Eldar RUMORS - Page 53 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #521 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 03:27 PM

The only hard decision now is which HQ to take for a wraith army. It looks even more difficult than before with the requirement of a SpiritSeer HQ for a wraith army. This means I have to choose between another Psycher (Farseer, Eldrad) or the Wraithseer and stick with the theme. I feel like those powers will be extremely useful for a wraith-heavy army, but the Wraithseer fits so well... damn, that's going to be a REALLY tough choice

Well, if I swap the Wraithseer for a Spiritseer, I will probably have more than enough points to upgrade a Wraithlord into a Wraithknight. The points saved on the Wraithguard will pay for the points increase on the Wraithlords.

Those psychic powers are making my spine tingle!

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #522 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 04:37 PM

Zerodyme619's Flag is: Germany

I just got the new Codex.
Really liking the design. And it's surprising how much better some of the old pictures/drawings look in colour ^^
And since some people have been claiming the oposite (especially on /tg/ 's original thread): Yriel is in the book, you do not have to wait for the Iyanden supplement if you just want to use the little prince.

Contrary to popular opinion, the plural of 'anecdote' is not 'fact'.

All generalizations are false.
post #523 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 04:40 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Isn't the 6th ed book nicknamed the "yellow one"?

*edit: must refresh page more often...*

Also! Vectored engines will be sort of funny for tanks using a turret mounted weapon and a signel acces point on the rear. Let's hope it doesn't cost TOO much. The serpent going up in points isn't exactly what I was expecting :s

Also... Guardians at 9 points, but getting a castrated form of rending to compensate and +1WS/BS. I fear that might not make them come of the shelves just yet. Even with the battlefocus.

It is a lot more interesting for the dire avengers if they stay at the same cost though...

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!

Last edited by elmir; 05-29-13 at 04:44 PM.

post #524 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 04:52 PM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

This will be very exciting to try out on the battle board! I just hoped there would be a wargear that allowed psykers to cast spells from within vehicles.

I am also leaning more to buy a unit of wraithguard/wraithblades and ditch my plan of adding dragons. hmmm... might just stick Fuegan with Wraithconstucts instead, might be epic with his fireaxe along all those ghostaxes! Just have to wait and see.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #525 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 05:12 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodyme619 View Post
I just got the new Codex.
Really liking the design. And it's surprising how much better some of the old pictures/drawings look in colour ^^
And since some people have been claiming the oposite (especially on /tg/ 's original thread): Yriel is in the book, you do not have to wait for the Iyanden supplement if you just want to use the little prince.
Oh I know, he's in the HQ section with all we were given at the time.
post #526 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 05:16 PM

Dragons will still be viable for the transport capacity of Falcons and are also much cheaper. Wraithguard are only slightly cheaper than they were previously, but serpents are now more expensive so the idea of running them is still the same points sinkhole. The only exception is that those 5 wraithguard in a serpent can be troops and get across the board to score without having to foot-slog. I can still see a dedicated unit of fire dragons in a falcon like before. Especially with stealth (that would make a 3+ cover after moving flat-out?)

Also, do we have any idea what Eldar Missile Launchers are going to have access to the Skyfire missile?

post #527 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 05:34 PM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolatemm View Post
Dragons will still be viable for the transport capacity of Falcons and are also much cheaper. Wraithguard are only slightly cheaper than they were previously, but serpents are now more expensive so the idea of running them is still the same points sinkhole. The only exception is that those 5 wraithguard in a serpent can be troops and get across the board to score without having to foot-slog. I can still see a dedicated unit of fire dragons in a falcon like before. Especially with stealth (that would make a 3+ cover after moving flat-out?)

Also, do we have any idea what Eldar Missile Launchers are going to have access to the Skyfire missile?
Wave Serpents got a points increase because they can negate being exploded on a 2+ and got a 70" ranged weapon that is pinning and ignores cover (anti-sniper weapon?) on top of it.

Some of the points increases are because things are coming standard with weapons now (like the Weapons Platform, it went up the cost of the Spinerrete Cannon upgrade from 4th), so these things are factored into the cost.

As for the EML, the only things that have it that I'm aware of for the moment are the things listed in their options in the big list I did. So not that many really.
post #528 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 05:41 PM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmir View Post
Isn't the 6th ed book nicknamed the "yellow one"?

*edit: must refresh page more often...*

Also! Vectored engines will be sort of funny for tanks using a turret mounted weapon and a signel acces point on the rear. Let's hope it doesn't cost TOO much. The serpent going up in points isn't exactly what I was expecting :s

Also... Guardians at 9 points, but getting a castrated form of rending to compensate and +1WS/BS. I fear that might not make them come of the shelves just yet. Even with the battlefocus.

It is a lot more interesting for the dire avengers if they stay at the same cost though...
I wouldn't say it's the castrated form of rending, as the only thing it doesn't work on is vehicles. Guardians aren't exactly front line fighters. They're the guys who hang back, maybe 20 deep, with 2 Support Weapon Platforms, holding an objective somewhere inside of your deployment zone. They're cheap, better fighters than they used to be, and come standard with grenades now (that's a big plus!). The new Bladestorm rule means that they'll be able to wound anything that gets too close, to include that Tervigon with Iron Arm.

Dire Avengers likely stayed the same because they lost their extra shot ability from the looks of things, so the changes balance out.
post #529 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 05:45 PM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriouce View Post
This will be very exciting to try out on the battle board! I just hoped there would be a wargear that allowed psykers to cast spells from within vehicles.

I am also leaning more to buy a unit of wraithguard/wraithblades and ditch my plan of adding dragons. hmmm... might just stick Fuegan with Wraithconstucts instead, might be epic with his fireaxe along all those ghostaxes! Just have to wait and see.
Yeah, the Firedragons have some comepetion with those Wraithsguard. Especially since it looks like the D-scythe (a template weapon) can auto-pen vehicles. Also it auto-wounds on a 6. I think we found competition for the Burna Boyz for units not to charge there.

As for the psychic powers, since they're so clearly defined in how they work in regards to vehicles it doesn't surprise me that they didn't get the ability to work around the rules like that.

I'm just hoping we'll be surprised and find out the Wave Serpent or the Falcon is an Assault Vehicle.
post #530 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Wave Serpents got a points increase because they can negate being exploded on a 2+ and got a 70" ranged weapon that is pinning and ignores cover (anti-sniper weapon?) on top of it.
It will be interesting to see which is more survivable for fast transportation. a 3+ to avoid any shooting attack (from the falcon moving flat-out with stealth) or forcing your opponent to glance the skimmer to death and still have a 4+ while moving flat-out... It is looking pretty good for the Serpent. The Falcons will become a good firing platform with a scatter laser now that it can move cruising speed and fire it's primary weapons. Will the "twin-linked" ability apply to all scatter lasers? For instance a falcon with a scatter laser can make its pulse laser twin linked. Or a war walker with a scatter laser can make its other weapon twin linked.

Quote:
Some of the points increases are because things are coming standard with weapons now (like the Weapons Platform, it went up the cost of the Spinerrete Cannon upgrade from 4th), so these things are factored into the cost.
Yeah, they all make sense.

Quote:
As for the EML, the only things that have it that I'm aware of for the moment are the things listed in their options in the big list I did. So not that many really.
The War Walkers is all I saw from your list... hmmm...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode