How many times have you changed army? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-15-13, 06:31 AM

SonofVulkan's Flag is: United Kingdom

I've been collecting since the Rogue Trader days, so you may guess i've changed armies quite a few times. I tend to collect around a 1000 points and have a playable army before moving on to a new army. I currently have Space Marines, Chaos Space marines, Tau, Tyranids and Orks. I've sold or repainted a few armies too. Back in the day I used to regularly play at a gaming club which helped to keep me focused on one army. But these days I don't ever get to play and tend to collect and paint whatever takes my fancy. Although I must say with the exception of a couple of bits and pieces just about everything I have is painted which i'm quite proud of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-15-13, 10:18 AM
Feed

When I first started the hobby, in my younger stupider days, I caught shiny syndrome and collected a force of almost everything gw had to offer.

Having since matured and sold/discarded most of it, I am starting over and this time sticking to my initial choice of Tyranids.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-16-13, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

Anyone else got a box of marines which have been multiple colours? some of my oldest models have had far too many colour changes (a while ago I might add)

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 05:09 PM

Remeriel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Depressingly, I've only just started getting back into the hobby (Chaos Space Marines) and have barely assembled a 500pt force, and I'm already being swayed by Tau, 'Nids and Eldar. *Le sigh*

WH40K:
Chaos Space Marines: 160pts (0/0/0)
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 08:28 PM
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Bubblematrix
Anyone else got a box of marines which have been multiple colours? some of my oldest models have had far too many colour changes.
Quote:
Bubblematrix
Yes my space wolfs which I found in the garage. Ripped there arms off and added. Another a layer.

Back on topic I never really Decided on which space marine chapter to make army so I have some normal marines Gray knights some space wolfs and last but not least dark angels. Before choosing blood angles

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 11:29 PM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

Started collecting in '08, Chaos Space Marines (due to reading the Horus Heresy books).

In '09, bought Eldar.

In '10, bought Blood Angels, sold Eldar.

In '11, bought Necrons, sold Blood Angels.

In '12, started buying FW Horus Heresy models. Bought new CSM.

In '13, continuing with Necrons and FW Horus Heresy. Selling CSM.

So... I'm annually fickle as shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblematrix View Post
Anyone else got a box of marines which have been multiple colours? some of my oldest models have had far too many colour changes (a while ago I might add)
I've only ever repainted once. I originally painted my CSM as Black Legion but didn't enjoy it too much, then switched over to a really gaudy green for Alpha Legion. Never had any of the other models long enough for repainting haha

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-18-13, 06:40 AM

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

I started with the AOBR box, bought some other misc. units but hated the play style and every thing about them, some friends recommended tau, so I bought the battle force for Christmas and loved them. I played tau until 6th, when I thought they got hit hard, so I took a detour to blood angels until the new tau, and I'm back on tau now mainly, switching to blood angels when I feel like shredding people up close rather than at range

Through temptation and horror
I have held to my faith
As a drowning man grasps at a rock
Judge me not by my weakness
Remember not my sins of late
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-13, 10:19 PM
Gettinggreener's Flag is: United Kingdom

Started with Marines in the RT days, then went to Zoats and Dwarfs (wow, i back some rotten horses). 2nd Edit had Eldar with a colour scheme that looked like over ripe bananas and switched to Orks.
Now if its not green or red (BA Marines as there is less painting and spray cans) then im not doing it.

But have always loved the Eldar vehicles
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-13, 11:54 PM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

In the late 80's i played epic space marine as chaos. When i started in 40k in the early 90's i also played chaos space marines but that was short lived. When i restarted properly in 2007 i bought the battle for maccrage set. Used the marines as my first csms and started nids. Bought the eye of terror codex and build a lost and the dammned army before i found they werent legal any more. So i changed them to traitor guard(chaos) and csm's. I have since scrapped the nids and concentrated on chaos. I have csm's traitor guard, demons and dark mechanicus(gk dex) So while i have dumped one army it has allways been chaos in all its forms, and that will not change. I have never changed my main army, merely expanded it.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 03:09 AM
Kr00gZ's Flag is: Australia

Blood Angels (don't judge, I was 14 and it was 2nd edition). :-P
Then Orks.
Gave up on the game for a while then got back in with Tyranids when Battle for Macragge came out.
Gave up again.
Back in this year with Dreathwing (almost all painted!!!) and my ressurected and stripped Tyranids, kitting them out with new MCs. Slave to the Hive Mind!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode