Eldar RUMORS - Page 55 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #541 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 07:39 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

A lot of these weapons will really take advantage of the Necrons I2.

Regardless, it is great to see the Eldar get the update they needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 07:53 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

What I think everyone is skipping in the estimation of Guardians is they will almost NEVER be assaulted. Take a 20 man guardian squad in defensive fire. Forty Shots. 7 nearly guaranteed AP:2 wounds. Think about that. So, they have a 12" range. Think of flying daemon princes. One round within 12", dead. boom. Tries to assault, dead, boom. I'll take that!
post #543 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creon View Post
What I think everyone is skipping in the estimation of Guardians is they will almost NEVER be assaulted. Take a 20 man guardian squad in defensive fire. Forty Shots. 7 nearly guaranteed AP:2 wounds. Think about that. So, they have a 12" range. Think of flying daemon princes. One round within 12", dead. boom. Tries to assault, dead, boom. I'll take that!
Not to mention the Target Locking thing from scatter lasers. What if they take one and hit with it in over-watch? do all the other shurrican catapults in the unit get twin linked? Maybe the platform cannot shoot in over-watch?

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo

post #544 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 08:36 PM

troybuckle's Flag is: Canada

Well i haven't read all of the stuff that was posted here, seeing as I want to have some surprise when the new dex gets to me, but i have noticed that according to what was posted that a lot of things have actually went up in cost. Despite having wargear and rule improvements, i still don't like the price hikes, i really wanted there to be a drop across the board....

I have a few questions though:

1. Do DA still have the ability to fire an extra shot (Old bladestorm) and how many points have they gone up on a basic 10 man squad with an Exarch?

2. Are the PL still over 200+ points (i feel that they are not worth this and have been shelfed all 5th and 6th thus far)?

3. Can Warlock join aspect warrior squads in anyway?

4. Does the Wraithnight have and iv save at all or fnp (I can see posion owing this thing if not)? lol. 20 h-gaunts with posion, on the charge couldn't reach its knee, but could destroy it lol.
post #545 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 08:47 PM

Based on the stuff you didn't read on page 51-52
1. Not clear yet on extra shot. No points change for standard unit before exarch and upgrades
2. Yes. some went up, some went down.
3. Only Guardians, Storm Guardians, Support Platforms, Windriders (Guardian Jetbikes).
4. Wraithknight will have an invl. Upgrade/swap. Only on the CC version and the Suncannon version. No Heavy Wraithcannon + Invl. it looks like.

post #546 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 09:20 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creon View Post
I think your math is off here... You still need 6s to hit in overwatch. Then roll 6s to wound for AP2 (if I read bladestorm correctly, it's just a castrated form of rending). So 40 shots will yield 7 or so hits. Of wich 1 can be expected to be AP2...

I think guardians still are the worst troops in the game now. They are still shit sandwiches... just not soggy ones anymore.

They are going to suffer form the same thing they do now: 1 shot round of actual shooting, maybe two... and then ground into a bloody pulp if that damage wasn't adequate. Completely insane when you consider the eldar background.

Mind you, those guardians will move pretty fast across the board with their rules... but at 9 points a model, I expect to see a bit more combat capability then I'm seeing now. Giving your soldiers very short ranged guns and expecting them to "run as fast as possible and then shoot and hope the enemy is dead" seems cruel even for Russian WWII standards...

The combination of 4+ armor, 18" range and the new battlefocus/bladestorm weapons... now THAT will open some interesting options in firefights. But that'll be dire avengers. ;)

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!

Last edited by elmir; 05-29-13 at 09:25 PM.
post #547 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 09:30 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Guardians should be bad, they are a citizen militia, not a fighting force. One of the strangest things re fluff was why some of the most advanced tanks in the galaxy were being driven by militia!

9pts is just too high I think. They will still be used, heavy weapons are valuable, but I can't see them becoming the staple choice. The old guardians were always good with conceal as a bunker unit and I think thats where they'll stay

Can Warlocks no longer join wraithguard? That will be a shame and a big blow.
post #548 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 09:42 PM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Fluff wise guardians make sense. The while eldar army is meant to work in synergy with other units.

Why on earth would your guardians be in range to shoot and not have an aspect unit nearby to then charge the softened up enemy?

Path of the warrior (I think) has a brilliant moment where the striking scorpions were laying in wait, when the guardians unleashed a hail of shurikens they pounced and ate the enemies faces.

just keep calm, wait for the codex to be released, then complain all you want about the bad stuff... But remember guys, synergy! That will be your best friend. If you can't do it, go back to space marines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #549 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 09:50 PM

I kick synergy in the balls

post #550 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 09:53 PM

The Irish Commissar's Flag is: Ireland

Do we no yet if the warlock powers can stack yet. For example the lowering of armour saves. It would be funny to see terminators with a 4 plus or 5 plus save. :-P

6th Edition. 7th Edition

Eldar. Eldar
W14-D1-L4. W2-D0-L0

Imperial guard
W3-D2-L1

Space marine's
W0-D0-L0

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode