Termie Armour - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-22-13, 10:03 AM

Silens's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by humakt View Post
I like the idea, but maybe not as great as it could have been.

The painting looks poor. Weathering could have been done better. $2000 though seems a lot but then I dont know how much cosplay people are prepared to spend.

As for saying 'Hey look at me', surely thats the whole point.
A well done fursuit can cost upwards of £3000 in materials alone. I also cosplayed last year for the price of about £40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
"Look they got a-OH MY GOD I'M ON FIRE FOR THE LOVE OF NAKED SANTA IT HURTS!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-22-13, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...st-d4qupw7.jpg
I found another one today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #23 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-24-13, 04:15 PM

I usually don't belittle myself to answering hate-threads and negative comments from haters - but this time I'll make an exception!

I am part of the duo of artists behind this suit and I was shocked when a colleague of mine linked me to the comments on this board!

To see such bile, bullshit and douchebag comments from fellow hobbyists, makes me extremely disappointed in you all.

Some of you in particular, waving the 'HE'S AN ATTENTIONWHORE' or *VIRGIN* cards - let me educate you.. Not that educating internet trolls ever brings anything good - but I'll indulge you - since this pisses me off.

First off - Roses and Boltshells, is the name of the business my fiance and I run; making pro level costumes and replicas for stage shows, tv and movie productions - also for the costuming hobby society. WE make MONEY off of making costume pieces and replicas - so this 'ATTENTIONWHORING' business you think you've got covered- go suck a chainsword!? This suit is a display piece, meant to show off our talent -and rightly so it has - being featured by multiple top tier pages such as Games Workshop and THQ - and more!

I'm sensing a lot of confusion and ignorance towards costuming; especially with people claiming us to be virgins! So, this suit makes me a virgin? How about all the other great suits out there? HALO suits, Warcraft or Gears of War armours?? By your definition they're all virgins?

Before you post shit like that - I urge you to take a long look in the mirror!
What we chose to do with our money and free time ( yes we do this in our spare time - after a fulltime job) is our concern.

And as for me being a virgin?

How about you ask my fiance?

I won't be posting more here - since it's a waste of time to feed you trolls any further.

But I must admit, I am indeed disappointed in this site and the level of immature comments here. One should think grown up people knew better.

Last edited by Boltshells; 04-24-13 at 04:23 PM.

post #24 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-24-13, 04:55 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

*applause*

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #25 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-24-13, 05:05 PM

Hear hear. Shame on some so-called "moderators" and "senior users" for their ridiculous comments. You must be indeed people with a VERY fulfilled life that you hang around on forums about pushing around small plastic and metal figures and then making fun of other people's efforts. A round of sarcastic applause for that.

You are GREAT, BASK IN YOUR GLORY AND GREATNESS. Before you go back to your obviously very interesting and not at all sad lives.
post #26 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-24-13, 05:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltshells View Post
I usually don't belittle myself to answering hate-threads and negative comments from haters - but this time I'll make an exception!
Well when you remove the posts from people pointing out that Maelstrom is an idiot, and him subsequently explaining his view, you go from twenty three posts (excluding this one and yours) to thirteen or so. Of those remaining comments you have a fairly even split between between those who do like it, and those who do not or comments meant in humour (like Norm's second post or Reapers post.)

Quote:
I am part of the duo of artists behind this suit and I was shocked when a colleague of mine linked me to the comments on this board!
Why? Now mind I have little experience in the business of making costumes and replicas but isn't the occasional bad feedback something that comes with the territory? Your not going to impress everyone and not everybody is going to get it, so why are you surprised when this happens?

Quote:
To see such bile, bullshit and douchebag comments from fellow hobbyists, makes me extremely disappointed in you all.
Thank you, thank you for lumping everyone into one catagory with that sweeping remark. Congratulations in managing to put yourself on the level of the people who didn't like your work; you make such an act look quite easy to be honest.

Quote:
Some of you in particular, waving the 'HE'S AN ATTENTIONWHORE' or *VIRGIN* cards - let me educate you.. Not that educating internet trolls ever brings anything good - but I'll indulge you - since this pisses me off.
First, did you bother reading all the comments because quite a few were in response to the attentionwhore and virgin comments.

Second, bit of pot calling the kettle black here I would think. A few people are insulting so your response is to insult everyone, even those who like your work.

Quote:
First off - Roses and Boltshells, is the name of the business my fiance and I run; making pro level costumes and replicas for stage shows, tv and movie productions - also for the costuming hobby society. WE make MONEY off of making costume pieces and replicas - so this 'ATTENTIONWHORING' business you think you've got covered- go suck a chainsword!? This suit is a display piece, meant to show off our talent -and rightly so it has - being featured by multiple top tier pages such as Games Workshop and THQ - and more!
And to think, rather than come on here, act like an adult, and calmly provide this same information you chose to be an asshole yourself. At least I now know the name of the team to be a bit more wary of if/when I am ever looking for something like this in the possible future. Or at the very least I know which half not to want to deal with.

Quote:
I'm sensing a lot of confusion and ignorance towards costuming; especially with people claiming us to be virgins! So, this suit makes me a virgin? How about all the other great suits out there? HALO suits, Warcraft or Gears of War armours?? By your definition they're all virgins?
If that was you in the suit in the video then the act of you having a fiance, let along a girlfriend, clearly proves the virgin comments wrong and essentially debunks that train of 'logic'.

However you are right, for some people there clearly is a lot of confusion and ignorance.

Quote:
Before you post shit like that - I urge you to take a long look in the mirror!
What we chose to do with our money and free time ( yes we do this in our spare time - after a fulltime job) is our concern.
I'm just gonna go ahead and echo your comment here. The previous posts are the opinions of others, not everyone is going to like or even get your work and you simply cannot impress or enlighten everyone. The world is not perfect like that, so in the future when you get linked to something like this and it angers you, take a step back, calm down, and make sure you aren't lumping those who don't deserve your unhappiness in with the rest.

Quote:
I won't be posting more here - since it's a waste of time to feed you trolls any further.

But I must admit, I am indeed disappointed in this site and the level of immature comments here. One should think grown up people knew better.
To the first bit, I wrote this whole post armed with that knowledge.

And the second, once again pot calling the kettle black; no one here came to you to be insulting but you sure as hell came to us and did so.

And after having made/attempted to make things like this in the past, yeah that high price is very likely justified. It takes a ton of work to get done and done right. There are some things here and there I would have liked to see done differently, but different processes to different people.

Having said that, that price is what I paid for my first car so I can at least understand some of the thought behind the less than savory comments.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

Last edited by darkreever; 04-24-13 at 05:30 PM.
post #27 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-24-13, 05:27 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Here's another thought for all you who mock before they think.

What if that picture had been posted up, but without the original tagline of "Bobby X, enjoying his day in a custom-made suit of Terminator Armour, courtesy of The Make A Wish Foundation."

Just because the Internet allows for anonymous posting of whatever hate-filled bile you want to post, it doesn't make doing so right. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, that doesn't mean you have to put it in the most offensive, irresponsible way you can. If a few more people took a few more moments to think, the world (and internet) would be a much nicer place...

Edited to add - As a long term poster here, I would like to make something clear. The word "you" is not directed solely at one person, nor is it aimed at everyone. The word "you" can be more than all or nothing, and I would like to believe that those who aren't the ones I aimed the above comment at, would know the distinction.

This also applies to the comments made by Boltershells themselves, and if you are chosing to take offense at their words when you didn't post negatively, then you've missed the point somewhat...

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff

Last edited by SilverTabby; 04-24-13 at 05:33 PM.
post #28 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-24-13, 05:33 PM

And something else for thought: You know who posted this cosplay on their own pages (amongst many many others)? Warhammer World and Dan Abnett. So pray tell us esteemed virgin-callers: what did you achieve?
post #29 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-24-13, 05:37 PM

LiselleMade's Flag is: Denmark

I found the "virgin" comments particularly laughable when I sat down to consider who, off the top of my head, I would rather sleep with/engage in conversation/befriend if given the choice between:

1) Person who posts snide, belittling comments online, or,
2) Talented, creative couple who greate a FULL SIZED GODDAMN TERMIE ARMOR!

Here's a shocker: Many people (including, incidentally, people of the female variety, such as myself) find it a desirable trait when people are dedicated enough to make huge, crazy, impressive, awesome projects like that - even if they're costly/time consuming/etc.

Crafter of purity seals 'n' stuffz.

Last edited by LiselleMade; 04-24-13 at 06:10 PM.
post #30 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-24-13, 05:37 PM

I do not expect most of you will care what I have to say and quite frankly I do not give a fuck. I just joined this forum because I had some time to kill and I wanted to support someone with a great amount of talent.

If you sit here an ridicule someone for a hobby they partake in then you need to pack up your board game and revise your outlook on life. People pay a fortune for this kind of work. Do some research into replica prop building. Go to www.soaringhammer.com or www.therpf.com and see the vast amount of skills out there that people will pay for. At least his art will help support his hobby. Not sure if the same can be said about the games you play. Building is not about "look at me" more so a look at what can be accomplished. People like him share their knowledge and experience for others to learn and grow in artistic skill. Some of you just down right need to grow the fuck up and appreciate thing for what they are. Show me your amazing works of art, show me you painted figures that you spent endless hours painting and who knows how much on the purchase. This guy has a bright future in what he does and the sad part is your to ignorant to see it.

Before you sit here and judge this post or myself let me tell you some things about me. Go to Facebook and look for David Weimert. That is me. I am United States Army Staff Sergeant with 17 years and 6 tours to combat. I am a Father of 5 and have a beautiful wife who is 13 years younger than I am. I have been building replica props for many years and have made quite a bit off the hobby. I have built things that you could literally only imagine.

The point of this rant is to show support for those who have dreams and goals but also have assholes that are to stupid to appreciate and thank them for what they do. Instead they feel so insecure about what they do that they hide it and try to bring the artist down. Support one another.... everyone is a nerd to some level.

On a side note talent like this attracts more women than you think. He has a very beautiful Fiancé that loves him and supports him, how about you?

Ithica
David Weimert

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode