Eldar RUMORS - Page 36 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #351 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 03:47 PM

Do you guys think "Ancient Foe" refers to Slaanesh or Necrons?

I would think Necrons would be the ancient foe, seeing how they were enemies long before the Eye of Terror event

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo

Last edited by Desolatemm; 05-22-13 at 04:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #352 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 04:02 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolatemm View Post
Do you guys think "Ancient Foe" refers to Slaanesh or Necrons?
I've been hearing Slaanesh, which makes sense because fluff wise the Eldar have largely forgotten about the Necrons.
post #353 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen.w.langdon View Post
WOW Just a heads up guys and gals

A third party complained to Facebook about me posting pictures of Eldar on some groups and I have been given a warning not to do it again, and they have been removed :-(

Sounds like GW are being very proactive again, don't want this fourm to get into trouble over this, so not sure if it is worth getting rid of the pictures or just waiting to see what happens
As long as we dont host the files GW usually lets us be. We have received takedown requests in the past though.

Think of it as the "I know a guy who knows a guy legal dilemma", it's not illegal to tell someone where they can buy something that is illegal (drugs, weapons, prostitutes) but if you are the one selling it to them you are committing a crime. So as long as we link to pictures not hosted here we aren't actually breaking any laws, GW just likes to send C&D letters around as scare tactics rather than actually knowing the law.

Also I'm very surprised over the knight and battleforce price in Australia

US: $115 and $115
UK: Knight is said to be 70 but current battleforce is 65, but I guess they will increase the price to 70?

AUD prices:
$125 Wraithknight
$185 battleforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
I've been hearing Slaanesh, which makes sense because fluff wise the Eldar have largely forgotten about the Necrons.
I would have guess Necrons because to me Ancient sounds like a long forgotten enemy, or any enemy fought a very long time ago. Afaik the "war" against Slaanesh has never ended as the Eldar save their spirits in stones or such to protect themselves from Slaanesh.
I'm not that interested in Eldar so I dont knot the Eldar fluff that well, I know the Necron and Dark Eldar fluff allot better.

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 05-22-13 at 04:13 PM.

post #354 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
I would have guess Necrons because to me Ancient sounds like a long forgotten enemy, or any enemy fought a very long time ago. Afaik the "war" against Slaanesh has never ended as the Eldar save their spirits in stones or such to protect themselves from Slaanesh.
I agree. The Eldar helped fight against the C'tan and Necrons very early on in the universe. The Fall of the Eldar and the battle against Slaanesh is relatively new in comparison. Of course this is just our interpretation of the term "Ancient" Foe.

One source mentioned it was unlikely to be Necrons because it was Necrons vs Eldar in the battle-report. My thought, on the other hand, is that this would give more credibility to the Necrons as the Ancient Foe and the battle report was a show-case for this rivalry.

Also,
2/3 Wraithknight poses officially SUCK

and will old Wraithguard need to be modeled on large bases now?

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo

Last edited by Desolatemm; 05-22-13 at 04:54 PM.
post #355 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 04:58 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Do bear in mind, it is not uncommon at all for GW to change the fluff. Necron fluff is a prime example of this.
post #356 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 07:16 PM

I prefer not to think about the Necron's fluff as changing, so much as the Imperial guys that wrote the book before were just flat out wrong. They have since be punished, killed, punished again, and replaced.
post #357 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 07:58 PM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
Do bear in mind, it is not uncommon at all for GW to change the fluff. Necron fluff is a prime example of this.
Necron fluff is where that idea was coming from in the first place.
post #358 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 08:17 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Eldar's ancient enemy will be chaos. To cite DoW "Vile servants of Chaos approach, the great enemy" "Our ancient war against chaos continues"

The whole eldar way of life (ie the path system) is a direct response to chaos rather than the wars against the necrontyr.

To the eldar chaos is the great enemy that must be bested or the universe will die. Its cited in pretty much every source that they have done more than any other race to stop it

The Necrons Wars haven't been forgotten but it seems the eldar response to them is watch over the tomb worlds to try to stop them coming online, but otherwise use non eldar to fight them large scale. They know they (Maybe no one) can't fight the necron on an even keel should they all awaken
post #359 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 08:25 PM
Token Trans Mod

From 40k Global:

Quote:
New Eldar Codex, ahoy!

With the new Eldar Codex yuo can do what....? Alledgedly!
\'Like\' and read on...

Runes of Warding:

Now adds +2 to your deny the witch role. Well if this is true what a huge difference we will see to the game. No longer will people be able to ally in a cheap anti-psyker that completely ruins your opponents chances of casting. Expect to see a rise in Monstrous creature heavy builds as well as tzeentch&aofc;horrors. The rune priest will firmly become King of the anti psyker.
&nzc;nbsp;
Ancient Doom:

Eldar models suffer -1LD to all fear tests against daemons of slaanesh but pick up hatred against&aofc;such units. Could the Fear rule actually become useful for once
&nzc;nbsp;
Holo Fields:

hmmm vehicles that move with this upgrade gaining an additional point onto their cover save is nice and would bring this old favourite back onto the battlefield for sure...
&nzc;nbsp;
Targetter Weapons:

A new type of weapon system for the eldar added to Scatter lasers amongst others. A model fires this weapon first and if it causes at least one hit, then other weapons fired by the same model become twin linked! Warwalkers just got ouchy, and without the need for guide! How would you use this one?
Interesting if true...
post #360 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 08:30 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolatemm View Post
Also,
2/3 Wraithknight poses officially SUCK
I agree. If you browse through the pictures there are some nice looking WKnight poses, like this one running at the camera with sword poised to strike:

but like you said most of the WK poses are pure ass. The one in the army photo you linked looks like it is about to fall over backwards...all it would have taken is to tile the torso forward slightly to make it look kind of cool stepping on the debris, but no it is posed in mid "I've fallen and I can't get up" pose.

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode