Ultimate Unit Game: Retro Edition #2 - DAKKA - Page 13 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-04-13, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm guessing not - was it email or PM?

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-04-13, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
I'm guessing not - was it email or PM?
I'm guessing not either. It was international, overnight, next day delivery. I knew I shouldn't trust the post office to send bribes.
post #123 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-04-13, 05:32 PM

CE5511's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I'm guessing not either. It was international, overnight, next day delivery. I knew I shouldn't trust the post office to send bribes.
Cant trust those mail men. I sent a 12 pack, some 7up, and strippers overnight delivery! He never recieved them either

post #124 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-04-13, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Spanner in the works...

Oh no, I received them alright...

That is- er... um... yeh.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:

post #125 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-05-13, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Spanner in the works...

Aha! Yes, I've finally gotten around to rolling those matches for round 1 - so here we are...

Karnax vs Filler #3

The Demolisher Cannon of the Leman Russ, on paper should make light work of the paper-thin Hornets. However, poor rolling on the damage table draws this one out, with Shaken result after Shaken reccurring time and again. Finally, they are slowly whittled down, though the Russ loses two Hull Points in the process.

Karnax moves on.

Zodd vs Filler #1

Again, a fairly unbalanced match up for the Eldar, which the Predator demonstrates in its opening volley, shredding the Scatter Laser off one, and glancing two of the others. The Vypers can only inflict two glances over the turns as they disintegrate under the weight of fire.

Zodd moves on.

routine vs The Sturk

The Triarch Stalker manages to inflict a solitary wound from its flamer, before being nuked shortly by the Infantry squad.

routine moves on.

Filler #2 vs Iniquity

The Keeper of Secrets gets lucky and rolls Corrosive Breath for its Lesser Reward. Initially the fight swings in the favour of the Crusaders, who manage to bring the Keeper down to its last wound, though taking heavy casualties in the process as they lose momentum. The Daemon then makes a bit of a boo-boo and Perils on its Psychic Test for Psychic Shriek - a double 1. So in its final throes it manages to take out the final Crusaders...

REMATCH

This time the match is nowhere near as close, as the Greater Daemon is nowhere near as lucky, and is finished off in short order.

Filler #2 moves on.

MetalHandkerchief vs returnoftheclown

Oh dear. Oh deary, deary me. That poor Defiler probably had it coming with all that death and destruction it committed over the years in service to the Dark Gods. All brought to an end by a single Fusion Blaster shot.

MetalHandkerchief moves on.

Filler #8 vs High_Seraph

Those Missile Launchers prove mighty useful as a Shield Drone and Shas'ui are dropped instantly, with the bolters adding another Suit to the corpse pile. Return fire is substantial, but insufficient, inflicting 4 wounds (but luckily no Launchers). The Shas'vre is finished off the next turn in return for another two wounds.

High_Seraph moves on.

Silens vs LTKage

The first exchange is a 4 for 3 affair in favour of the Fire Dragons, with 2 Crypteks reanimating at the end of the phase. The Crypteks slay 5 Dragons over this turn and the next, but are quickly wiped out in the second turn by those unforgiving melta weapons.

LTKage moves on.

MidnightSun vs Filler #4

A nasty matchup for the Dark Angels here, and it shows. in the opening volley the Apothecary and both Meltagunners are taken out, in return for four wounds. The Plasmagunners manage to hold out and inflict another 4 wounds before being overrun by superior numbers.

Filler #4 moves on.

Boc vs AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH

Ergh. This was not fun to roll. After approximately Ican'tfuckingrememberhowlong,itwasthatbad, I looked like this:

Oh, and Boc had finally managed to inflict some wounds and kill the damn Obliterators. Bloody Reanimation Protocols, making rounds go on forever...

*mumbles* *muttering*

Boc moves on.

Biellan vs Archon Dan

This was much quicker, as although the War Walkers inflict a decent amount of damage (four wounds), the Necrons blaze their way through and onto the next round.

Archon Dan moves on.

Romero's Own vs Jace of Ultramar

Now this probably would have been pretty even. If it were not again for Reanimation Protocols. The Sternguard all hit with their meltas in turn one, inflicting 5 wounds, but suffer three in return. Then the sustain begins to take its toll, as the Astartes simply cannot outlast the Necrons who grind them down.

Romero's Own moves on.

Stephen_Newman vs CattleBruiser

Again, a rather nasty matchup, this time for the Dark Eldar it would seem, as they are wiped out in that first round of shooting, only managing to inflict six wounds in return.

CattleBruiser moves on.

CE5511 vs Filler #5

Well if you thought the previous game was quick, take a gander at this one. The Riptide annihilates the Legionnaires in one shot from its Ion Accelerator.

CE5511 moves on.

Grokfog vs Warsmith7752

Although the Dark Eldar manage to inflict a nice four wounds onto the Noise Marines, the Sonic Blasters really pull their weight as the return fire inflicts an impressive 16 wounds on the Dark Eldar. Without their weight of fire, they cannot inflict the damage they need, and are easily mopped up by the Slaaneshi.

Warsmith7752 moves on.

Filler #7 vs the Meddler

Not a long fight once more, as the meltagun Acolytes make short work of the Speeders, and with only the loss of the Hot Shot Acolytes from the Heavy Flamers.

The Meddler moves on.

Iron Angel vs Filler #6

The Elysians boast significant firepower, and this takes its toll on the Immortals, inflicting 6 wounds. Return fire however is more effective, stripping the squad down to just its Sergeant, who is polished off next turn.

Iron Angel moves on.

__________________________________________________ _____________

And so, the match ups for round 2:

Iron Angel vs CE5511

The Meddler vs CattleBruiser

Boc vs Warsmith7752

Archon Dan vs Romero's Own

Filler #2 vs MetalHandkerchief

routine vs Karnax

Zodd vs Filler #4

LTKage vs High_Seraph

So I should have this all done and rolled by the same time next week. Well done to all those who got through and commiserations to those who didn't!

Quote:

Last edited by spanner94ezekiel; 05-05-13 at 04:50 PM.
post #126 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-05-13, 03:14 PM

Grokfog's Flag is: England

Like I said, bad matchup for me. Well, congratulations Warsmith, and everyone else that got through the first round
post #127 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-05-13, 03:18 PM

Congrats to those moving on.

This makes twice in the first round that I've gotten knocked out on round one. I'm going to start fielding something much better, like Blackjack and hookers... you know what, forget the blackjack.

Last edited by Jace of Ultramar; 05-05-13 at 03:22 PM.
post #128 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-05-13, 03:57 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Oh wow. returnoftheclown, I feel sorry for that round. You could literally have come up against almost anyone else and done well for yourself. I feel like a robber

Of course I'm still happy to move on

Up against power armour next round though... Remember to put my precision shots (if any) on that melta and missile, Spanner

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #129 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-05-13, 04:05 PM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

My condolences to the widows/widowers of those Eldar pilots.

Immortals vs Immortals? What madness is this!?
Good luck to my honourable opponent. I'm just going to go over here and NOT deploy my Wraiths.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."
post #130 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-05-13, 04:27 PM

A Demolisher Russ? Crap...

Oh well, at least I got through!

Good luck in the next round Karnax!

The Grey Knights: Because Huzzah for Blind Faith and Unreasonable Hatred!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode