Termie Armour - Page 12 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-26-13, 09:26 AM
We fly for the Emperor!

ThunderHawk's Flag is: Indonesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
I don't take it as a joke because I'm not reading it as a joke. You may see what, in your mind, constitutes a little harmless. I see people being purposely malicious because, in their minds, they see someone who is so much of a "geek" or "nerd" that it makes gamers look like extremists and that fills them with the fear of being associated with such individuals. Why not focus on the skill and creativity that went into the project rather than basking the guy?
The way you perceive people are malicious is showing how you feel so insecure. A majority of us here are geeks and nerds. That guy may be spending a lot for his suit, and a majority of us here has spent more for our plastic soldier. We don't fear being associated with geeks and nerds, because we are one of them. If we fear the association, why we pick up the hobby at the first place? Why join a forum concerning 40K?

Quote:
My self-esteem is doing quite well thank you, as it isn't mine that is coming under potential attack. Trying to make this into some pop psychology lesson simply isn't going to work.

I am not in possession of any fear that "gamers are not attractive to girls". The fact that you read that into my statement is a testament to your own fears.

And my statement about how a woman would react? Well gosh...it's just a joke. Can't you take a joke?
It's great if you don't have the fear, then. But surely it still doesn't explain well why you perceive other users as malicious, or why you have the inability as a joke?

Quote:
Oh? Do you know them well enough to know for a fact there was no malice in those statements? Somehow I doubt that you know those people well enough to know what they were thinking and feeling when they posted those comments.
True. I may not know most of them. I even don't know their real names, address, or whatsoever. But I trust in the "innocent before being proven guilty". I trust all of people in the forum as my friends, because we have the same hobby. If some of these friends communicate well with me and maybe play with me, they become closer friends. If some of these friends act like a jerk, we don't become friends anymore. I start all of my relationship on a neutral/friendly relation. I never start a relationship negatively. I trust that all people will try to do their best. I trust that all gamers in this world has "about the same" views on gaming.

Quote:
Look, I don't want to see this turning into a big flame war. I reacted as I did because I fail to see why anyone needs to belittle what he accomplished in making that suit. I'm certain a lot of us have been on the receiving end of some type of belittlement from those around us because of our hobbies. We're called geeks, nerds, gamers and worse and while I'm sure the majority of us live by the statement, "I really don't give a fuck what others think", I, for one, don't think that's entirely true. I believe that most of us are bothered when that happens even if it's just a little bit. I know I am...and the reason it bothers me is because all it does is reinforce that social wall that separates us from understanding one another. I've never understood the reason to pursue that endeavor.
In fact, if you read closely. Nearly everyone praises the suit. But everybody hates the counter-attack that comes after a joke is lashed out. A joke should be a joke, not more.

Quote:
That brings me back to those comments here that I perceive as malicious. As part of this community and the larger gaming community, I think we rather owe it to each other to be more supportive of one another. It's not about getting the self-esteem or self-worth that we want to have, but strengthening that self-esteem and self-worth that exists it so that when those unfortunate-and hopefully rare-times when someone outside our community exhibits a snide and belittling attitude towards one of us, it will have no effect. Without any perceived effect, maybe that want to ridicule another will lessen and that wall of separation will begin to crumble.
I think joking with each other is also being supportive with each other. Problem is, some of the people can't react to a joke properly.

Army Lists :
Need Advice : 2000 pts GK Army List

Old Army List : 2000 pts GK Army List
Old Army List : 2000 pts SM Vulkan List
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-26-13, 11:01 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

1) It's ALIVE! (The Thread)
2) BFG = Big Friendly Giant in this case. Check dem ears.
3) Bad Form, maybe. But she's probably a, what 3 at best?
4) How I've escaped SoH's Banhammer I have no idea. I'm all of those things.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #113 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-26-13, 11:27 AM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Bad form, OIIIIIIO
Quote:
Originally Posted by humakt View Post
Now your just been harsh there OIIIIIIO, Im sure she's a lovely girl.
Not sure why OIIIIIIIIO is being told off here when effectively all he's doing is following the current trend for this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post

Anyone for a game of spot the difference?

Whilst i get that there are high tensions here and i get that you're pissed off with Boltshell, Jez, this thread has become an abomination of namecalling and revenge.

Almost all of the derogatory comments made about heresy on the the various facebook pages and even Dakka have been removed. Why is it that Heretics are the only ones who won't let this die? We got attacked in our own home, stood up for ourselves and managed to clear any evidence of bad feelings from the interwebs.

When an occasional "Heresy are jerks" tread pops up on facebook, i tried to argue the point but was quickly told by Boltshells.
Quote:
the sole reason your owner got banned was because he openly called Roses a whore! I don't know about you, but I find shit like that unacceptable, regardless of anything.
I don't know what the context of all this was and frankly i don't much care any more. It's gone on for too long as it is.

This thread has been closed twice and then reopened to allow for the malice to keep flowing. I know that censoring isn't something we do here but there are still meant to be rules in place to stop threads like this derailing our focus on the shinies.

Jez you do a great job in running this site and keeping heresy an open and engaging place to be. This thread, in any other forum would have been wiped from history, something that i'm glad doesn't happen here, but if it had been any other member with a vested interest it would have been locked up faster than a SoB's sex toys when the matriarch is inspecting.

What sort of message does this give? "These are the rules, we will lock your thread if you break them......unless we don't want to because it's personal to us."

At the end of the day it's your website so you can do what you want with it and i'm fully expecting a shitstorm of Heretics telling me i'm out of line for posting this but i can live with that.

post #114 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-26-13, 11:55 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Probably fair enough points Grim but I think in this instance we are dealing with a group of particularly immature individuals.

Evidence their behaviour in here and on the Lexicanium Facebook site and I think you'll see what I mean fairly quickly.

I see nothing wrong in the way this has been handled, no posts have been deleted nor have any posters been blocked, unlike the Facebook site.

The level of freedom of speech on Heresy is very rare when compared to other forums and it is the one thing that has kept me here to date. I'd hate to see that disappear.
post #115 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-26-13, 12:12 PM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

I agree with Grimm, this thread has derailed completely and serves no point. It's just a malicious circle jerk now. Both sides are in the wrong to varying degrees, let this thread die. Close it.

post #116 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-26-13, 01:02 PM
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Why close an active and interesting thread?

As to calling the guy a whore.. really? He's playing victim again here? The moron calls me a douche when I haven't commented on his perverse obsession... I call him a whore in reply (his surname was Hoare btw) my post is deleted his isn't. Go figure.

Whats the obsession with letting a thread die anyway? I'll tell you something - I rarely, if ever close a thread. Actually, I think I've reopened more threads than I've closed. They close when there's no further input. If the forum want to slate an idiot crack on. It makes me laugh.

Laughing is good.

Last edited by Jezlad; 04-26-13 at 01:56 PM.
post #117 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-26-13, 01:12 PM

LuLzForTheLuLzGoD's Flag is: United Kingdom

There's like 2 comments that could be taken as insults and one of them is fucking hilarious. I laughed for a good 2 mins at the 2+ virgin joke.

I went to their facebook and it's all "haters gonna hate. not mentioning a certain heretical forumn"

You're making costumes of some of the nerdiest shit I know. This is pushing the realms od DnD, I've played it and I look at that termi suit and think "Jesus christ, what were you thinking?" I can, and anyone else here can say anything we bloody like. Obviosuly not things like "kill yourself" or some shit, but this is some powered up prick who wants praise 100% all the time.

Most of the thread was complimentary. Too many people get their little pants all in their cheeks. Hope they come back though. It's entertaining.
post #118 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-27-13, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderHawk View Post
The way you perceive people are malicious is showing how you feel so insecure. A majority of us here are geeks and nerds. That guy may be spending a lot for his suit, and a majority of us here has spent more for our plastic soldier. We don't fear being associated with geeks and nerds, because we are one of them. If we fear the association, why we pick up the hobby at the first place? Why join a forum concerning 40K?

It's great if you don't have the fear, then. But surely it still doesn't explain well why you perceive other users as malicious, or why you have the inability as a joke?

True. I may not know most of them. I even don't know their real names, address, or whatsoever. But I trust in the "innocent before being proven guilty". I trust all of people in the forum as my friends, because we have the same hobby. If some of these friends communicate well with me and maybe play with me, they become closer friends. If some of these friends act like a jerk, we don't become friends anymore. I start all of my relationship on a neutral/friendly relation. I never start a relationship negatively. I trust that all people will try to do their best. I trust that all gamers in this world has "about the same" views on gaming.

In fact, if you read closely. Nearly everyone praises the suit. But everybody hates the counter-attack that comes after a joke is lashed out. A joke should be a joke, not more.

I think joking with each other is also being supportive with each other. Problem is, some of the people can't react to a joke properly.
If a joke is humorous, then it should be a joke. I found no humor in the virginity jokes directed at him. Perhaps your experiences with such humor has been of a jovial, camaraderie atmosphere. Mine have not. In my experience, the people I have witnessed being the butt of such jokes have not been joked with in a casual, friendly manner. There has been, all to frequently, malice on the other end. Since it's almost impossible to ascertain the true motives of posters who are totally anonymous to me, I'll assume the worst until someone demonstrates otherwise.

It's one thing to be critical of the suit. There's nothing with offering observations about what one thinks might have been done better. The point is this: it's one thing to make comments about the suit. It's another thing to make it personal. There's zero reason for it. As far as I'm concerned, those who'd offer up such comments are the ones with feelings of insecurity or inadequacy.

Believe what you like.
post #119 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-27-13, 09:47 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
If a joke is humorous, then it should be a joke. I found no humor in the virginity jokes directed at him. Perhaps your experiences with such humor has been of a jovial, camaraderie atmosphere. Mine have not. In my experience, the people I have witnessed being the butt of such jokes have not been joked with in a casual, friendly manner. There has been, all to frequently, malice on the other end. Since it's almost impossible to ascertain the true motives of posters who are totally anonymous to me, I'll assume the worst until someone demonstrates otherwise.

So you found no humor in it and you are the be all and end all judge of what's funny and whats not? Get over yourself, seriously chill the hell out, have a brew and grow some sort of detachment, you aren't doing yourself any favors at all.

It's one thing to be critical of the suit. There's nothing with offering observations about what one thinks might have been done better. The point is this: it's one thing to make comments about the suit. It's another thing to make it personal. There's zero reason for it. As far as I'm concerned, those who'd offer up such comments are the ones with feelings of insecurity or inadequacy.

Welcome to the internet, if you can't get over the fact that everybody is anonymous here and therefore will say shit they might not to do in real life then you need to go back to the cotton wool world.

Believe what you like.
I've held off commenting on this for a while. To begin with I was actually on the side of the virgin comments aren't needed. Then the shit storm happened, Boltshells, Honorous etc show up and start swinging like somebody just insulted their mothers. Then boltshells posts up a pick of his missus... and then gets shitty when people insult her? Well what the hell did he think was going to happen? Everybody was going to fawn over her? A stupid and pathetic attempt at saying "look how big my dicks is I am the alpha male of wargamers". Well surprise surprise it didn't go down well. If you are thick enough to post a picture of your missus on the net where you know people have an issue with you then I'm actually flabbergasted that you have the cranial capacity to work a key board.

Grow a thicker skin and get over it, seriously if this is how butt hurt you get on the net I hate to think about how you deal with situations in real life.

Newsflash some people won't like what you do, as soon as you want to charge money for your product (which he can't, due to IP) then you open yourself up to a new level of critism. At this point you need to a grow a thicker skin. Not track down every single one of your detractors and give them a barrelling.

Now as the suit goes personally I think its a good enough effort, maybe not worth 2K: some proportions are off, you can see through it at certain points, it lacks weight that much is obvious and this means its not, IMHO, going to show the character of the piece as well as it should. It's not something I would personally buy but I can appreciate the effort that went into it.

However after the stupidity of boltshells I wouldn't touch him or his business with a 10 foot barge pole and nor would I ever recommend him to anybody. My opinion of cos-players as a group has dropped faster than a ten tonne brick as well. I was indifferent before... now I'm looking at most of them like an infectious pack of molly coddled freaks with inferioity complexes who have trouble grasping whats real and whats fiction. So good job on that account!

As for the deleting of posts and non censorship of this site. Deleting the responses you don't like is childish, if they are really so bad then leave them up and let the general public make up their own mind. As it stands it makes the deleter look like he has something to hide.

The one good thing about this thread is that its kept the chatbox amused for a few days.
post #120 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-27-13, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Screw this, I like what they do. This is my hobby, I read about the back ground, buy endless books good or bad, play endless armies and spend more money than I should. I'd love to go to a convention dressed up. I would go as a Termie but if I had the money I genuinely would ask them to see about making me a Tech Priest costume, the red capes, vox grills and piping.... beautiful.
I'm proud of my hobby and see this no different to those that dress up as Gandalf and such, or dress up from animes they like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode