Eldar RUMORS - Page 54 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #531 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 05:59 PM

The Irish Commissar's Flag is: Ireland

Does anyone know if jetbikes are still troops

6th Edition. 7th Edition

Eldar. Eldar
W14-D1-L4. W2-D0-L0

Imperial guard
W3-D2-L1

Space marine's
W0-D0-L0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #532 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 06:04 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Fuck me sideways there's some nice combinations in there, assuming it's 100% accurate. 95pt ML3 Psykers with those disciplines are going to be nasty. Eldrad even more so, especially if he can cast the same power more than once.

Being able to JSJ with your entire army is hilarious - make sure you have plenty of terrain on your table!

Scorpions just became a useful combat unit - stealth and fleet are welcome additions for a mere 1pt per model, and assassinate combined with the claw means you should be winning most challenges. However melee as a tactic doesn't seem to work because we still have no assault transport.

D-Scythes seem to be a no-brainer for Wraithguard. Lose what, 4" of range and S10 but gain a flamer template? Yes please. Likewise the Flyer in FA - 160pts for 4 BS4 shots with Vector Dancer and possible vehicle upgrades? I'll take three, thanks.

However there are also some weird choices - why are Wraithlords even MORE expensive when they weren't competitive before? Why can Wave Serpents suddenly shoot their forcefields? 10pt increase on already overpriced Warlocks? Adding +1S to S6 monofilament weapons?

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #533 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 06:32 PM

the warlock bump in points is because of access to much more useful powers (Runes of Battle list). The Primaris (shrouded) is already better than the previous flat 5+ cover. Also the ability to heal wounds!? (ahem Wraithknight, Avatar, Wraithlord) yeah... that's going to get nasty very fast. Can only imagine A few Wraithknights jumping across the board backed by a seer council on bikes. One solid and QUICK anvil!

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo

Last edited by Desolatemm; 05-29-13 at 06:36 PM.

post #534 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 06:43 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Irish Commissar View Post
Does anyone know if jetbikes are still troops
Not to be rude, but did you even look at what was posted? There is a clear section that says "Troops" and then lists all the units that are Troops.

YES, Jetbikes are still troops, but now they are the "Windrider Jetbike Squadron" instead of the "Guardian Jetbike Squadron".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
Fuck me sideways there's some nice combinations in there, assuming it's 100% accurate. 95pt ML3 Psykers with those disciplines are going to be nasty. Eldrad even more so, especially if he can cast the same power more than once.
Eldrad should still be nasty regardless, but yeah Psykers have a lot going for them. I like that we have buffing powers all over the place to boot.

Quote:
Being able to JSJ with your entire army is hilarious - make sure you have plenty of terrain on your table!
Not -quite- JSJ as it's a D6 in the run phase (because you're running), but yeah, it's got potential, even if it's just getting closer the enemy.

Quote:
Scorpions just became a useful combat unit - stealth and fleet are welcome additions for a mere 1pt per model, and assassinate combined with the claw means you should be winning most challenges. However melee as a tactic doesn't seem to work because we still have no assault transport.
Don't forget that it's an I6 Powerfist to boot. Scorpions don't rely on a transport to get across the board traditionally, relying on Infiltrating instead. Adding in all their bonuses (Move Through Cover, Infiltrate, Fleet) they could potentially be in combat by turn 2 (or the end of turn 1 if you go second). 18" from an enemy, or 12" from them if they can't see you? That's completely in charge range if you want it to be.

Quote:
D-Scythes seem to be a no-brainer for Wraithguard. Lose what, 4" of range and S10 but gain a flamer template? Yes please. Likewise the Flyer in FA - 160pts for 4 BS4 shots with Vector Dancer and possible vehicle upgrades? I'll take three, thanks.
The only other downside to the D-scythes is that it can be a pain to arrange everyone to cleanly get a shot with no overlap. But that hardly matters when Wall of Death is concerned.

Quote:
However there are also some weird choices - why are Wraithlords even MORE expensive when they weren't competitive before? Why can Wave Serpents suddenly shoot their forcefields? 10pt increase on already overpriced Warlocks? Adding +1S to S6 monofilament weapons?
Standard weapons coming packaged in, and the loss of Wraithsight come to mind as the most obvious reasons for the Wraithlord points increase. He used to come with no weapons save for what you paid for, now has 2 Shuriken Catapults standard.

Serpent Fields were a thing from Epic. They just brought it into regular 40k is all.

While Warlocks are more costly something to consider is they don't take an FOC, you can roll for their powers -then- attach them to the units you want, and they now provide a psychic defense for units as well by improving their Deny the Witch rolls.

That's S7 against things I3 or less (Monstrous Creatures, some walkers) or things without an Initative value. That makes them S7 against vehicles. Warp Spiders just became S7 Rapid Firing Tank Hunters.
post #535 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Standard weapons coming packaged in, and the loss of Wraithsight come to mind as the most obvious reasons for the Wraithlord points increase. He used to come with no weapons save for what you paid for, now has 2 Shuriken Catapults standard.
Shuriken Catapults were always free... I initially thought it said Shuriken Cannons which would have made sense. I think the exclusion of Wraith Sight and taking a flat 2 heavy weapons (not 1 twin-linked if the same?) makes them more reliable. But S8 now? Seems like it should have been pretty equal trade, not requiring a points increase... All the more reason to ditch and take a Wraithknight! (oh, I see what they did there...)

Last edited by Desolatemm; 05-29-13 at 07:01 PM.
post #536 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 07:09 PM
Digg40k's Flag is: United Kingdom

All in all I'm very excited for the new codex!

So many changes which make so many things viable now.
post #537 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 07:10 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolatemm View Post
Shuriken Catapults were always free... I initially thought it said Shuriken Cannons which would have made sense. I think the exclusion of Wraith Sight and taking a flat 2 heavy weapons (not 1 twin-linked if the same?) makes them more reliable. But S8 now? Seems like it should have been pretty equal trade, not requiring a points increase... All the more reason to ditch and take a Wraithknight! (oh, I see what they did there...)
S9 if you take the Ghostglaive. S10 if you Smash. He also has 3 attacks base instead of 2, can't accidentally turn into an complete lampost in combat.

And seeing as ungodly expensive the Wraithknight is (hint, if you do the math he's 240 points -base-) I don't see anyone taking 3 in a game. Or even 2 below 2K.

Maybe playtesting resulting in a feeling that the Wraithknight was just too cheap anymore? I don't know. Even at his new points cost he still seems like a good deal to me at least.
post #538 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 07:20 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

He also gained an additional attack as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he gains at least 1 special weapon as standard either. If he comes standard with cannon or sword the point increase is only +20. Seems reasonable to me. (I always felt the WL was a bit undercost)

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)
post #539 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 07:21 PM

ah yeah guys. im back from work and post that stuff.

so here is the missing link:

banshee mask: a unit assaulted by models with with banshee masks has -5 initiative. (min 1)

eldar jetibke: a unit with eldar jetbike has a 3+ armor save with twin linked shuricen catapults. (no T increase)

ghost helm: when suffering a perils of the warp the user can sacrifice a unspend warpcharge to ignore the wound

harlequin belt: units do not get slowed by terrain

khaindar targeting: enemys dont get jink saves against shooting from units with khaindartargetting

power shield : 4+ invul

falcon wings: a unit with this upgrade counts as jump infantry.

falcon grenade launcher:
if a unit deepstrikes and has no mishap (lol) can one model can use a special shooting attack in its movement phase. after firing the grenade launcehr the unit may still shoot in the shooting phase, if possible the unit has to fire on the same target:

24" s 4 ap 4 assault 1 ignores cover, grenade shower

grenade shower: no line of sight needed. if the unit has at least 6 falcon grenade launchers it is a larg blast template. if there are less grenade launchers in the unit it is a small blast instead.

mandiblaster: a modell with mandiblasters automatically causes a s 3 hit at initiative 10. wich cannot be modified by any means. in a challenge this has to go against the challenger.

flickerfield: 5+

scatterfield: 5+ invul. if the model passes a invulnerable save all units (friend and foe) within 6" that are not locked in close combat are counted as having been hit by a weapon with the blending special rule. a unit that passes the test once, is for the remainder of that phase immune to blinding.

acrobatics: from banshees grants +3" on the run move. if the unit consists entirely of banshees.

Last edited by Souba; 05-29-13 at 07:24 PM.
post #540 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 07:22 PM

Does he have the option to take the Ghostglaive without sacrificing a heavy weapon? Also begins to make more sense with the +1A, I didn't see that...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode