Termie Armour - Page 18 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 236 (permalink) Old 05-04-13, 10:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Words_of_Truth's Avatar
Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Birmingham, England
Posts: 7,003
Reputation: 30
Default

I'd love to walk around Gamesday or Comic-con in that.
Words_of_Truth is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #172 of 236 (permalink) Old 05-04-13, 10:32 AM
Senior Member
 
normtheunsavoury's Avatar
normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rochester, Medway, Kent.
Posts: 5,116
Reputation: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
I'd love to walk around Gamesday or Comic-con in that.
And I really do hope it would make you happy doing so, I'd probably look at you a bit funny but at a convention of some sort you expect to see that sort of thing.

On the other hand, if I saw you prancing round a car park dressed like that I would piss myself laughing and tell you just how much of a tit you look.

Its all relative to the situation.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
normtheunsavoury is offline  
post #173 of 236 (permalink) Old 05-06-13, 02:50 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothik View Post
gee what a bunch of children...sheesh
Sorry for bringing this thread up again, but i've been lurking for a few weeks and felt the need to post on this thread because I find the attitude here pretty unbelievable...(no i'm not a troll, so don't even go there).

Unbelievable because a minority here are claiming this guy is "pathetic" a "virgin" etc and yet you seem to think they are behaving like children? Really? This is the internet...
Remember, you guys started with the virgin comments, and now you are moaning about them being childish? That's what happens when you talk shit about someone - on the internet or in IRL. Sure, people shouldn't take anything seriously on the internetz, but some people obviously do...It's amazing some people here are refusing to take any responsibility for their comments, and just reeks of a lack of social skills/ self-confidence/ massive insecurities. The fact is, you'd never go upto someone on the street and tell them that because you know they might turn around and fucking hit you. But you are happy to do it from behind a made-up internet persona/computer screen anonymously. That is called being a fucking coward.

What's really pathetic is that you went out your way to copy and paste that picture here and are still going on about this...Honestly, it just gives the impression that it's bothering you. Seriously, just let it go.

Flame me all you want in retaliation or say it doesn't bother you. I think most who read this thread know the truth.
YarricksEye is offline  
 
post #174 of 236 (permalink) Old 05-06-13, 03:03 AM
Senior Member
 
DeathJester921's Avatar
DeathJester921's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,266
Reputation: 9
Default

Wanna know what I find pathetic? That fuck heads like you make accounts and come here to start stirring the shit again. I thought it was pathetic that people went out of there way to make that picture in the first place, and post it up. They don't know what the fuck were about here. Most of those virgin comments were jokes. We've got a dark sense of humor here. The ones that weren't jokes even got blasted by the community yet you morons like to overlook that. Hell yes it bothers me that people would blast our community at large because roses and boltshells decided to blow this entire thing out of fucking proportion.

You're one to talk about being a coward. Perhaps take your own advice there buddy. Perhaps you shouldn't have come here to stir the shit some more. It obviously bothers you that we think differently than you do. So why not just let it go, huh? Why bother commenting in the first place?

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
DeathJester921 is offline  
post #175 of 236 (permalink) Old 05-06-13, 03:19 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
 
Jacobite's Avatar
Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,082
Reputation: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarricksEye View Post
That is called being a fucking coward.
Because taking the 2 minutes to repost a picture like that and type a couple of lines of text is so much more cowardly and childish than say, I don't know: spending 30 minutes + to think up the picture, draw it, probably scan it, import it into photoshop (if it wasn't done in photoshop), add the text, export it, upload it to a hosting site, link it and post it not to the offending website but to your own shitty corner of the web where only the ass lickers you hang around with will see it and will no doubt toss your salad a bit more because of it...

Nice to see you've handled the basics of life on the internet though.
Jacobite is offline  
post #176 of 236 (permalink) Old 05-06-13, 03:20 AM
The Emperor Protects
 
Angel of Blood's Avatar
Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,262
Reputation: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarricksEye View Post
just reeks of a lack of social skills/ self-confidence/ massive insecurities
See, this type of comment keprt/keeps popping up around this issue and I just don't get it. I have (imo) pretty fucking awesome social skills, I get along with pretty much anyone I meet straight away(unless they're an absolute tool of course), I can strike up conversations with random people pretty effortlessly and have no issue in telling people what I really think. All of this can in large be due to self-confidence and a lack of insecurities. I just happen to think that suit is a colossal waste of money, that prancing about in a car park wearing it, is pretty weird and for the most part just find the general response to the virgin jokes to be pretty hilarious and often quite contradictory and/or hypocritical.

I'm fairly confident the same could be said for Vaz(most military guys seem to have the same sort of mindset) and Norm also just strikes me as the kind of guy that would point at someone across the street wearing a terminator suit and laugh out loud and call him what he wants, and I imagine neither are lacking in social skills or confidence either. We just find these things funny.


The 'Don't worry, you're awesome, Haters gonna hate' motif is also pretty hilarious. How are all these people convincing themselves that we hate his terminator suit, because we can't do it ourselves or have social problems of our own? Why can't someone just not like a fucking suit, not like cosplay, not entertain the idea of spending $2000 on a cardboard suit etc etc.

They don't hate it because they can't do it. The vast majority hate it because, wait for it..........they just plain old fucking hate it.



I also love how people keep throwing out 'You're all cowards for hiding behind your internet selves'. Well, again, if I saw the guy in his suit walking about a car park, I probably would laugh a little, maybe even go up to him and ask about it, but I can assure you, the moment he told me it cost $2000, I wouldn't hesitate to tell him exactly how I feel about that. But even that's irrelevant. Voicing your opinion or thoughts on the internet doesn't make you a coward, are you looking for people to say some insult or disagree with something and then sign their names, location and details after in case the other party wants to duke it out in the real world?

No, of course you don't, because that would be retarded, you know why? Because it would be really obviously fucking retarded.
Angel of Blood is offline  
post #177 of 236 (permalink) Old 05-06-13, 04:49 AM
Feed
 
Serpion5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Space
Posts: 10,976
Reputation: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarricksEye View Post
Sorry for bringing this thread up again, but i've been lurking for a few weeks and felt the need to post on this thread because I find the attitude here pretty unbelievable...(no i'm not a troll, so don't even go there).

Unbelievable because a minority here are claiming this guy is "pathetic" a "virgin" etc and yet you seem to think they are behaving like children? Really? This is the internet...
Remember, you guys started with the virgin comments, and now you are moaning about them being childish? That's what happens when you talk shit about someone - on the internet or in IRL. Sure, people shouldn't take anything seriously on the internetz, but some people obviously do...It's amazing some people here are refusing to take any responsibility for their comments, and just reeks of a lack of social skills/ self-confidence/ massive insecurities. The fact is, you'd never go upto someoune on the street and tell them that because you know they might turn around and fucking hit you. But you are happy to do it from behind a made-up internet persona/computer screen anonymously. That is called being a fucking coward.

What's really pathetic is that you went out your way to copy and paste that picture here and are still going on about this...Honestly, it just gives the impression that it's bothering you. Seriously, just let it go.

Flame me all you want in retaliation or say it doesn't bother you. I think most who read this thread know the truth.
Thank god there are morally superior guardians of the internet like you around.


Nonsense is our Salvation

Serpion5 is offline  
post #178 of 236 (permalink) Old 05-06-13, 05:04 AM
The Hebrew Hammer
 
The Son of Horus's Avatar
The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 6,544
Reputation: 60
Default



This came to mind...

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

The Son of Horus is offline  
post #179 of 236 (permalink) Old 05-06-13, 09:06 AM
Senior Member
 
gothik's Avatar
gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Folkestone Kent UK
Posts: 2,172
Reputation: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarricksEye View Post
Sorry for bringing this thread up again, but i've been lurking for a few weeks and felt the need to post on this thread because I find the attitude here pretty unbelievable...(no i'm not a troll, so don't even go there).

Unbelievable because a minority here are claiming this guy is "pathetic" a "virgin" etc and yet you seem to think they are behaving like children? Really? This is the internet...
Remember, you guys started with the virgin comments, and now you are moaning about them being childish? That's what happens when you talk shit about someone - on the internet or in IRL. Sure, people shouldn't take anything seriously on the internetz, but some people obviously do...It's amazing some people here are refusing to take any responsibility for their comments, and just reeks of a lack of social skills/ self-confidence/ massive insecurities. The fact is, you'd never go upto someone on the street and tell them that because you know they might turn around and fucking hit you. But you are happy to do it from behind a made-up internet persona/computer screen anonymously. That is called being a fucking coward.

What's really pathetic is that you went out your way to copy and paste that picture here and are still going on about this...Honestly, it just gives the impression that it's bothering you. Seriously, just let it go.

Flame me all you want in retaliation or say it doesn't bother you. I think most who read this thread know the truth.
you say sorry for bringing the thread up again but in reality i think this is just your way of keeping it going so you can go back and complain again. Yes i said you were a bunch of children...why? because you are acting like children, my gods my three year old great-niece is better behaved then this and she has every right to act childish.

i think this is called attention seeking and touting for buisness amongst other like minded individuals. Funny how you all do the same in your comments on FB, put a one sided story on there and sit back then fan the flames, just so you can all have the moral high ground....guess what its a hobby, this is a hobby its not real but when you put up some You Tube vid of a guy in cardboard termi armour then you better be prepared for some pisstaking, and trust me people on You Tube can be miles harsher than on here but its here you choose to troll.

People on here mostly respect other peoples opinions and to my knowledge there is a vast amount of serving or ex service personnel on here so there is no cowards amongst them, so go back to your group say i trolled Heresy Online and pat yourself on the back, then go post the pictures up again so that more and more people say poor you, pat you on the back and slag us down again....its getting boaring
gothik is offline  
post #180 of 236 (permalink) Old 05-06-13, 11:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Orochi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,861
Reputation: 9
Default

And I still have no idea what is going on.
Orochi is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome