Unlikely Honour Roll - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Default Unlikely Honour Roll

Hello fellow Heretics!

Everyone has had some time when one model, against all odds and seemingly blessed by the dice gods, has caused WAY more damage than was to be expected by either you or your opponent. I want to hear those stories and what you've done to commemorate those soldiers! When I was younger, if a model did especially well against a friend's army I would ask for a head or some other fitting body part out of their spare bits to adorn my hero's base.

Most recently, I had a 10 man Assault squad drop pod RIGHT IN FRONT of a Vindicator, Forgefiend, Helbrute and a rhino embarked tactical squad. Despite losing the whole squad by the beginning of turn 3, the sergeant practically solely destroyed both the Helbrute and and Forgefiend. He even made it right to the edge of the objective before finally dying in the second round of a challenge against a fairly standard CSM sergeant. Of all the cover/armour saves to fail....

He will be getting a converted backpack to carry spare melta bombs and I figure once it's time to do the bases for my squads I'll put some slagged metal debris around his base...potentially with some heated effect to the edges to look like it was melta'd.

What's YOUR favourite story of (unlikely) awesome from games past?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 04:32 PM

Dragblud da scrunka's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ages ago Playing a game dropped in Kommandos that got its bum ripped out, Miraclously (spelling fail.) One was left, the one with the stikkbomb modelled on it, he ran across and was able to take out a 5-man SM squad pop its rhino . My opponent was so pissed he aimed all his force towards him while he was alive meaning the rest of my green tide was able to munch. He was shot at by 2 dev squads and 2 Normal bolter squads. Epic rolling on my part and such failure on my opponent, he then died from a nasty case of powerfists from the enemy captain SM man, He was godsmacked.

I just remebered this :B I think Im going to remodel him with a mazzive knife like
rambo...

The other was a wierdboy taking out 4 squads of Dark eldar that was impressive.

WAAAAGH Dragblud
W: 22 D: 6 L: 13

Space marines: Krakens Fury! (TBF)
W: 0 D: 0 L: 0
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 04:41 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

I had a Thunderwolf TH/SS Wolf Lord survive 3 turns of Broadsides, Crisis Suits, and Fire Warriors shooting at him as he charged across the board. He then tripped in CC and died :p

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragblud da scrunka View Post
I just remebered this :B I think Im going to remodel him with a mazzive knife like
rambo...
Nice! Big knives make sense for Orks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
He then tripped in CC and died :p
ha! Gotta love when you make every damn roll just to lose the one before you get to attack. Sometimes, those dice are just jokers.

Another time a buddy had a GK terminator on the 3rd level of a building while I had a Furioso at the bottom. The dude jumps down, survives the ridiculous impact test, flames my Furioso's rear armour and blows it up. Righteous landing in a ball of fire!!

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 04:57 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

The Tau player was close to rage quiting :p. Then he rolled a whole pile of 6's and I countered with a pile of 1's. Course by that point the rest of my army was in his face too.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 05:20 PM

my single necron warrior survived a volcano cannon blast and being attacked by a 10 man sm assault squad to die on a dangerous terrain test.

Big guns never tire
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 05:33 PM
Rattlehead

Dark Angels sergeant has killed a Painboy in a challenge with his Chainsword, tipping the combat (removing FnP from the Warboss was pretty huge) and running down the unit, he's won games by taking Objectives as the last man standing, he's blown holes in battle tanks with his Plasma Pistol, his armour scored from the hundreds of shots that have failed to do lasting damage, including Battle Cannons and Warscythes.

He's the man.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 05:44 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Dark Angels sergeant has killed a Painboy in a challenge with his Chainsword, tipping the combat (removing FnP from the Warboss was pretty huge) and running down the unit, he's won games by taking Objectives as the last man standing, he's blown holes in battle tanks with his Plasma Pistol, his armour scored from the hundreds of shots that have failed to do lasting damage, including Battle Cannons and Warscythes.

He's the man.

Midnight
He should be a Captain by now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 05:51 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
He should be a Captain by now!
What is this 'Captain' of which you speak? Is that some lowly mongrel's word for a proud Company Master? :p

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 06:05 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

My legendary Scout Squad. From the old DA codex, these bad boys tooled up with nothing more than bolt pistols and close combat weapons (sgt had a power sword), took down a fully tooled Carnifex back in 4th ed (back when those things were actually scary).

Oh, and maybe not quite so underdog, but my Whirlwind wiping an entire 12-man squad of Dire Avengers was pretty hilarious.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode