Respecting models - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-08, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Green Knight's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Respecting models

I have found in are club that people just chuck there models in boxes without packaging, disrespecting the models. I almost makes me cry
to see ace models swashed, in a bottom of a box. What should I do, to stop it, Models need are help

The creatures of the Warp have but one trait with which you need concern yourself - their undying contempt for the Emperor. It is your task to quell the rebellion they preach, and the only sure way is to destroy them utterly.
+++ Qualtak Shoram +++
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-08, 09:14 AM
For Da Boss

dirty-dog-'s Flag is: New Zealand

noooooooooooooooooooooooo this can not be, if i can't carry my models saftly, i do not take them with me!!!!!

omgitsduane's # 1 Fan

Russian Winter Guard Thread

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-08, 09:15 AM

Slow-mo dive in and save them
But really, I guess some people just see their toys in a different light. Mine on the other hand get carefully placed in their foam trays and locked away from strife. I'm not the best or fastest painter so so would near cry if I saw my men flaking

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-08, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

People slam dunk them in to the box.

The creatures of the Warp have but one trait with which you need concern yourself - their undying contempt for the Emperor. It is your task to quell the rebellion they preach, and the only sure way is to destroy them utterly.
+++ Qualtak Shoram +++
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-08, 10:40 AM

lordmat0's Flag is: United Kingdom

I personally chuck them in a box carefully! no choice really cant carry 2 suitcases with me.

Fair enough they may be some brackages but theres always glue.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-08, 11:02 AM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

I'll pack my vehicles away carefully (if only because it's the only way they fit back into the box) and generally put the figures back into their trays with a modicum of care, but I am guilty of picking them up by the handul (unmindful of scratching the paint) and plonking them down to deploy them or remove them when they die.

Some people treat their toys with more care than others. To some, they're ultra-detailed military miniatures that cost a small country's GDP (FW krieg), to others, they're simply gaming toys, of no more signifiganc than tiddly-winks counters (All you ork players who can't be bothered actually painting ANY of them.).

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-08, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

People carry them in plastic/cardbord boxes without packageing. No foam trays nothing

+++ Qualtak Shoram +++
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-08, 11:16 AM

i once placed a chav by his shirt pinned to a wall in store before cus he made contact with my model. The staff were happy as the chaves neaver came back in force again. They always used to and make a pain of them selfs. ^^ they caught me on a bad day and they go what they deserved. I am very protective of my main models, but stuff like my gaunts i do tend to pile into a box........
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-08, 12:01 PM

Rindaris's Flag is: USA

I've seen one guy (only showed up once, but if you check my battle reports on my site, its the Eldar player) who kept nicely painted miniatures in large butter-like containers. Granted he did have foamies to pad them... but still....

And then there was another guy who hasn't shown up for the past month or so. Half his models didn't have bases, his tanks were falling apart... quite seriously. Granted, I was told that at one point his case fell off the table and that is what caused some of the damage (alot of it existed prior though). But even so, if that had happened to me, you know damn well those models would be fixed by the next week. He was GIVEN a finely painted Space Wolves army and when he needed 2 rhinos he pulled off the glued on whirlwind launchers on two of the tanks.... He ended up selling some of the stuff when he decided to get into Tyranids. Have to admit I took advantage of that and got bits for a rhino and new Whirlwind launcher (not the Space Wolves one) and put together a pretty cool lil' tank. Someone else got a LR Crusader (that needed ALOT of love) for $25.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-08, 12:16 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

I'm pretty bad about not lovin' my Orcs for WHFB, but if you played the dwarf army I play against most of the time, you'd be pretty blah about your army, too. My 40k stuff, in particular my Space Marines, on the other hand, have the FINEST transportation and care money can buy, because my 40k armies have served me well. That being said, I still have foam trays for my Orcs for WHFB, but I don't carefully put them away or anything... I just sort of toss 'em in so I can close the bag. There's occasional breakage, but I always have glue on hand, so it's never that big a deal. Stuff breaks where it was glued, and it never flakes paint off or anything for some odd reason...once glued back, you can't tell it ever broke.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode