Eldar RUMORS - Page 22 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 01:22 AM

I think that riptide could be reangled and brought a tiny bit closer to even the base sizes. Then the wraith would lose just a bit of his comparative height. Also, Riptides could be modeled taller, especially flying, so the extra height isn't so bad.

Then again it could be a round base and be just around the same height.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 06:38 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

The wraithknight would need to be tall,dont forget the eldar invented tall ass walkers ,the wraithlord is already quite tall so this thing will need to be bigger by atleast a third,i recon its about eight inch tall.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #213 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 07:36 AM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

The rumours I've heard suggest that the new walker is 70 so lets hope its even bigger! Have to admit at that cost I won't be getting excited about the new releases, FW is becoming cheap in comparison!

Size wise I've heard just over 2 inches taller than a dreadknight

Hoping for plastic aspect warriors and jetbike warlocks and seers. no other army has most of its troops as finecast/ metal. (oh other than sisters but do they still count? )

post #214 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 08:19 AM
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
The rumours I've heard suggest that the new walker is 70 so lets hope its even bigger!
I am really torn on that price tag, on one hand it breaks the 50 mark which psycologically drives people away from it, on the other hand it brings it in line with the baneblade in price so is plausible.

To justify the 70 the kit needs to be pretty damned big, the size comparison with the tau walker suggests it is big, but not +20 big.

If it is 70 then it is likely on the higher end of the guesses/comparisons, it is not going to be bought by everyone, and will therefore have quite a bit of wow factor in an army - not every one is going to have one.

If it is 50 it is likely going to be comparable to the tau one (a couple of inches taller), more comonplace in armies, and fielded in triplicate in my apocalypse army.
post #215 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 08:26 AM
nice boy, daft though !

It wont be 70, it will be 50 same as the riptide,which i have to say is excessive for a two sprue kit in terms of whats in the box vs other boxes.The Flyer will be 40ish and as some lazy twat never bothered to snap the rest of the releases we dont know what the other releases are yet.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #216 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 10:03 AM
Facts + Reason = Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
as some lazy twat never bothered to snap the rest of the releases we dont know what the other releases are yet.
Yeah, I find it amusing that the camera was drawn to the new "toys" that were pretty much confirmed rather than the arguably more interesting "WTF are the aspects kits" question.
post #217 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 10:11 AM
nice boy, daft though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblematrix View Post
Yeah, I find it amusing that the camera was drawn to the new "toys" that were pretty much confirmed rather than the arguably more interesting "WTF are the aspects kits" question.
its just bad form, if your gonna take photos of the new releases and put them on line they should at lease have the common decency to take photos of anything that may have pointy ears !! Eldar generals like myself and bubble wait patiently for years for anything for our armies, least people who have WD already could do is give us something to cream ourselves with!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #218 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 10:52 AM
Facts + Reason = Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
could do is give us something to cream ourselves with!
To be honest, just the thought that Eldar are less than a month away gave me a hard-on, the picture of the new walker required a change of underwear and having the WD at the end of the month might just do my balls in.
post #219 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 12:01 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

So am I the only one who is massively underwhelmed by the walker? It looks like ass to me. Completely disproportionate, not smooth at all, and no grace to it. All they had to do was scale down a Phantom and give more options.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #220 of 643 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 12:16 PM
nice boy, daft though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
So am I the only one who is massively underwhelmed by the walker? It looks like ass to me. Completely disproportionate, not smooth at all, and no grace to it. All they had to do was scale down a Phantom and give more options.
yes, yes you are!

are you looking at the right model? the red one not the orange one, to be honest sethis, it looks alot like a scaled down phantom to me,its rocking some extra plates compared to its little buddy the wraithlord, but other than that its ticking pretty much all the eldar walker construct boxes for me!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode