Unlikely Honour Roll - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-13, 09:04 AM

Lanfear's Flag is: Scotland

Chaos Marine lord of Khorne with Daemon weapon Axe of Blind fury runs all the way across the table shrugging off incoming fire from multiple squads and vehicles of Imperial Guard only to be piked in a challenge with a lowly Guard squad sgt who took his last two wounds from him with his chainsword. AAAAARRRRRRGH!!!
It did provide a laugh for all watching and I did see the funny side..........honest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-13, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

^ ha! It's good to remember it's just a game, eh?

My buddy didn't move his Daemon Prince up one game since he assumed he'd roll anything but snake eyes the first time he ever got to charge with the model.

Charge distance: 2". Distance to enemy model: 3".

I even offered to give it to him, but he conceded the charge out of respect for the dice despite how disappointed he was. The next turn my mindshackle scarab-toting overlord charged him and with some good (lucky as f*&k) rolls diced that sucka in half over a couple turns.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-13, 11:36 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Hmmmm... While were screwing over Daemon Princes.

The game comes down to the final turns and hangs in the balance. Horrific casualties on either side but neither Daemon nor Grey Knight has broken.

Castellan Crowe strides forth "We got this won you blokes" and charges the Daemon Prince contesting the "in the balance" objective. The first round of combat is inconclusive with Crowe giving and taking a single wound.

In the next CC phase Crowe doesn't use Hammerhand and is slain by the Prince in a single blow. The Prince stands there laughing over Crowe's corpse, Crowe casts his Psychic power "Heroic Sacrifice" and it all hinges on the single attack, all Crowe has to do is hit and the Daemon and he are both dead and the Grey Knights victorious !

I roll a 1

Nooooooo! , my mate and all the guys watching are laughing their heads off and shouting "Crowe Sucks ! Purifier Tax" etc

......... right up to the point where I say, rather quietly, "Preferred .... Enemy " re-roll, hit, die, win !

Crowe da man !

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-13, 12:01 PM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

Nothing that epic. I did however have a squad of my traitor guard stormtroopers dropped in during a game against chaos. I was getting my ass handed to me and the dp had started taking things apart. The shooting from the troopers on the dp did a wound or two but when he assaulted he diced the squad and had a single wound remaining, but for a lone meltagunner who punched out the dp in return. I was most impressed despite loosing badly.

From the other side of the table. During a chaos attack on my traitor guard gunline a rhino full of plague marines were shot out of their vehicle and took some heavy fire before their one remaining trooper made it into combat with a 30 man guard blob. Which he then proceded to beat in hth. They failed their leadership and he swept them up and killed them. In this scenario i had sustained attack so they came back on next turn. And the lone plague marine beat them again. So i shot him with a leman russ instead. But he did single handedly kill 60 guardsmen and got his points back.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-13, 12:06 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

"He killed 60 men so I shot him with an excessively large calibre cannon !"

How "Guard" is that !
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-13, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaantitus View Post
But he did single handedly kill 60 guardsmen and got his points back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
"Preferred .... Enemy "
Totally said that in a Dr. Evil voice in my mind.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-13, 09:40 PM

I had a unit of 5 Scourges deep strike on proceed destroy/kill a Leman Russ, an Infantry Squad, a Company Command Squad, and Yarrick. I believe they also contested an objective.

It was a good day to be an evil space elf with hollow bones.

"Atrocity is recognized as such by victim and predator alike, by all who learn about it at whatever remove. Atrocity has no excuses, no mitigating argument. Atrocity never balances or rectifies the past. Atrocity merely arms the future for more atrocity. It is self-perpetuating upon itself — a barbarous form of incest. Whoever commits atrocity also commits those future atrocities thus bred."

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted."

--Frank Herbert
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-03-13, 08:22 AM

returnoftheclown's Flag is: United Kingdom

The only story I have that comes close is the story of Jargo, the angry marine.

Last member of his squad armed with just a flamer. He killed a full squad of necron Deathmarks with his flamer, survived a volley of shots from a full warrior squad, managed to wound a wraith with overwatch which then failed its charge. He then killed the wraith with his flamer and proceeded to charge the other two, surviving two turns in an epic battle.

“Insane? You dare to claim that we are insane? I find this very amusing. You see, there is no such thing as sanity. Why? Because the nature of sanity depends on the context the term is used. A man living in squalor may call the rich man insane for wasting food, while the rich man in return may call the poor insane for living off his waste. You slaughter thousands and squander the resources of planets on foolish incursions to please a corpse and his corrupted followers. And you have the nerve to call me insane? Oh poor misguided individual, pray to whatever deity you serve and hope he is merciful, for those who find themselves trapped in the spiders web have little else they can do”

Lord Nerthro of the ‘Heralds of Absurdity’ to what remained of an Imperial scouting party

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode