Eldar RUMORS - Page 25 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 06:25 PM

I would expect that you could buy the DA box until the main Codex release.

I was thinking aswell, that we haven't seen anything of Jetbikes or the rumoured Guardian double box, along with the plastic aspects. But seeing as we know that there is a Craftworld Iyanden companion book, and the units being released favour that configuration of army, could we see Jetbikes when Saim Hann is released, and Guardians with Ulthwé? Leaving the Aspects to be split between Alaitoc and Beil Tan?

Failing that, these supplements could just creep out as a foot note for the next few months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 06:39 PM
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

Words i have none . Why would they even down size a box.

I have always liked the trailers from becuase if your not a forum and you go to the GW website you will see that. Furthermore at least they doing something in the Media. Area.

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444

Last edited by revilo44; 05-20-13 at 07:21 PM.
post #243 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 07:08 PM

Pandawithissues...'s Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
So am I the only one who is massively underwhelmed by the walker? It looks like ass to me. Completely disproportionate, not smooth at all, and no grace to it. All they had to do was scale down a Phantom and give more options.
No, no you're not. Swing and a miss GW. Looks like shit. Especially disappointing compared to the Riptide which kept the stylistic feel of the Tau very nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
release details

snip

and there are no new plastic aspect warriors in this release.
So, as others have said, the bits people really wanted are missing.

When the news went up that the Eldar had been redone I got a bit sick in the pit of my stomach thinking that they might have been really nice, and I just bought a few Dark Eldar to paint last week.

Needn't have worried looking at this stuff. Immensely disappointing.

Death magnetic: 5 slabs of vinyl: Pure spinning ecstasy.

post #244 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 07:15 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

You know what pisses me off most about the trailer? Eldar aren't "Sons of Khaine" they're the children of Isha and Kurnous, taken from her by Asuryan to save them from the wrath of Khaine. At least get your own fucking fluff right!!

Not too happy with the release so far. Could indeed be "everything we never asked for" in the words of a previous post although it's too soon to tell for sure. We get an unasked-for Telion/Alith Anar copycat, a Supa-Walker we don't need or want, one of our troop choices almost doubles in monetary cost, and a pair of flyers that could be good (Heldrake precedent), playable (Tau) or god-awful (Dark Angels). The only seriously good news is plastic Wraithguard - it's a step forward, even if their rules suck.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #245 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 07:24 PM

The Aspect warriors would be the Sons of Khaine, as they represent an aspect of the God of War.

...which makes the (so far) lack of Aspect warriors in this release a bit daft.
post #246 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 07:53 PM

Pandawithissues...'s Flag is: England

The wraithguard models still hold up fairly well though, though I doubt anyone's complaining about making them plastic!

I understand why GW is pushing these large models, but for the love of squid, if they were going to do one for the Eldar, why the FUCK wasn't it the Avatar? It's always been too small, and needs a resculpt desperately. Always a centrepiece model and focal point in an Eldar army, so why not make it that way?

I just don't understand some of the design decisions being made here, at a basic level. Anyone can pick the holes in the eldar range:

The Grav tanks and vipers still hold up very well.
The wraithlord is an excellent model, and in many ways, I think the wraithguard still look pretty solid.
I don't like the war walkers much, but I can see why they'd keep the kits (tbh, I'd have removed them from the army completely before the new kits came out a few years ago, but whatever).
The guardians are ok.
The warlocks/farseers are ok.
The rangers are some of the nicest models GW has ever managed to produce.

Which takes us to the bad:

The jetbikes still date from second ed. They were shit when the first lot of Dark Eldar came out and showed a much nicer jetbike model. The newer DE reavers just blow this shit out of the water.

The weapon platforms still aren't very good. (And also probably should have been phased out. Like the war walkers, they just don't fit the mobile aesthetic).

Harlequins still look like shit, but they always will, since their motley aesthetic will never fit in with the look of the rest of the army. Personally that bothers me and I would never buy them, but I'm sure others aren't worried.

On to the aspect warriors:

The only ones that are passable are the Dark Reapers and Howling Banshees. The rest look really dated. The phoenix lords all date from 2nd ed and look like it. The plastic Dire Avengers aren't my cup of tea, but I doubt GW would be likely to change them any time soon.

Death magnetic: 5 slabs of vinyl: Pure spinning ecstasy.
post #247 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 07:56 PM

Haven't been here in a while, and now my army is coming out. I'm on the wall with the new "Wraithknight" I'll have to see it in-person before I can make a final decision. From what I can tell from the pictures, it looks horrible. Huge disappointment. Already have all the metal wraithguard I need to run a wraith-based army, although I will be interested in the "Wraithblades" from the new kit. The old metal models LOOK fine IMO, it just that price tag... I'm glad they will be plastic sets now, I just hope they don't butcher the sculpt...

I might eventually get 2 of the new flyers to replace my DE Razerwing conversions, but I'm happy with them so maybe i'll never upgrade to the new flyer models.

Since I have started playing my FW Corsair Eldar full-time, I guess I will just go along for the ride with the new Eldar. If I don't like it, I'll just run back to my Corsairs and stick out my tongue going "nee-ner nee-ner nee-ner"

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo

Last edited by Desolatemm; 05-20-13 at 08:16 PM.
post #248 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 08:10 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandawithissues... View Post
The wraithguard models still hold up fairly well though, though I doubt anyone's complaining about making them plastic!
Compare them in size to a modern Terminator - do they really look like a T6 model? The same toughness as a Trygon? They should be large based models, and thus need to be a lot bulkier and bigger.

Quote:
I understand why GW is pushing these large models, but for the love of squid, if they were going to do one for the Eldar, why the FUCK wasn't it the Avatar? It's always been too small, and needs a resculpt desperately. Always a centrepiece model and focal point in an Eldar army, so why not make it that way?
Damn right. Why invent something new when a revamp is so obviously needed to existing models?

Quote:
The Grav tanks and vipers still hold up very well.
The wraithlord is an excellent model, and in many ways, I think the wraithguard still look pretty solid.
I don't like the war walkers much, but I can see why they'd keep the kits (tbh, I'd have removed them from the army completely before the new kits came out a few years ago, but whatever).
The guardians are ok.
The warlocks/farseers are ok.
The rangers are some of the nicest models GW has ever managed to produce.
I'd disagree with you on the Walkers (which are fine to my eyes) and the Psykers - all of our HQ choices are looking very very dated compared to recent releases. They're small, 2 dimensional, and static in their poses. Compared to what GW is now capable of (plastic Chosen, the entire DE range, new Necrons) then every single character we have deserves a resculpt.

Quote:
The jetbikes still date from second ed. They were shit when the first lot of Dark Eldar came out and showed a much nicer jetbike model. The newer DE reavers just blow this shit out of the water.

The weapon platforms still aren't very good. (And also probably should have been phased out. Like the war walkers, they just don't fit the mobile aesthetic).
Agreed. Heavy Weapons should follow the precedent of the FW Corsairs and the jetbikes are some of the worst models currently on the shelves.

Quote:
The only ones that are passable are the Dark Reapers and Howling Banshees. The rest look really dated. The phoenix lords all date from 2nd ed and look like it. The plastic Dire Avengers aren't my cup of tea, but I doubt GW would be likely to change them any time soon.
I'm not a big fan of the current banshees or reapers, but frankly I'd let the entire aspect warrior range lie still for an edition if it meant new bikes, HQ choices and Wraithguard.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #249 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 08:14 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Faeit compiled a pre-order list:

Quote:
Eldar Release List: Up for Pre-Orders This Saturday

Here is a list of what is being released for the Eldar wave going live for pre-orders this Saturday. I do not yet see the prices, but I am sure that we will have them soon. Looks like my list is very much includes codex, Wraithknight and Flyer. Very cool.

Warhammer 40000: Codex Eldar104 page full colour,
hardback Warhammer 40,000 CodexContains New Artwork, Background and rules whilst showcasing the fantastic miniature range

Warhammer 40000: Eldar Wraithknight
This box contains a multipart plastic kit that makes one Eldar Wraithknight, this completely new Walker stands a massive 9 inches tall and can be constructed with a variety of armaments to fulfill a range of battlefield roles.

Warhammer 40000: Eldar Hemlock Wraithfighter/ Crimson Hunter
This box contains a multipart plastic kit that makes either a Hemlock Wraithfighter or a Crimson Hunter, both new Eldar Flyers. The Hemlock Wraithfighter is a Psychicly armed bomber designer to cause havoc among enemy troops while the Crimson Hunter is an all new aspect warrior class whom excel at aerial combat.

Warhammer 40000: Eldar Wraithguard/Wraithblades
This box contains a multipart plastic kit that makes either 5 Wraithguards previously only available in metal or 5 Wraithblades, a new type of deadly close combat warrior.

Warhammer 40000: Eldar Farseer
A plastic Clamp pack containing 1 Eldar Hero in a dynamic mid-casting posse.

Reformatted Warhammer 40000: Eldar Battle Force
Contains 10 Eldar Guardians and a Heavy Weapon Platform, 5 Dire Avengers (including the option of making an Exarch), a Wave Serpent and a Vyper Jetbike

Reformatted Warhammer 40000: Eldar Dire AvengersThe Dire Avengers squad has been repackaged as a five miniature boxed set (including the option of making an Exarch)

New Finecast ReleasesWarhammer 40000: Illic Nightspear· A clampack that contains one highly detailed Citadel Finecast resin miniature sculpted by Edgar Ramos. Illic Nightspear is an outcast who has become an deadly assassin armed with the sniper rifle Voidbringer.

Warhammer 40000: Eldar Spiritseer· A clampack that contains one highly detailed Citadel Finecast resin miniature sculpted by Mike Fores. Armed with a Witch Staff and spirit stone wearing a distinctive eyeless helm.Available While Stocks LastThese Items are highly limited, please request the quantity you require and we will supply you as close to this number as we can.

Warhammer 40,000 Psychic Cards: Eldar·This pack contains 14 reference cards that describe the effects of each of the Primaris Powers and the the six psychic powers available to each area of mastery
Note that the supplement is indeed NOT listed. Will it not be a pre-order, is the list incomplete or is it iPad only? We'll know for sure in a week!
post #250 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 08:31 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
Damn right. Why invent something new when a revamp is so obviously needed to existing models?
This seems to be the theme with new releases at the moment, CSM suffered the same crap with their release. People are crying out for plastic cult troops, a plastic kit for Oblits and resculpts for characters, especially Abaddon the despoiling midget. What we get is downs syndrome oblits and mutilators in failcast, a giant monkey dreadnought thing and the chicken from hell. Its nice to get new stuff but GW really need to start looking at how dated so much of their range is, for the producers of "the best toy soldiers in the world" its getting to be beyond a joke.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode