Eldar RUMORS - Page 29 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #281 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 06:44 AM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

New guestimate at UK pricing time. Assues things are staying constant like books

Codex 30
Ilyanden 30
Wraithknight 70 - Hate to say I told you so!
Wraithguard 30
Fighter 40
Dire Avengers 20 (Buy now if you can!!!)
Battle force 70
Jetbikes 25
Psychic 4.50
Eldar Spiritseer 12
Eldar Illic Nightspear 12

Non Eldar
Destroyers 30
Scout bikes 25
Bikes 25
CSM 25
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 10:10 AM

Pandawithissues...'s Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
-The Iyanden supplement is not a splash release, and will be normally available. Iyanden is strictly a fluff book, and contains no game rules. The rules to play a themed Iyanden army are found completely in Codex: Eldar. This is a move to appease people who want more fluff in books as well as people who would rather just have more game content with the fluff optional. This is an experiment in seeing how this works-- if it does well, expect Games Workshop to continue with the release of "chapter-specific" fluff supplements for their Codex releases.
This seems like an odd choice to try this with, and I hope they tempered their expectations, especially at the predicted price point.

You'd have thought if they were going to try it, it would be with one of the Chaos Legions or something, rather than the oddly specific Iyanden. Are Iyanden armies the most popular of the Eldar? I'd have thought not with all that yellow, and the focus on wraithguard over other, sexier stuff. Maybe they're predicting the new models/rules will favour wraith-heavy armies and encourage people to buy the book? I don't know.

Seems like it could easily go the way of
'Well we gave you extra fluff, and no one bought it! Won't do that again!'
Everyone else 'It wasn't the fluff we wanted, morons!'

Death magnetic: 5 slabs of vinyl: Pure spinning ecstasy.
post #283 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 11:07 AM

Powerguy from dakkadakka

Quote:
Got a sneak peek of the White Dwarf today, managed to dig out some actual rules from the battle report, preview teasers and a couple of tiny pages from the codex that were printed in the WD that I managed to read. Not many stats on offer but still a reasonable chunk of rules. I'm probably mis-remembering the names of some of these rules but here is what I picked up in no particular order:

- From what I saw all the non Wraith infantry have the run/shoot shoot/run ability (the rule was called Battle something). Avengers definitely do (from the report) and Rangers definitely do (from tiny printed profile in the WD) as well. Not sure if its just for Shuriken weapons (Rangers do have Pistols I guess).

- It looks likes all Eldar have the 'Ancient Foe' special rule, no idea what this does but I suspect its something like Hatred Daemons of Slaneesh (don't think it was Necron related as the report was against Crons) since all Eldar appear to have it (including the Wraith units).

- There are 14 Eldar specific psychic powers from 2 different charts, Runes of Battle and Runes of Fate. However it looks like several of the powers are 2 in 1, i.e they have a buff mode and a debuff mode, so there are actually HEAPS of powers. I.e the Primaris for Battle is Conceal/Reveal (as a single card/roll etc), Conceal gives you Shrouded and Reveal removes Shrouded from an enemy. The 1 on the Battle Chart was Destructor/Renew(?), Destructor being the same as before with Soul Blaze added and Renew allowing you to restore a wound to a friendy model within range (18" I think). Primaris for Runes of Fate was Guide, which is now 24" range but is otherwise the exact same as before. Very surprising to see this as aside from the range it is far worse than the Divination Primaris (although I guess you could take both and effectively Guide two units). The 1 on the Fate Chart was a terrible Focuses Witchfire power. Fortune and Doom are still options (the Farseer in the report had them) and appear to have the same effects.

- The Avatar has Fleet. Also one of the psychic powers increases your movement speed/charge range somehow

- The Wraithknight is insanely huge, it is literally twice the height of a Wraithlord, and the sword option it can take is basically the size of a Wraithlord as well. It can take up to 2 Suncannons, which are S6 AP2 Heavy 3 Small Blast or up to 2 Wraithlances(?) which are presumably the heavy anti tank option. Sword replaces one of the big guns I think (they are arm mounted like the Titans). This is in addition to the two shoulder mounted heavy weapons (I saw Scatters and Starcannons, so presumably the normal range of heavy weapons are available)

- Wraithguard and Wraithblades look good, think scaled down Wraithlords. They looked a bit bigger than the old ones, but I think it was partly just the added range of motion in the poses on 40mm bases (similar to the old 25mm base Terminators vs the newer 40mm base ones, they are bigger but the better poses help as well). Wraithguard can now get either Wraithcannons (which from the fluff descriptions seemed to still be single shot and very powerful) or D Scythes which were described as a multi shot weapon but it could still Pen vehicles on a 6. Wraithblades are only 1A base (sadly) but looked like they could go either 2 CCW (no idea on stats of their weapons, but they appeared to have sword/axe options) or 1 CCW + Shield gen arm.

- Wraithguard are definitely S5 T6, Lord is almost certainly not T6 (a full unit of Destroyers shot one in the report and did nothing, which suggests T8 or some other equivalent buff). No idea on the stats for the Knight.

- It looks like Aspect Warriors have the same base profile, include Exarches with Ld9

- Reapers have Slow and Purposeful

- Rangers have WS4. They also have a character (not sure if he is upgrade or HQ) who has a 120" range Sniper Rifle.

- One of the fliers has 2 Heavy D Scythes on the wings and a psychic based main gun. The other has 2 Bright Lances and a Pulse Laser.

- Saw stats for what looked like special weapons for characters, might have been for Special Characters as well since the 120" range sniper was in there. One weapon was +2S, AP- Melee, Rending, Fleshbane, Instant Death. Another was +1S AP3, Soul Blaze, and if you killed anything with Soul Blaze then every unit within 6" of that unit would become effected by Soul Blaze as well. There was also a one use only piece of wargear, which you could use when the character died. On a 2+ you place a S4 AP3 template over the character, hitting both friend and foe, but if you cause at least 1 wound then the character stands back up with 1 wound. Last one I saw was an item which gave the user Fearless, Shrouded, Stealth and re-roll cover saves but they lose the IC rule, which gives people a way to make a Solitare (the name was something to do with the Laughing God).

Last edited by Zion; 05-21-13 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Spaced it out for easier reading

post #284 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 11:29 AM
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Metil View Post
The other has 2 Bright Lances and a Pulse Laser.
Ok, so why would anyone every use a Phoenix or Nightwing ever again?

I am predicting some serious re-write of the old Eldar flyers in apocalypse 6th ed if this is true (and there is no reason to not believe it). As they look even more sub par at this point "chasing shadows" aside.
post #285 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 01:29 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

just found these

99800104028 501192104830-4 - ELDAR AUTARCH ON JETBIKE UPGRADE KIT Finecast Clam 25-May-13 1-Jun-13 D Range 21.75 19.25
60040104003 978178253027-5 - CODEX: ELDAR LIMITED EDITION Other Book 25-May-13 1-Jun-13 D AWSL 120 100
60030104006 978178253107-4 - IYANDEN: A CODEX ELDAR SUPPLEMENT Codex/Army Book 15-Jun-13 15-Jun-13 D Range 59.5 49.5
60040104004 978178253113-5 - IYANDEN CODEX SUPPLEMENT SPECIAL EDITION Other Book 15-Jun-13 15-Jun-13 D AWSL 100 8

so we get a limited edition codex and a limted edition Iyanden supplement, now im happy with that if the book has extra rules or example army lists, ahhh fuck it who am i kidding i will be buying the damn thing anyway cos im an eldar player!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #286 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
ahhh fuck it who am i kidding i will be buying the damn thing anyway cos im an eldar player!
hooah!

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo
post #287 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 01:58 PM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

has there been any pics the new wraithguad?
post #288 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 02:00 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Very much heartened by the inclusion of Jetbikes into that list of new kits. If the Wraithguard are 1A base and need to lose a CCW in order to have an invulnerable, then they're the new Lychguard i.e. awful.

However the stats on the Knight are promising (3++, Heavy 3 small blast S6 AP2) and the Flyer, if indeed pumping out 4 S8 AP2 shots, could very well be the new premier anti-air unit provided it has holofields of some kind to make it survivable and is BS4.

Lifted my spirits slightly, which is good, however it will end up costing me lots of money which is bad! :lol:

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #289 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 02:03 PM

coke123's Flag is: Australia

This release is going to be so awesome. So glad I didn't spend money on Tau!

"Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad."

Also known as BaselessElm
post #290 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 02:19 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
Very much heartened by the inclusion of Jetbikes into that list of new kits. If the Wraithguard are 1A base and need to lose a CCW in order to have an invulnerable, then they're the new Lychguard i.e. awful.

However the stats on the Knight are promising (3++, Heavy 3 small blast S6 AP2) and the Flyer, if indeed pumping out 4 S8 AP2 shots, could very well be the new premier anti-air unit provided it has holofields of some kind to make it survivable and is BS4.

Lifted my spirits slightly, which is good, however it will end up costing me lots of money which is bad! :lol:
You're actually going to hate me a little bit for this then: the bikes are currently rumoured to be a reboxing. I expect new bike models to be an eventual wave release, perhaps after the aspects.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode