Calling out your rolls - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-31-12, 09:59 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporal Punishment 69 View Post
I am a bit of a bastard with this one, if someone rolls and dosn't say what for I pick the dice up, hand them back to them saying "roll again, and this time tell me what it's for". I'm a big guy, rarely does anyone have anything to say when I do this except "sorry"....

same here.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.

Last edited by morfangdakka; 09-01-12 at 01:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-31-12, 11:56 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

I call everything. Who's shooting, what guns, what dice correspond to what weapons, what I need to hit, what I need to wound, the number of armor saves the guy needs to take....everything.

I also roll in plain sight (middle of the board, open terrain) so the opponent and onlookers can see everything. At both stores I go to, it's expected that everybody does that.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-03-12, 12:42 PM

If you can't be arsed to tell your opponent what you're doing, you shouldn't even bother playing as you're clearly not invested enough to give a damn. I've never met anyone that refused to explain what he was doing, and even in local tournament I've never seen anyone not say what he was doing.

Maybe I've been lucky finding the right people, but the worst I've had to deal with was people rolling to hit and then to wound and me not understanding how much he needed. However, if that happens, just ask: even if I get distracted for a moment, asking politely has always been good enough for me, sometimes people don't say what they need because they already know and give for granted you do as well, but someone who just rolled dice without even saying what for is news to me, not to mention unthinkable.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-03-12, 12:53 PM

Straken's_Fist's Flag is: South Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporal Punishment 69 View Post
I am a bit of a bastard with this one, if someone rolls and dosn't say what for I pick the dice up, hand them back to them saying "roll again, and this time tell me what it's for". I'm a big guy, rarely does anyone have anything to say when I do this except "sorry"....
Yeah same here.

Nothing irritates me more than when people just start rolling dice and remain completely silent. They could be rolling for anything. It's so rude. Luckily it rarely happens.

"Here are your dice, now declare what you are shooting at and what you are actually rolling for, and we'll start again. Thanks."
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-03-12, 06:14 PM
Arcane's Flag is: USA

I don't think it's important if it's a single roll, like 1 save, other than that though it needs to be done. For example if your opponent get's one hit and wound on your vehicle, just roll the save without needing to call anything.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-09-12, 12:36 PM

Nave Senrag's Flag is: USA

I usually call what I'm rolling for, and if it is done in stages I call what I got at each stage. So I'll say "Veteran squad shooting at your Assault Marines", then "15 hits", and "7 wounds". I will of course answer if someone asks me what I need to hit/wound, but it seems a little tedious to mention it otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
Yup, that sounds about right. The only faction who are a bigger bunch of backstabbers than the Imperium are the Eldar (and this is debatable as the Eldar only stab OTHER factions in the back).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode