luck on your side? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

HUMYN HYBRID's Flag is: Australia

Default luck on your side?

hey all. hybrid here.

so last weekend, i was extremely lucky.

i dont know how, but my lone tau commander managed to survive massive attacks, while being stuck up a tree. given stimmy injectors and the like, plus a shield generator, he tanked most (if not all) firepower from an IG army for three turns. this player thought he was the biggest threat as he alone was scaring his men into advance. the only objective he wanted was the one my shas'o was sitting on (yes, the tree was the objective. the lucky part besides my commanders awesomeness was that he either forgot about the other objective (which was kinda close to my broadsides, tank and 2 squads of fire warriors, yet the one being guarded by my shas'o was still in range of most. the other objective was taken by me, and after getting tired of waiting for my commander to move after the first 4 rounds, he spent the rest of the 3 rounds rushing his men to the objective.

shas'o lost 3 wounds from 4-5 turns of nearly every weopon aiming at him.

has anyone else had this kind of unnatural luck?

If you can't amaze people with your intelligence... Confuse them with your bullshit!

Last edited by HUMYN HYBRID; 09-08-12 at 04:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 05:26 PM

Archaon18's Flag is: England

Typhus vs a Tau Ephereal. Ephereal was till alive after turn 2 of combat, with Typhus suffering 2 wounds for his weapon alone. I was playing Typhus, so it technically wasn't me. In the same game a Sheild drone killed two Bezerkers in 2 rounds.
I still won though, but it was a lot tighter than it should've been.

Lasguns- You can never have too little firepower
My Tactics Blog - ChaosTactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfCheese View Post
"Hey babe, want me to Power Fist your Pink Horror?"

"Is it ok if my Old One Eye penetrates your Devilfish?"
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

HUMYN HYBRID's Flag is: Australia

0_0...
im shocked... wish my ethereal could be so epic

If you can't amaze people with your intelligence... Confuse them with your bullshit!

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 06:00 PM

Pssyche's Flag is: England

I once had a 17 model Eldar Guardian Squad take a pounding from almost 6,000 points worth of shooting on the last turn of a massive Apocalypse Battle, from a mixture of Space Marines and Imperial Guard.
The outcome rested upon whether they survived or not, as they were contesting an objective.
And, with the rest of his unit dead and having survived everything that two Baneblades, some Leman Russes and massed assorted heavy weaponry could throw at him, the last one fell to literally the last shot of the game...
TO A FRICKING LASPISTOL!

I was gutted!
A glorious draw became a narrow defeat...
Although seeing the desperation on my opponents' faces as they desperately tried to find something in range that hadn't yet fired was worth it!

Though I take your life, I promise you the stars...
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 06:56 PM
Rattlehead

Once had a unit of CSM charged by a unit of Vanguard Veterans in Apocalypse, and after 2 rounds of combat there was 1 Chaos dog soldier fighting against two tooled-up Vanguard Veterans with Power Weapons. They whiffed their attacks, and he proceeded to cut down both dudes. Then he got killerated by Terminators, but it was cool nevertheless. Also, back in 5th, I had a Rhino full of Tacticals that got a bit too close to enemy lines. It gets about 4 Penetrating hits and 5 or 6 glances. Ended up Stunned and Shaken a bunch of times, with no other damage taken. God damn Hull Points. Finally, I fired all the stuff I had at this damnable C'tan Shard, and it just stubbornly stayed at one wound, that single marker mocking me (fittingly, as the Deceiver). There's a group of 3 Wraiths behind it. Rapid-fired the Wraiths, killing one, and then fired a Flamer, which hit two Wraiths and the C'tan. It kills off another Wraith, and also takes the last wound off the C'tan. Sadly, the C'tan's death explosion killed the Flamer as well, but he went out in glory at least.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Last edited by MidnightSun; 09-08-12 at 06:59 PM.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 06:57 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

1 Khorne berserker left of his unit of 8. He's the skull champion. My opponent unloaded no less than 3 devastator squads, a land raider crusader, 3 tactical squads and 10 terminators. He then proceeded to charge the lone berserker with an assault marine squad. Not only did he not die, but after 3 rounds of combat killed all of them and went running towards the enemy line, drenched in blood and screaming praises to the Blood God.

However, the game ended at that point. He was still mental xD
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 07:09 PM

Archaon18's Flag is: England

I've also had the sort of 'Killed by laser' moment.
A while ago, facing a guy playing DKOK. He had three 6 man squads with each one with a full load f either melta plasma or flamers. No wounds on my Terminators, and 2 plasma guys bit the dust. Then 6 Lasgun rounds killed TWO. TWO. Not as funny as the apocalypsed Guardians, but still pretty stupid. Now a common joke in my GW is that my CSMs are epileptic.

Additionally, me and a soon-to-be staff member, by the name of Kevin, played a game of Kill Team. I had a prince, he had a Wraithlord and some Avengers. First turn, using Lash I got the WL into combat, then emerged with one wound. I survived for a while, taking down a few with multiple assaults. Then, with the last Avenger shooting e last round of the game, he scored a headshot. About a year later I am still seeking vengeance as he constantly reminds me. That said I did have a game againts some Avengers. I lost, only because I was so single minded in wiping out the Avengers, I forfeited a golden charge into Fire Dragons and an attached Farseer to kill them. Such a shame.

Lasguns- You can never have too little firepower
My Tactics Blog - ChaosTactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfCheese View Post
"Hey babe, want me to Power Fist your Pink Horror?"

"Is it ok if my Old One Eye penetrates your Devilfish?"

Last edited by Archaon18; 09-08-12 at 07:13 PM.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 07:25 PM

Pssyche's Flag is: England

"Now a common joke in my GW is that my CSMs are epileptic."

HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Though I take your life, I promise you the stars...
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 07:29 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

I've seen or had a lot of monstrous luck affect games, especially after saying things such as: "I utterly need this DS unit in play so I'm going to be safe and place it 11" away from that table edge where it'll be save from mishap..."

but the best piece of luck I've ever heard of was had by neilbatte: in WFB a bloodthirster charged his gnoblar (who couldn't hurt it, don't carry a banner or have a musician), fluffed all of its 7 attacks, lost the fight thanks to rank bonus and then rolled a double 6 to lose all of its 4 wounds in a single tern.
Its like the equivalent of CSM termies charging snotlings and then not only losing but breaking and being caught to boot!!

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 07:41 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

One of my favorite bits is Jacobus and his nigh-Invunerable Rhino (5th Edition).

Parked the Rhino (filled with Jacobus, 2 Crusaders and 5 Death Cult Assassins) within 4" of the Tau front lines against an opponent who proceeded to spend their entire shooting phase shooting at it. Several 6++ invunerable saves later it only lost the Storm Bolter, was Stunned twice and was Immobilized. Almost every penetrating hit was negated, and a lot of shooting was just pretty ineffective.

Also a common theme are my Exorcists firing 6 shots a turn. Each. I actually had one game where all three shot 6 missiles every time they fired for 5 consecutive turns before I lost one of them.

I've also gibbed a Hive Tyrant with one first turn.

It's now pretty common for us to subscribe such lucky streaks (as I use random dice, and have removed the ones that seem to roll high more often than not as a precaution) as it being directly preportional to how much it annoys my opponent. The more it annoys them, the better my rolls get!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode