournaments and so needed a lot of terrain but, while it was cheap, it was annoying having to repair it all the time!
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-26-13, 08:21 AM

EmbraCraig's Flag is: Scotland

Spartan Games have released some modular terrain which looks pretty good...

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/buildi...r-battlefields

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-26-13, 04:04 PM

Yeah I saw that. I reckon it might mix nicely with the Mantic stuff too.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-26-13, 06:35 PM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

I've mostly been using GW and eBay MDF stuff, but often it's a case of whatever I can get my hands on... For a while I was using stuff from a model train terrain line, basing roads and models with their sticky foam 'asphalt'. Some good products out there that can be put to use for 28mm scale with some adaption!

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-28-13, 01:54 AM
So be it.

For years I've half-heartedly made my own stuff with cardboard, rocks, sand, straw bits... I have some horrible bunkers rivers and buildings from 7-8 years ago some newer and better bunkers and baricades and recently some styrofoam creations made from old packing material from electronics etc. I won some old nice-looking bits at an auction by my club and also have the terrain from the old SM/DA starter set. I am getting some of that mantic scenery (as it is quite fantastic) and am just got some better cardboard to starts building realistic multi-floored ruins. Most of it's crap but it works

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 06:06 AM
Kr00gZ's Flag is: Australia

I'm getting Deadzone too, mainly for the scenery. I also grabbed the Secret Weapon Urban tablescape during it's kickstarter campaign.

Got these in the mail today to add to it all:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/.../IMAG04091.jpg

If I get all my Deathwing painted, I've promised myself the Fortress Of Redemption... but that may never happen.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 06:32 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

I have a full imperial city. 8 buildings on 12inch bases. Plus a heap of additional scratch built foam wall sections and barbed wire/rubble sections, the wrecked aquila lander, a couple of gw hills, a few model train bridges and some other bits and pieces including the landing pad. We have enough to do a city and outlying terrain on a 8x4 table.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 10:16 AM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3m01iti0n View Post
Any advice for building the GW buildings? My god I hate them; so flimsy. My Basilica got knocked off the table by my cat and I cannot put it back together for the life of me.
I only have one (sanctum). Each wall was assembled piece by piece and allowed to dry. Walls were then butt-joined one at a time and the "floor" pieces were added as a structural brace.

The final step was to BASE it on some MDF, so it would stay together. I used a construction adhesive to secure it to the base. The kind of thing used to stick ANYTHING to anything (sikaflex) - with some flexibility.

It's been knocked off tables, knocked over, and is still intact.

One last thing. CLIP ALL THOSE ^&*&%$^$t& SPIKY BITS OFF WITH YOUR CLIPPERS. You are supposed to bend over to check LoS to things in this game - doing so with the GW terrain risks eye injury (or at least facial injury).

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaantitus View Post
I have a full imperial city. 8 buildings on 12inch bases. Plus a heap of additional scratch built foam wall sections and barbed wire/rubble sections, the wrecked aquila lander, a couple of gw hills, a few model train bridges and some other bits and pieces including the landing pad. We have enough to do a city and outlying terrain on a 8x4 table.

I'd love to do a city from the GW stuff. We use insulation foam hills and buildings, a few foam card ruins, some rocks I made out of tree bark from a youtube tutorial, and two bastions and a few aegis lines.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode