The Return of the Ultimate Unit Game: The Heresy Heresy - Page 39 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #381 of 392 (permalink) Old 12-21-12, 12:46 AM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

Holy shit, how the hell did he kill 6 two wound T4 models with 3++ invuln saves???? Are you sure you rolled that right, Ezekiel?

Good job C...

Last edited by Iron Angel; 12-21-12 at 12:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #382 of 392 (permalink) Old 12-21-12, 04:11 AM

Obviously all three finalists are loyalists because loyalists are flat out cooler than traitors (and maybe the power of friendship and trust and all that good stuff).

You said that no stat may go higher than 7, does the "can only upgrade a stat 3 times" rule still work, or can i upgrade myself to like 7 wounds?

We do not fear the flame,though it burns us,
We do not fear the fire, though it consumes us,
And we do not fear it's light,
Though it reveals the darkness of our souls,
For therein lies our power
post #383 of 392 (permalink) Old 12-21-12, 08:46 AM

returnoftheclown's Flag is: United Kingdom

By the Power of Friendship!

Well done everyone! Looks like a hard fought battle all round

“Insane? You dare to claim that we are insane? I find this very amusing. You see, there is no such thing as sanity. Why? Because the nature of sanity depends on the context the term is used. A man living in squalor may call the rich man insane for wasting food, while the rich man in return may call the poor insane for living off his waste. You slaughter thousands and squander the resources of planets on foolish incursions to please a corpse and his corrupted followers. And you have the nerve to call me insane? Oh poor misguided individual, pray to whatever deity you serve and hope he is merciful, for those who find themselves trapped in the spiders web have little else they can do”

Lord Nerthro of the ‘Heralds of Absurdity’ to what remained of an Imperial scouting party

post #384 of 392 (permalink) Old 12-21-12, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Angel View Post
Holy shit, how the hell did he kill 6 two wound T4 models with 3++ invuln saves???? Are you sure you rolled that right, Ezekiel?

Good job C...
You have no idea how lucky his rolls were...

Or perhaps you offended the Goddess of Chance by sleeping with her sister, Fortune? I dunno - it just really didn't go your way.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #385 of 392 (permalink) Old 12-21-12, 02:17 PM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

Ah well. It happens.

post #386 of 392 (permalink) Old 01-01-13, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Oh hell no! Spanner actually did some rolling and finished this damn thing!

Anyhow...

THE FINAL

SGMAlice

WS6 BS5 S6 T6 W3 I5 A3 Ld7 Sv2+
- Hand Flamer/Power Sword/Meltabombs

Legion Terminators (Cataphractii Armour, 5 Power Fists, 3 Combi-plasmas, 2 Combi-meltas, Grenade Harness)

CattleBruiser

WS4 BS3 S6 T6 W4 I3 A4(5) Ld7 Sv2+
- Master Crafted Power Axe
- Rage
- Poisoned attacks (4+)
- Feel No Pain
- Combat Familiar and Bloodstained Purity Seal

30 Ork Shoota Boyz (3 Big Shootas, Nob w/ Power Klaw, Bosspole, Eavy Armour)

High_Seraph

WS6 BS6 S6 T6 W5 I5 A3 Ld8 Sv2+
- Power Sword
- Refractor Field

5 Deathwing (Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield x2, Lightning Claws/Cyclone Launcher, Lightning Claws, Power Sword/Storm Bolter)

__________________________________________________ _____________

Match #1: SGMAlice vs CattleBruiser

7 Boyz are killed in the initial fullisade, but through sheer chance and Orky luck, two Terminators are felled. Into combat, Rosae is cut down by the swings of CattleBruiser's axe (he had 8 attacks!). The remaining Terminators are then brought down under the immense number of attacks.

Victory to CattleBruiser.

Match #2: High_Seraph vs SGMAlice

1 Legion Terminator suffers a Krak missile to the face, in return for the deaths of 2 Deathwing Veterans. In furious combat, High_Seraph deals two wounds to Alysia Rosae for none in return, while 2 more Deathwing are killed for no Legion deaths. Shooting is ineffective this time, but Rosae is cut down in combat, not managing to inflict any wounds. The solitary Deathwing terminator's Storm Shield fails to save him from the hulking Cataphractii, and dies a swift death. Unfortunately for High_Seraph, his luck has run out with him facing down 4 angry Legion Terminators. Nevertheless he does manage to take one with him...

Victory to SGMAlice.

Match #3: High_Seraph vs CattleBruiser

The Dark Angels flop their shooting horribly, and all the Deathwing are subsequently gunned down by the vengeful Boyz. Needless to say, Seraph himself lasted no longer than a Mars Bar in the hands of a Scot (lol I kid ).

Victory to CattleBruiser.

Congratulations to CattleBruiser, our winner!
Second place goes to SGMAlice, and an honourable third to High_Seraph.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Quote:
"And so, the greatest warriors of the galaxy fall. Their grand alliances turned to dust; their minds grew suspicious and weak; they were their own flaw. And now I have my vengeance, and my new Heretical Herald who shall forever wander the galaxy in my name - a pitiful existence as a slave, but at least an existence, compared to those who lie slain before me now. I have my revenge on the galaxy...

For I...

Am...

DAVE!"
Thanks to everyone for participating - it was great fun to see all the events unfold, and the little tweaks and individualities that made the game the success it was. My apologies for this very late end, as I didn't foresee quite how busy the past weeks were, but at least I didn't forget entirely!

Now, prizes:

1st place - 5 rep
2nd place - 3 rep
3rd place - 1 rep

They had to be edited in light of the new rep system, and could we administer it as so:
I will award one rep to each of the finalists (covering High_Seraph entirely). Then can Seraph and CattleBruiser both award one rep to Alice to cover her. For CattleBruiser, Seraph and Alice can both rep (ofc me), and I'd then ask two others to volunteer to complete the prize.

Thanks, Spanner - see you at the next game!

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #387 of 392 (permalink) Old 01-01-13, 05:37 PM

Dragblud da scrunka's Flag is: United Kingdom

Wow great conclusion Im proud to see orks getting the win. I can dish 1 rep for you

WAAAAGH Dragblud
W: 22 D: 6 L: 13

Space marines: Krakens Fury! (TBF)
W: 0 D: 0 L: 0
post #388 of 392 (permalink) Old 01-01-13, 06:38 PM

CE5511's Flag is: USA

Theres one for bruiser... and someone else. So much for trying to focus when just getting up lol

Congrats to the top 3!
post #389 of 392 (permalink) Old 01-01-13, 11:42 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

The servo skull purred quietly as it made it's way across the shattered landscape, pausing briefly to scan at each jumbled pile of broken corpses searching for any data that may prove useful. It's bobbing flight just above ground level followed the nooks and crannies of the hill as it descended, smoothing out as it moved to the centre of a large flat expanse.

In the centre of the field a large Ork, adorned in ramshackle plates of leg armour, watched the approaching servo skull through intense piggish eyes as he tapped the end of a large log on the ground at his feet, judging carefully each bob and sway of the automaton's flight.

At the precise moment of an up bob the Ork took a slight step forward and swung the log in an almighty arc that connected perfectly with the zenith of the skull's bob. A sharp "clip" and the skull was sent hurtling hundreds of meters towards the edge of the field.

Milliseconds before it ploughed into the rocks on the hillside The servo skull's grav repulsors cut in and brought it abruptly back to a hover, where is paused a moment to re-orient and then recommenced it's pre-programmed sweep.

In the centre of the field the large Ork glared challengingly at the Mekboy who stood 22 yards in front of him. The Mekboy's eyes narrowed to slits as he glared back, carefully weighing his next move. The assembled throng of Boyz hushed to a dull roar as they waited expectantly for the outcome.

Slowly the Mekboy rasied himself to his full height and extended his arms above his head as he nodded slightly and signalled "6" to all. The Ork boyz erupted into triumphant cheers and a celebratory fight ensued.

"TURN IT OFF!!" Inquisitor Pyrus screamed, "My daughter lies in a coma and these ... these ..... filth make at SPORT! "

The Lord Inquisitor paced frantically back and forth on the bridge of the battle cruiser. Suddenly he stopped, a look of finality crossed his face and he turned and sat gently into the command chair. He reached for the pendant that hung about his neck and brought the ornate gold "I" to his lips. The deck crew stiffened at this action and a foreboding atmosphere descended overt the room.

"Ensign" came the almost inaudible whisper "transmit Battle Formation Omega to the flotilla"

"Yes my lord" was the flat response

"All callsigns to report when ready for EXTERMINATUS"

Well done to the victor and the valiant participants in the final innings .... er battle!
A big thanks too to the Spanner for all his hard work and making such a creative and enjoyable game.

Last edited by Magpie_Oz; 01-01-13 at 11:49 PM.
post #390 of 392 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 01:28 AM

Thanks for the great game Spanner, was really fun.

Great game for everyone who played.

p.s. i just found out that you don't get a PM when you get new rep anymore

We do not fear the flame,though it burns us,
We do not fear the fire, though it consumes us,
And we do not fear it's light,
Though it reveals the darkness of our souls,
For therein lies our power

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Tags
game , heresy , ultimate , unit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode