So, Death from the Skies - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-13, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Default So, Death from the Skies

I'm a little confused by Death From The Skies. It seems clear now that the new Flyer rules in there remove Deep Strike, alter/replace Skies of Blood and a few other tweaks.

However, GW say it contains 'new rules' for the flyers. My guess is that all it does is add things like Hull Points to the existing rules. I'm most interested in the Stormraven, though. We know it's now available to Ultramundanes and their ilk, as well as Black Templars, but have the rules changed significantly?

The simple question for anyone who has the book is this- can a BT or UM player now play the Stormraven straight out of Codex BA (with the FAQ modifications) or have they added some new missile type or rule that means they need Death From The Skies?

I'm not asking for anyone to actually tell us what those new rules might be, of course, just trying to work out if my Templar playing friend actually needs the book or not!

Armies and other stuff:
http://majere613.deviantart.com/
Short stories and writing:
http://thetheleniccurriculum.blogspot.co.uk/
My novel, The Wake of Manadar, on Kindle:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=1&*entries*=0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-13, 10:30 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majere613 View Post
I'm a little confused by Death From The Skies. It seems clear now that the new Flyer rules in there remove Deep Strike, alter/replace Skies of Blood and a few other tweaks.

However, GW say it contains 'new rules' for the flyers. My guess is that all it does is add things like Hull Points to the existing rules. I'm most interested in the Stormraven, though. We know it's now available to Ultramundanes and their ilk, as well as Black Templars, but have the rules changed significantly?

The simple question for anyone who has the book is this- can a BT or UM player now play the Stormraven straight out of Codex BA (with the FAQ modifications) or have they added some new missile type or rule that means they need Death From The Skies?

I'm not asking for anyone to actually tell us what those new rules might be, of course, just trying to work out if my Templar playing friend actually needs the book or not!
The book proper won't be shipped to GWs (if you have it shipped there) until the 23rd, and to everywhere else on the week of the 25th. It's direct order only as well so unless someone got a leaked copy, it ain't out yet.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-17-13, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
The book proper won't be shipped to GWs (if you have it shipped there) until the 23rd, and to everywhere else on the week of the 25th. It's direct order only as well so unless someone got a leaked copy, it ain't out yet.
Whoops, my mistake. Will have to indulge in some thread necromancy after the fact, then

Armies and other stuff:
http://majere613.deviantart.com/
Short stories and writing:
http://thetheleniccurriculum.blogspot.co.uk/
My novel, The Wake of Manadar, on Kindle:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=1&*entries*=0

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-13, 03:28 PM

That's not the case. It was never on pre-order and people do have them already, if they went to warhammer world and picked it up. They are actually sold out right now though, which is sort of absurd.

You can have your own opinion but you can't have your own facts.
Black Legion, Sisters WIP, Feudal IG WIP.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-13, 04:07 PM

fynn's Flag is: United Kingdom

just hads a look on the GW site, and its under new release's, andis showing as no longer avilable........lol

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-13, 06:10 PM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy View Post
That's not the case. It was never on pre-order and people do have them already, if they went to warhammer world and picked it up. They are actually sold out right now though, which is sort of absurd.
In the US you're limited to ordering it online and it won't be shipped out until the 23rd (if you're having it shipped to a GW) or the week of the 25th (if you're having it shipped to your home address). I found this out mostly due to the surprise of going to order and finding it as a pre-order despite it being listed as a new item.

So yeah, the UK are the only ones with this in hand at the moment then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fynn View Post
just hads a look on the GW site, and its under new release's, andis showing as no longer avilable........lol
I'm betting their only printing these in batches of a maybe a few thousand so they don't end up with a ridiculous number of them sitting on the shelves.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-13, 06:38 PM

Sothot's Flag is: Canada

I managed to snag one before it sold out. Looking forward to seeing it next weekend!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-13, 12:00 PM

tirnaog's Flag is: USA

I got a email from GW, here in the USA, that they shipped my copy on the 18th.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-13, 01:03 PM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirnaog View Post
I got a email from GW, here in the USA, that they shipped my copy on the 18th.
Same here. Looks like I misunderstood when it was coming out. My copy should (in theory) come in today.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-13, 07:48 PM

Kastle's Flag is: USA

Ok I am looking for a copy of this book anyone know where i can start looking for it??...

"When you get to heaven may the Devil be your judge.."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode