If you could go to the 40,000 universe - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-13, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Silens's Flag is: Wales

Returnoftheclown's thread reminded me of a conversation me and some friends have had too. Basically, if you could get put anywhere anywhen during the 41st Millenium (Terran Standard Time - From the beginning of year 40,000 to the end of year 40,999) then where and when would you go? What would you do? Assume that your appearance is literally as if you just suddenly existed, not like a mini warp jump or anything. You can have as much time to prepare before you depart as you wish.

The question might seem a little bland at first but take into account that fact that 40k nerds know a LOT about the 40k universe. Go to the Dark Angels and tell them you know about the fallen angels? Heck, most of the Dark Angels themselves don't even know about that. Tell people you know of the Chaos gods? Most imperials don't know about that. You know the names, deeds and histories of the primarchs? Historians would be picking your brain for knowledge. However... Show up on an imperial planet and profess knowledge of the universe which very few people know, let alone collectively all that knowledge? The Inquisition's gonna be on your ass faster than you can say "Golden Throne". You'd have to be careful. You'd be armed with all that knowledge... But that's all you'd have. You'd be labelled heretic and executed, most likely and you can't exactly stop them.

Personally, I think I'd go to one of the Space Marine chapters. They tend to not like the Inquisition and if I could prove my worth and that I could help them then at the very least I think they'd let me live. Alternatively I could just pick a nice planet and go live there and keep quiet about the dark truths of the galaxy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
"Look they got a-OH MY GOD I'M ON FIRE FOR THE LOVE OF NAKED SANTA IT HURTS!"

Last edited by darkreever; 04-19-13 at 04:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-13, 11:14 PM

I haven't heard tell of any nice planets... their all very Grim Dark. I for one wouldn't go there if offered the chance. If taken against my will, I'd kill myself.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-13, 11:20 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silens View Post
Alternatively I could just pick a nice planet and go live there and keep quiet about the dark truths of the galaxy.
You cannot escape the Inquisition !

But yeh, I'm with Prime. not interested in any of the Grim Dark Future, quite happy here

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-13, 11:55 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Assuming I were forced to go there, I would probably join the inquisition (I think they would probably let me in based on nerd-knowledge alone). If I were a normal civilian I would probably get killed by some alien. If I were in the Imperial Guard I would probably get killed by some aline. Admittedly, were I in the inquisition I would probably get killed by aliens anyway, but I would be better prepared etc. I might last longer. And I want me a bolt pistol...

Given the choice though, I really don't want to go :/ Life sucks there, man.

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-13, 11:56 PM

I'd go aboard the Eternal Crusader and tell Helbrecht Im a remembrancer and live there
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-19-13, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Silens's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
Assuming I were forced to go there, I would probably join the inquisition (I think they would probably let me in based on nerd-knowledge alone). If I were a normal civilian I would probably get killed by some alien. If I were in the Imperial Guard I would probably get killed by some aline. Admittedly, were I in the inquisition I would probably get killed by aliens anyway, but I would be better prepared etc. I might last longer. And I want me a bolt pistol...

Given the choice though, I really don't want to go :/ Life sucks there, man.
I don't think the inquisition has a recruiting stations or is handing out flyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
"Look they got a-OH MY GOD I'M ON FIRE FOR THE LOVE OF NAKED SANTA IT HURTS!"
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-19-13, 07:06 AM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

He could start in a Schola Progenium and prove himself worthy to be recruited into the Inquisition. Then again, he might wind up a Commissar that way.

If I was younger I might try to get recruited into an Astartes chapter. Being super human would be cool. Of course, nothing but war would get tiresome I bet.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-19-13, 07:20 AM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

I would not want to go. Far to grim dark for my liking.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-19-13, 08:16 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

off to the space wolves either chapter serf or innitiate.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 12:13 AM
We fly for the Emperor!

ThunderHawk's Flag is: Indonesia

The future is so bad, and there was only war, so I prefer just to be here.

There are 50% chance that I will be killed by aliens, 49% chance that I will be killed by other people (I don't know how to speak Low/High Gothic, don't know the Imperial Creed or how to properly praise the Emperor, maybe my clothing is out of place, I don't have a single cent of money, etc.), and 1% chance of surviving.

Be a Guard? Killed by aliens. Killed by commissars for telling them that the trench warfare strategy has died out 39000 years ago, or for telling them that lasgun is just a flashlight.
Be a Space Marine? A great option, if I am able. I am too old to be a Space Marine.
Be an ordinary man? Probably will be executed as heretics, for having too much fun. Or for refusing to work daily in factories. Or just for looking odd.

Our vast knowledge (yes, we even can tell the Emperor the details of the Horus Heresy, where and how he find his sons, or even can tell disasters that will befell the Imperium) will probably have some use, though we will still be executed for knowing forbidden knowledge (existence of Grey Knights, powers of Chaos Gods, etc.)

Army Lists :
Need Advice : 2000 pts GK Army List

Old Army List : 2000 pts GK Army List
Old Army List : 2000 pts SM Vulkan List

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode