Need Help - Best Allies for Chaos? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-13, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

madcore's Flag is: Canada

Default Need Help - Best Allies for Chaos?

Hi Guy,

I first started playing 40K with Chaos but the n i started playing IG and never stopped. I would like to start playing my Chaos again but i always feel underpowered when i switch to chaos and i always end back playing with my IG...

I don't want to sell my Chaos so perhaps adding allies to my chaos will help my find something powerful. My meta is composed of a lot of really good players and i need strong and powerful lists in order to win.

So i was wondering what are the best allies for chaos? Do they need them? Is the new deamon codex worth buying? Money is not the issue here, just making the right decision....

I have a lot of chaos and of top of that i have some Necrons, and of course a lot of imperial guards...that being said, i feel the normal allies for chaos are probably Deamons....are the new deamons good or are the chaos simply better on their own?...

I need help being convinced that chaos can still be very competitive (whether they take allies or not)

I know this is a little vague (ok a lot)...but i want to play them, i just want to be able to have fun and still be competitive with them....

Here are some of the armies i play against

Necrons (really good players)
DE with Eldar allies (That player is just awesome)
Orks (Lots of Nob bikers)

I need something that kicks the crap out of these guys....MY IG can usually do it but it all depends on good shooting and frankly i would like some change...

anyway, tks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-13, 03:18 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

All of those allies have some benefits that can be abused, imho.

Demons are the only Blood Brothers for Chaos; which means you can benefit on some of their rules. On the other hand, I'm not certain with Demons, but I'm not sure if any non demon can use their rules, so maybe it's a moot point. Your psychics will be able to assist each other, which is nice. In addition, Chaos Demons don't use the warp storm if they're not your primary detachment. It's a good way to add some intresting units which can pretty much be tooled to whatever role you need; if you want shooting, take flamers, if you want cc, Daemonettes can be fast, etc etc.

Necrons are pretty good with any MEQ army, because they are MEQ. This makes it pretty easy to think about the same statlines, if you're worried about stuff like that. Warriors and Immortals offer a strong troop core with customizable weaponry, while you tune Marines for CC if you want. A Lord can add some strong close combat, especially with a chariot (speedy warscything!), and their fliers are some of the strongest in the game, which synchs well with the disgusting Helldrake. It's a pity that a Triach Stalker can't benefit both armies together. Personally Necrons would be my ally of choice because they feel like they can fit the holes that Chaos has.

IG is another popular one (Trailor guards, of course). You get to bulk the army with HUGE blogs if you want, and take advantage of things Chaos doesn't have, such as non-expensive-defiler ordinance at range, sentinel packs to infiltrate... well, jsut about anything, really.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-13, 08:12 PM
Rattlehead

Imperial Guard by a mile. Blobs, Vendettae and Manticores are too good not to take advantage of.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-13, 04:14 AM

crisissuitguy's Flag is: USA

From a practical point of view, you can never go wrong with IG. There's so much flexibility you can easily fill up any gap in your army

There's no such thing as too many crisis suits.

Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for The Skull Throne, and Lolz for the Laughing god

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode