Termie Armour - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-24-13, 11:55 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Well, it's not god given(see...he doesn't exist), it's just an inherent right to say what you want. Can you honestly tell me, that in your whole life, you've never insulted someone? Most people on here were joking, have you not by now realised quite a lot of us here at Heresy possess quite a dark sense of humour(hell Jezlad himself is one of the worst for this). This time it just happens that the person who made this suit incidently managed to find this and took a rather overzealous offence to it.

You,him and others seem to be forgetting that, the internet is populated by people who use the internet. How do the replies seen in threads like this still surprise you?

Last edited by Angel of Blood; 04-25-13 at 12:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-24-13, 11:57 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Why?

I don't know this guy, I don't want to know this guy. I said something about some bloke I've never met and I'm never likely to meet because he put a film of himself acting like a tit on you tube.

Some other ill advised you tube videos.

Twats, each and every one of them.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #53 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 01:26 AM

You, good sir, is incredibly ridiculous and pathetic right now.
You forfeited the right to a rude and gruff opinion when you accepted Moderatorhood - a certain modicum of professionalism is expected from you.
Your reply has the character of a man who knows Djinn was right, and now is too proud to apologize your own incredulous statements, therefore defending them with no arguments at all.
If you don't like the suit - don't whine about it. Just don't look at it.
How hard can it be, boyo?

I understand your bitterness at being unable to build a terminator armour for yourself. I understand your fury at your own inability. And I understand your pride transforms your awe of his work into the sad raging of an impotent man without ability himself.
Your lack of grace in adressing this fact, however, is what ticks people of.

Grow up, learn to speak to other people in a respectful tone and stop feeling so damn sorry for yourself (and that people don't agree with you, at all).

Very sad to see this. We should be supporting each other. You're a buzzkill, fellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury;1361boy
I don't know this guy, I don't want to know this guy. I said something about some bloke I've never met and I'm never likely to meet because he put a film of himself acting like a tit on you tube.

Some other ill advised you tube videos.

[url
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0[/url]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY39fkmqKBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU

Twats, each and every one of them.

post #54 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofVulkan View Post
Where's the Storm Shield?

(Must have ran out of empty cereal boxes and toilet roll tubes I guess.)
How funny.
More jealousy of skills, I assume.
Let's see your own fantastic storm shield, eh?

Last edited by Honourius; 04-25-13 at 01:31 AM.
post #55 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 01:45 AM

Aurelius theholypurger's Flag is: Australia

As a hobbist and an artist. I'd like to casually point out that while criticism is great, especially for a growing or established artist (in any form) as it can help them understand views of the people that follow their work. There is a massive difference between constructive criticism and negative/hateful.

Constructive can be anything from: "I don't really like this, but it looks good anyway." "Do you know that this looks a little out of sorts, have you looked into fixing it?" to "This is awesome, but here's something you can try another time as it might work better."
Negative is well....obvious.

What I don't quite understand is why people would jump to negative conclusions immediately without looking properly.
Why is virgin, attention seeker and waste of money the first thing that pops into someones head? You know that we all collect toy soldiers right? We sink a large sum of money into a hobby we enjoy. What some people in 'normal' society would call weird and a waste of money as well. So why attack someone within your own community for expressing their interest in the hobby in another way?
Just because we playing 'toy soldiers'as well doesn't mean we should regress into a childish attitude either, and it's not an excuse to throw abuse.

As for cosplayers being the social shut ins, who still live with their parents and have a morbid obsession with manga/anime. That demographic is minimal compared to the people I've enjoyed meeting and getting to know, who were all cheerful and happy to hang out. Most living out of home, with friends and enjoying a large variety of media.

And virginity in this day and age shouldn't be seen as a right of passage. It's a persons choice to sleep with someone when they want to, not because society told them to because they have 'come of age'.

All I feel for the people who have these negative views is sadness.

I'm going to peruse more of this forum and hope that the people I find while posting are going to be nicer.

Last edited by Aurelius theholypurger; 04-25-13 at 01:51 AM.
post #56 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 01:55 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honourius View Post
You, good sir, is incredibly ridiculous and pathetic right now.
You forfeited the right to a rude and gruff opinion when you accepted Moderatorhood - a certain modicum of professionalism is expected from you.
I'm gonna go ahead and say this is bullshit. We picked up responsibilities, we did not forfeit any rights that any normal member would otherwise have.

Any of us have the right to express distaste or approval, in any manner we would would have been allowed to within the rules before being a mod. If you feel we are unnecessarily rude or whatever, you can report our posts as easily as anyone else's.

Professionalism when dealing with forum issues yes, but beyond that we are members just like you.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #57 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and say this is bullshit. We picked up responsibilities, we did not forfeit any rights that any normal member would otherwise have.

Any of us have the right to express distaste or approval, in any manner we would would have been allowed to within the rules before being a mod. If you feel we are unnecessarily rude or whatever, you can report our posts as easily as anyone else's.

Professionalism when dealing with forum issues yes, but beyond that we are members just like you.
No, a moderator does not scream "virgin" and "douchebag" without reason, or he should return to status as ordinary member.
If incapable of acting in a respectable manner, one should not be a moderator - moderators must be respected, and acting like an infuriated child does not gain respect.
You are the police of the place. Just like you have to stop other people being insulting and ridiculous, you yourself must also retain a balance in this regard yourself - how can one moderate other people's posts for stuff one oneself perpetrates?

I guess we agree to disagree.
When you took up a responsibility, you did just that: made yourselves responsible, took yourselves out of the ordinary equation.
So act like it.

Last edited by Honourius; 04-25-13 at 02:04 AM. Reason: grammar!
post #58 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 02:14 AM
Feed

Quote:
No, a moderator does not scream "virgin" and "douchebag" without reason, or he should return to status as ordinary member.
If incapable of acting in a respectable manner, one should not be a moderator - moderators must be respected, and acting like an infuriated child does not gain respect.
You are the police of the place. Just like you have to stop other people being insulting and ridiculous, you yourself must also retain a balance in this regard yourself - how can you moderate others posts for stuff you yourself perpetrate.
I know, but none of us are perfect. I've been in norm's spot before, I've made a joke and the reaction has been over what I expected. When both sides refuse to back down we get a shitstorm just like this one. Clearly you know near nothing of the way things work here, the dark sense of humour norm displayed is prevalent in the majority of the regular member base as well as many of the staff.

Granted we can show reason and discretion towards new members, but keep in mind that the comment was not originally aimed at a member of the site. If you hang around and check in regularly like most of us do, you'll see that it is the case. It is a mark of familiarity among fellow members of a site, unfortunately when someone new jumps into the mix it can create a division between those trying to encourage newer members and those sticking to their guns.

Quote:
I guess we agree to disagree.
When you took up a responsibility, you did just that: made yourselves responsible, took yourselves out of the ordinary equation.
So act like it.
You must have come here from Lexi's Facebook page yes? Fair enough, were you someone who's been around I guess you'd understand we are not required to become faceless militia. If I'm not acting like it by trying to explain our commonalities and mannerisms, then I guess I'm wasting my time? Still, I'd encourage you to stick around, lurk a bit in the different sections and see if you can understand the kind of atmosphere we have here.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #59 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
I know, but none of us are perfect. I've been in norm's spot before, I've made a joke and the reaction has been over what I expected. When both sides refuse to back down we get a shitstorm just like this one. Clearly you know near nothing of the way things work here, the dark sense of humour norm displayed is prevalent in the majority of the regular member base as well as many of the staff.

Granted we can show reason and discretion towards new members, but keep in mind that the comment was not originally aimed at a member of the site. If you hang around and check in regularly like most of us do, you'll see that it is the case. It is a mark of familiarity among fellow members of a site, unfortunately when someone new jumps into the mix it can create a division between those trying to encourage newer members and those sticking to their guns.

You must have come here from Lexi's Facebook page yes? Fair enough, were you someone who's been around I guess you'd understand we are not required to become faceless militia. If I'm not acting like it by trying to explain our commonalities and mannerisms, then I guess I'm wasting my time? Still, I'd encourage you to stick around, lurk a bit in the different sections and see if you can understand the kind of atmosphere we have here.
Oh, no, Lexicanum banned me from their Facebook page for not agreeing with their opinion.
So I'm afraid I did not also, it is beside the matter completely where I came from, or how long I have been here.
The atmosphere in here has nothing to do with it - it's the fact that after being adressed with this being insulting to some, the moderator continues to be insulting, well understanding that that is exactly the impact it will have on said reader. Instead of calmly explaining, as you do, that it was not meant that way.

If said moderator had written in the same sensible style as you, especially when confronted with his behaviour, it would have been just perfect.
The thing is not his opinion, but the way of stating it.
I understand this can be part of the "vibe of the forum" to be incredibly rude - me and my friends are too, in our own circle. However, when the creator comes in and states this kind of behaviour bothers him, the moderator does not calmly explain his opinion, nor the fact that he, supposedly, said it in joke (but that "some" did), but rather strikes an infuriated note and acts on it. The rude language did not belong there, and only detracts from this topic, in my opinion.

Your reply is far more what I'd expect from the people moderating.
A proper tone, talking to me like one adult to an another.

So thank you for that.

Last edited by Honourius; 04-25-13 at 02:31 AM.
post #60 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 02:39 AM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

What I don't understand about this whole thread is why some people, who have likely spent at least $2,000 worth of plastic/metal models, are more or less hating this work. Both sides involved have spent their time and money on something that they feel is worthwhile. As said before, constructive criticism on someone's work is one thing. The name-calling and mean-spirited nature towards their hobby is completely different, and frankly, out of line.

All that said, I overall like the armor. The head piece might be a bit too narrow to my liking, but it is obvious that you guys have put a lot of effort into creating this. Nice job!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode