Titans - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-12, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

Default Titans

So ive just been wondering who of you out there uses a titan/titans in a game....of course im mean Apoc games but also whenever you feel the fancy to lol. i my self have been toying with the idea of doing a warlord titan just for kicks and giggles haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-12, 03:57 AM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

I don't have a Titan, but I was given a free Baneblade the other week at my local GW.

I can't say I have any plans to expand on getting more or any titans as Apoc isn't something I play often at all.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-12, 04:27 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM21201 View Post
So ive just been wondering who of you out there uses a titan/titans in a game....of course im mean Apoc games but also whenever you feel the fancy to lol. i my self have been toying with the idea of doing a warlord titan just for kicks and giggles haha
I used to own both a Reaver and Warhound....Sold them due to people getting really pissed off if i brought them to apocalypse games........Plus they don't last long when 10 people only shoot at you

oh and my dog & cat found it fun to attack them -_-

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-12, 04:57 AM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkaellon View Post
I used to own both a Reaver and Warhound....Sold them due to people getting really pissed off if i brought them to apocalypse games........Plus they don't last long when 10 people only shoot at you

oh and my dog & cat found it fun to attack them -_-
If you are playing Apocalypse, they should expect things like those to show up...to me that's kinda what Apocalypse is about.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-12, 05:24 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
If you are playing Apocalypse, they should expect things like those to show up...to me that's kinda what Apocalypse is about.
Ya but no one expects them to show up at a GW mega-battle against a horde of ultramarines in order to end the game quickly so the staff doesn't go insane keeping kids in order. (My warhound stomped Calgar to death LOL)
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-12, 08:00 AM

yanlou's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well most kids think bringing a hoard of infantry with a few tanks constitutes a decent apoc force, they dont like it when people bring something bigger then them. I see alot of the bring Calgar to apoc games, and they think hes going to be awesome only to see him wiped out on the first turn, then the moaning starts lol.

I dont have a titan yet, but i do have a shadowsword, almost a titan lol, that remind me i must get some pics up on heresy.

Last edited by yanlou; 12-04-12 at 08:18 AM.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-12, 11:57 AM

I may not have a Titan... or a Shadowsword... but, I have a Terminus Ultra! That sucker is always fun in group games where its a 3 on 2 situation. Plus, if I had a Titan, especially of the Warhound variety, I would field as many as allowed.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-12, 12:08 PM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

Warhound(kitbash), Reaver(scratchbuilt) and a Khorne lord of battles(khorne demon engine of similar stature to a warhound. Third party model. Leviathan mortis). Yes we use them, several times in fact, good fun but they draw heaps of fire.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-12, 12:47 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Phantom titan, Revenant titan, Cobra, Scorpion, Lynx, Dragon Phoenix, and 3 Nightwings.

Boom goes the Imperial.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-12, 09:20 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
Indeed it is, although if you're opponent don't have the opportunity to also bring some big stuff of his own Apoc games can quickly become very one sided. So as much as you should expect big stuff, it is in no way necessary to make Apocalypse as fun as it is. Generally both sides should have an equal amount of big stuff (+ or - 1 or 2 depending on points size).

Just bringing titans to stomp newbies is a douchebag move.

Rant aside, Titans are what Apocalypse is all about so acquiring these engines of destruction should be on every apocalypse players to-do list.

I myself have an old armorcast warhound (with cheese lasers) and several baneblade variants. Especially my Stormblade has a special place in my heart (and so does making strange noises when firing that lovely plasma blastgun).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.

Last edited by AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH; 12-04-12 at 09:23 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode