Need advice for IG against Deamons - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-12, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

madcore's Flag is: Canada

Default Need advice for IG against Deamons

Hey Guys,

I am playing tomorrow against deamons for the first time and i was looking for some tips and tricks from either IG or deamons player....i was planning to play a pretty standard list like i use to....something similar to

CCS
2xmelatgun
Regimental standard
Officer of the fleet ( though it would be good against demons)

Primaris psyker

Marbo

Psyker battle squad (are they any good against deamon???)

One blob of 30 guards with commissar

4 squads of vets in chimeras with 3xmelta each....

2x vendettas

1xhellhound

1x demolisher

This is just. Quick draft.....i can change anything, i have pretty much everything in the codex available...so any advice woukd be most welcome...

Fred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-12, 06:46 PM

Antonius's Flag is: United Kingdom

Anything that lobs Pies at short - Medium Range is excellent vs Daemons. They DS T1, usually bunched up (but only half of their army does this) - so pieplates can rack up a good number of kills. Demolishers, Battle tanks, Medusae are perhaps the ideal, because AP is largely irrelevant, given the army is based on invun saves, so quantity of fire > quality of fire in MOST cases. Spare a few meltavets for Soul Grinders and dem slaaneshi chariots, but i would go for multi-shot weapons where possible over high S single shot guns. Some units i would say charge with krak nades (im looking at YOU slaaneshi chariots), others i would say avoid like the plague (im not sure if the pun was intentional).

General Antonius, Task force Iron Storm cmdr, Cadian 9th Mechanised Infantry Rgt.

WHAT, I CAN'T HAVE MORE THAN SIX MANTICORES!

I'm facing NECRONS
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-12, 11:11 PM

Psyker Battle Squads are the ones who can reduce LD? Could be very useful if your opponent takes Fateweaver (if he takes a Wound he must pass a LD test or be removed from play, if you didn't know already).

Also master of the fleet (I think thats the one that -1 from your opponents Reserve Rolls), is a must. And hope for the Warlord Trait that is another -1 from your opponents Reserves and your Daemon friend will be fighting an uphill struggle.

Vendettas are also good since Daemons tend to lack any real Skyfire.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

Yes the Psyker battle squad is the one with the "weaken resolved" power....reducing your leadership by the number of psyker in the squad....it can also be quite usefull with a few of the powers in the new psycic powers....

I was wondering because i have no idea if deamon are immune to falling back...that power is useless if i cannot have them take moral test

Also i was opting for a fast army and fast vehicles to ba able to remain on the move....i already have two vendetta so i was wondering if having a hellhound would be a good thing instead of a leman russ....just a tought

Any other suggestion?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 01:08 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

My main thought was that the vets would probably benefit from plasmaguns or flamers. The incrased rate of fire from these would help. However as mentioned before one squad with meltas would be handy for any soulgrinders.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 12:04 PM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Also master of the fleet (I think thats the one that -1 from your opponents Reserve Rolls), is a must. And hope for the Warlord Trait that is another -1 from your opponents Reserves and your Daemon friend will be fighting an uphill struggle.
They already are fighting an uphill struggle, using MotF and getting that warlord trait would make the game a complete joke, barring incredible luck.

As mentioned above, quantity of shots > quality of shots. They all have invuln saves, and rather poor ones at that, so dumping high rate of fire shots into them will net you alot of kills. Flame templates can do wonders as well. Just make sure you're not catering a list to specifically combat daemons. IG are one of my hardest matchups locally, and his list is more of an all comers.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
My main thought was that the vets would probably benefit from plasmaguns or flamers
Putting flamers on Vets is a complete waiste of their BS 4... Which is why i never do it...also, all my chimeras have heavy flamers and i will probably get a hellhound....on top of that my PCS always have 4 flamers....As for Plasma, i do not like the "get Hot" rule, i am very good at killing my guys with it....Since his army will rush towards me, the range of the melta is not a huge issue, and i have orders to make them twin linked for MC....

My lists are always built for all comers, i do not like to build list for one specific army, it sucks and it is not fun for the other player....the deal here is to have fun....i just wanted to know more about demons....especially about their moral....i know they all have a LD of 10...but do they have to take moral test when they lose 25% of their squad?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 06:24 PM

No, the entire army is fearless.

The new chariots and soulgrinders are the only things with an armor value. If he’s not taking them, anything better than s8 ap3 is wasted. The army has no 2++ or T7+ models. A few have 3+ but most will have nothing more than 4++ or 5++ so lots of small arms fire works well.

Stay in your chimera, stay in cover and castle up, but not so tight that they will be easily hit with flamers.

Flamers will be more useful in overwatch than in the shooting phase.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 07:09 PM
Rattlehead

You can still Terrify them, and combine it with Weaken Resolve, for funtimes against Greater Daemons.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 09:18 AM

Calamari's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT-1984 View Post
Be careful with that tactic, it might come back to haunt you. If you delay the second wave you make it more likely that all of those units will come in at once. Then the deamon player will have a bunch of untouched units t contest objectives and stuff.

If he is going to take lots of greater deamons, plasma can be be handy.

Follow mine and Jam's 40K delusions at:

crucible-of-fate.blogspot.co.uk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode