I'm MadCowCrazy and I have a crack addiction... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-06-13, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Burning Depths of Hell
Posts: 2,452
Reputation: 11
Default I'm MadCowCrazy and I have a crack addiction...

So I bought a shelf the other day as I figured I'd sort out my boxes of unopened boxes. Problem is I rand out of space pretty quickly, at least I got all of my unopened boxes into the shelf, or I believe I have. I have about 20 boxes in my closet now that I think about it but still.

After I packed up most of it I realised I may just have a plastic crack addiction, I have a similar amount of models at the gaming club because I physically can't fit it at home. I have random sprues in boxes on my dog cage and more sprues in desk shelves and a bit here and there.

I took a picture of my new shelf, because the lighting in my apartment sucks it came out a bit blurry but it should give you a good impression of how much unopened stuff I have.

Yes, it's stacked in the back and front. My shelf is pretty big, you can put 2 vehicle boxes in front of another and they barely stick out of the shelf, and I mean top to bottom and not side by side.



I'm now starting to realised just how much of a problem I have, I'm collecting way more stuff that I will be able to paint in 10 years time. If I built and painted a kit every week it would take me way over 5 years to get it all done.

I dont even want to think about how much money I've spent on all this stuff


Any of you guys in a similar situation? I've been in the hobby since the start of 5E yet I dont have a single model fully painted yet. I have thousands of built and primed models but I just can't get myself to paint as I'm afraid to mess it up.

I definitely need to sell some of this stuff yet at the same time I feel I dont want to get rid of it. I think I have a serious hoarder problem building.

I collect all armies except for SM (though I have allot of kits I acquired when I started collecting), heck I'd say I have complete sets for most of the armies I collect. If it's in their codex I can put as many as the codex allows on the table... or I did until 2000pt dual force org came along...
Except for IG, you can put 22.000pts into a single troops choice, or was it if you maxed all slots, but I can field a pretty big IG army if it wasn't still in boxes.

Why I'm writing this? I dunno, guess I just wanna share my problems
MadCowCrazy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-06-13, 09:18 PM
Senior Member
 
normtheunsavoury's Avatar
normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rochester, Medway, Kent.
Posts: 5,116
Reputation: 44
Default

I sympathise with your problem and have just started the Norm Helps You Beat Your Addiction service, all you have to do is send me all your stuff, it really is that simple, send me your stuff and I guarantee I will cure your addiction to grey plastic crack!

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
normtheunsavoury is offline  
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-06-13, 09:19 PM
Rattlehead
 
MidnightSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Sheoth
Posts: 6,741
Reputation: 83
Default

You have too much stuff.

Guard can get 27000pts-ish from one FOC, I've got spreadsheets for SM, Tau and Guard for that.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
MidnightSun is offline  
 
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-06-13, 09:23 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
 
Tawa's Avatar
Tawa's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 8,723
Reputation: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
So I bought a shelf the other day as I figured I'd sort out my boxes of unopened boxes. Problem is I rand out of space pretty quickly, at least I got all of my unopened boxes into the shelf, or I believe I have. I have about 20 boxes in my closet now that I think about it but still.

After I packed up most of it I realised I may just have a plastic crack addiction, I have a similar amount of models at the gaming club because I physically can't fit it at home. I have random sprues in boxes on my dog cage and more sprues in desk shelves and a bit here and there.

I took a picture of my new shelf, because the lighting in my apartment sucks it came out a bit blurry but it should give you a good impression of how much unopened stuff I have.

Yes, it's stacked in the back and front. My shelf is pretty big, you can put 2 vehicle boxes in front of another and they barely stick out of the shelf, and I mean top to bottom and not side by side.



I'm now starting to realised just how much of a problem I have, I'm collecting way more stuff that I will be able to paint in 10 years time. If I built and painted a kit every week it would take me way over 5 years to get it all done.

I dont even want to think about how much money I've spent on all this stuff


Any of you guys in a similar situation? I've been in the hobby since the start of 5E yet I dont have a single model fully painted yet. I have thousands of built and primed models but I just can't get myself to paint as I'm afraid to mess it up.

I definitely need to sell some of this stuff yet at the same time I feel I dont want to get rid of it. I think I have a serious hoarder problem building.

I collect all armies except for SM (though I have allot of kits I acquired when I started collecting), heck I'd say I have complete sets for most of the armies I collect. If it's in their codex I can put as many as the codex allows on the table... or I did until 2000pt dual force org came along...
Except for IG, you can put 22.000pts into a single troops choice, or was it if you maxed all slots, but I can field a pretty big IG army if it wasn't still in boxes.

Why I'm writing this? I dunno, guess I just wanna share my problems
Aah, I feel much better about my backlog now. Cheers, MCC


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Tawa is offline  
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-06-13, 09:25 PM
Senior Member
 
normtheunsavoury's Avatar
normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rochester, Medway, Kent.
Posts: 5,116
Reputation: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Aah, I feel much better about my backlog now. Cheers, MCC
If you have also have a problem, I'm here to help!

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
normtheunsavoury is offline  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-06-13, 09:25 PM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
 
Battman's Avatar
Battman's Flag is: Australia
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 1,285
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
I sympathise with your problem and have just started the Norm Helps You Beat Your Addiction service, all you have to do is send me all your stuff, it really is that simple, send me your stuff and I guarantee I will cure your addiction to grey plastic crack!
Hahaha no send it to meee! :D I understand you compleatly I'm not quite that bad at the moment but saying that, my bits box is currently a battlewagon box and I'm needing a bigger one



Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
Battman is offline  
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-06-13, 09:27 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
 
Tawa's Avatar
Tawa's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 8,723
Reputation: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
If you have also have a problem, I'm here to help!
I'm presently fighting the urge to go and buy a StormPigeon and a pair StormTalons
And a metric fuckton of FW crack


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Tawa is offline  
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-06-13, 09:32 PM
Senior Member
 
LukeValantine's Avatar
LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Regina, Sask, Canada
Posts: 4,277
Reputation: 21
Default

My suggestion is get a friend to at least build one of you kits for you every 1-2 weeks then at the very least you will have a horde o assembled models and not just a bunch of random boxes.


Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
LukeValantine is offline  
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-06-13, 09:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Barnster's Avatar
Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 2,122
Reputation: 18
Default

Have to admit I'm in a similar boat, except I can't keep shiny wrappers on my stuff, that has to go, even if its just so I can look at the sprue.

I'm in the horde of assembled (and generally undercoated) models but that is harder to store

As such I invested in a shed, It was meant to be a hobby shed, turned out that I just filled it and its all used for storage

I have way too much, that said I'd trade it all for more
Barnster is offline  
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-06-13, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Burning Depths of Hell
Posts: 2,452
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battman View Post
Hahaha no send it to meee! :D I understand you compleatly I'm not quite that bad at the moment but saying that, my bits box is currently a battlewagon box and I'm needing a bigger one
See that big box at the bottom of the shelf? That is one of my bits boxes, that big box on top of my shelf? That's another bits box, I know my bits box is worth at least $2000 in bits as I was buying $200-500 worth of bits each month for 3 years straight. I have a few other bits boxes as well that are full of stuff.

It's good to know I'm not alone. If there was a service out there to whom I could send my kits and the only thing they would do is cut the models from the sprues and remove the mold lines. I've asked many painting services but they do not offer this service, they only do it as part of their painting commission.

I enjoy the building and converting part of the hobby, more than I do the playing (as Sisters of Battle are what I want to play but their "codex" is just pure fail). I've started painting my Necrons as they should be relatively easy to paint, then I see what other painters out there can do and I get stuck wanting to learn how they did it but they dont provide a tutorial so I just get depressed about it.

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 03-06-13 at 10:10 PM.
MadCowCrazy is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome