Eldar RUMORS - Page 56 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #551 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 09:55 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by effigy22 View Post
Fluff wise guardians make sense. The while eldar army is meant to work in synergy with other units.

Why on earth would your guardians be in range to shoot and not have an aspect unit nearby to then charge the softened up enemy?

Path of the warrior (I think) has a brilliant moment where the striking scorpions were laying in wait, when the guardians unleashed a hail of shurikens they pounced and ate the enemies faces.

just keep calm, wait for the codex to be released, then complain all you want about the bad stuff... But remember guys, synergy! That will be your best friend. If you can't do it, go back to space marines.
Yeah, sounds really cool in books and on paper.

First army I ever had was eldar (since 2nd edition). I know how they play and that you can't play your units in a vaccuum etc.

I'm hoping the book will see good synergy(from the looks of it, it will).

But if that synergy is limited to "shoot with the short ranged shooty unit and then charge with the punchy unit next to it so you don't get countercharged" as an argument pro-guardians, you are only kidding yourself! That's about the most basic tactic there is and can be excecuted by any army with dedicated CC units.

It still shouldn't serve as an excuse for overcosted units that are just going to sit on the shelves collecting dust. We'll see what the book will bring, and what the more competitive option will turn out to be... but looking at the stats and abilities from these rumours, my bet is on dire avengers to become the most favorable choice.

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #552 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Irish Commissar View Post
Do we no yet if the warlock powers can stack yet. For example the lowering of armour saves. It would be funny to see terminators with a 4 plus or 5 plus save. :-P
Take them all out with Shurican Catapults! lel

Not to mention, I wonder if this makes them vulnerable to the AP of other weapons... just occurred to me that would happen wouldn't it?

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo
post #553 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 10:45 PM

The Irish Commissar's Flag is: Ireland

Terminators not getting armour saves from shuriken catapults because you reduced their armour to 5+. LOL

6th Edition. 7th Edition

Eldar. Eldar
W14-D1-L4. W2-D0-L0

Imperial guard
W3-D2-L1

Space marine's
W0-D0-L0

post #554 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 11:09 PM

Now we just need a way to remove invulnerable saves....

post #555 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 11:41 PM

troybuckle's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolatemm View Post
Now we just need a way to remove invulnerable saves....
Isn't there a PP that can let you reduce an enemy units Sv by 1 (so 5+ becomes 6+)

Damn it, I'm trying not to read all this stuff that's posted... I don't want to ruin Newcodexday on Newcodexday-eve...
post #556 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 06:51 AM

It seems like the Wraithknight can carry 4 guns in total... but if I'm correct, it can only fire two. It's possible they intended for the secondary weapons (Shuriken Cannons, ect) to be fired as a more effective anti-infantry option than the Heavy Wraith Cannons would be. Is there any other reason you can think of to take the secondary weapon systems if you are keeping the Heavy Wraith Cannons?

The Grey Knights: Because Huzzah for Blind Faith and Unreasonable Hatred!
post #557 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 08:28 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine View Post
It seems like the Wraithknight can carry 4 guns in total... but if I'm correct, it can only fire two. It's possible they intended for the secondary weapons (Shuriken Cannons, ect) to be fired as a more effective anti-infantry option than the Heavy Wraith Cannons would be. Is there any other reason you can think of to take the secondary weapon systems if you are keeping the Heavy Wraith Cannons?
We're not yet sure on that. There are likely hidden goodies not yet told to us, waiting for us to find them, like coins in the couch.
post #558 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 01:35 PM

Indeed there might be a rule somewhere to let it fire everything, or loading it up with guns might be silly and those are more for if you swap for a shield and/or sword. Which for something like that I would think the shield at least would be somewhat valuable what with being that tall and packing a 3+. Rule of cool also applies.
post #559 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 02:21 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

The shoulder weapons might be a good choice for overwatch or shooting at flyers as well, since the arm weapons are blast I believe. The over weapon-ing is not that unusual though considering a 4ed Wraithlord could take far more weaponry than it could use in one round of shooting.

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)
post #560 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Suncannon: 48" S6, AP2, Heavy 3, Blast
Oh my

That's a lot of nastyness if paired with 2 star cannons (if you can shoot them all). Or for that matter, paired with a 1 star cannon and 1 scatter laser (for twin-linked ability).

Last edited by Desolatemm; 05-30-13 at 02:46 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode