Termie Armour - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 09:56 AM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Well, it's not god given(see...he doesn't exist), it's just an inherent right to say what you want. Can you honestly tell me, that in your whole life, you've never insulted someone? Most people on here were joking, have you not by now realised quite a lot of us here at Heresy possess quite a dark sense of humour(hell Jezlad himself is one of the worst for this). This time it just happens that the person who made this suit incidently managed to find this and took a rather overzealous offence to it.

You,him and others seem to be forgetting that, the internet is populated by people who use the internet. How do the replies seen in threads like this still surprise you?
I shall say one last thing here. This is not aimed at any one person, despite the quote.

There is no such thing as an "inherent right to say what you want". You have the ability to say what you want, but we live within a society that has both written and unwritten rules on what you should say, and what you shouldn't.

Just because you can say something, doesn't mean you should. Take a few minutes to consider consequences before you write/say whatever just popped into your head. Consider that it might offend/be taken wrong/be a truly dickish thing to say full stop.

Too many problems today stem from a lack of responsibility for our own actions. If more people realised that you, and you alone are responsible for what comes out of your mouth, and the consequences of that, then the world would be a nicer place.

Internet anonymity doesn't change that what is being said shouldn't be being said. It's too easy a step to make from "I can say whatever I like because I'm anonymous and will never actually meet these people" to "I'll just talk like that all the time".

Also, just because you're anonymous doesn't mean the person on the recieving end isn't a real person. Try to remember that.

And I've been on this forum a long time. "Dark sense of humour" is not the same as "license to be a twat". Some things are just not funny, and should not be trivialised.

Yes, I have insulted people in my life. But if it's been inadvertant, I've apologised. If it's been intended, it's been bloody obvious. But most importantly, if it's been jokingly, it's been really obvious it's a joke, and never at the expense of personal issues.

If no-one but you can tell it's a joke, then it's not a joke.

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 11:24 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
"Hey! I just made a full suit of tactical dreadnought armour!"

"Cool! Does it work?"

"Well, my virginity now has a 2+ invulnerable save so yeah, kinda did"
Soooo you couldn't tell that was a joke? Nor could one or two others somehow? Because the vast majority of us saw it for exactly what it was. A joke.

The maker of this suit didn't help himself by completely misconstruing the entire thread on the Lexicanum page on Facebook, deciding to claim the entire thread was about bashing him and insulting his work and others like him, which wasn't the case even slightly.

Though granted, having the Lexicanum fan page turning against us is about as irrelevant as Anne Franks drum kit.
post #83 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 01:04 PM
Bringer of the Apocalypse

Deneris's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Soooo you couldn't tell that was a joke? Nor could one or two others somehow? Because the vast majority of us saw it for exactly what it was. A joke.

The maker of this suit didn't help himself by completely misconstruing the entire thread on the Lexicanum page on Facebook, deciding to claim the entire thread was about bashing him and insulting his work and others like him, which wasn't the case even slightly.

Though granted, having the Lexicanum fan page turning against us is about as irrelevant as Anne Franks drum kit.
Being the subject of bullying for nigh-on 20 years of school, "Dur-hurr, just a joke, mate!" was a common excuse when said "jokers" were taken to task by teachers/parents/whatever, and the event was just brushed off. Seems to me that the event in question was more than "just a joke", but more of a "Ooo-err, the cool kids have found a new guy to pick on!" situation, with the gang mentality taking over for "just a bit of fun, mate, don't take it SO seriously!"...

Rather bugs me when we basement (or attic)-dwelling neck-beards go at each other when so often WE were the victims of similar bullying...

"That, and sending Leman Russ to make a peaceful arrest? That's like sending a rabid Grizzly Bear to teach Kindergarten." - Cole Deschain
"Deneris - you are a legend." - TheKingElessar
"Chingao...sigh..guess I'll stay a slut then..."- Shogun_Nate

post #84 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 01:09 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

This is not bullying, let's be clear. This was someone expressing an opinion in a somewhat comedic way about a video on the internet. Whether you agree or not, this was one silly post.

If you want to see bullying, become a Mod. Jez is so mean to us...

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #85 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 01:12 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
If you want to see bullying, become a Mod. Jez is so mean to us...
There there klokk, some body needs a hug !
post #86 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 01:23 PM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
There there klokk, some body needs a hug !
That's exactly what Jez says in the beginning!

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #87 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 01:55 PM
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

Then he goes for the beards...
post #88 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 02:19 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
There is no such thing as an "inherent right to say what you want". You have the ability to say what you want, but we live within a society that has both written and unwritten rules on what you should say, and what you shouldn't.
Lets just get this straight shall we, I would have said this to the guys face, its nothing to do with internet anonymity, I couldn't give a flying fuck what this guy or any of you think of me, I really don't care! You can bitch, moan, whine and even offer death threats should you feel it appropriate, I still don't give a fuck.

If the person who made this suit wants to take it up with me then fine, I was the guy on Tardbook who quoted the JOKE made early on in the thread, find me on FB an call me as many cunts as you want, I'll still tell you you're not even a blip in my life and if my comments hurt you that's your problem not mine.

If you really want to I could meet you IRL and I'll call you a twat to your face, hows that for internet anonymity?

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #89 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 02:24 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

::Ouch::

I really shouldn't roll my eyes so much...

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #90 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 02:27 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
::Ouch::

I really shouldn't roll my eyes so much...
Careful, they'll fall out, then where would you be, hmm?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode