Respecting models - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-08, 02:22 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

i totally agree, some people ( mostly younger kids ) just throw models that have been killed, they just throw them to the side with the other casualties, and they most likely didn`t pay for them themselves.

there are these bunch of kids in my local store and they clutter it up every weekend, they make there parents buy them models they dont even care if they get broken, i once saw someone practically force his grandma to buy him a greater daemon, then within minutes he put the whole kit in the bin because he had " gone of it ". if i had enough money i would certainly buy a carry case and lots of protection..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-08, 03:15 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

i will confess that i dont spend 2 hours every single marine, but i have two foam cases for them and when they die, i give them a hero's burial and gently place them back inside the foam case. if anyone even looks at my models without asking, i neutralize their ass; my marines may not be the best painted, they may not win every battle, but damn it, they're my Marines!!

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-10-08, 01:51 AM

I use a big cardboard box full of shoe boxes and other containers with bubble wrap and paper towels for my models.

I was never at the point where I could justify spending money on proper army containers. What I used may look ragged, but it has served me well with no serious damage done to any of the models.

If I ever finish collecting and painting everything, then finish with all my terrain projects, maybe I will spend some money on "proper" tranportation. Or if my big cardbox falls apart. Which ever happens sooner.

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-10-08, 03:10 AM

Lord Khorne's Flag is: Australia

I try to take care with mine. So every Games Night I have to put them away Tetris style. And unfortunately I SUCK at Tetris.
Worst damage to my models ever???? My aunt walked into a room where me and my friend were playing 40k and she squished a unit of 20 CSM. She even warped the bases!!!

GW is the eternal circle.
It creates and destroys.
Inspires and demorilises.
Gives Birth and Murders.
That is Games Workshop.

Currently working on Guardians Of Pella Space Marine chapter

Last edited by Lord Khorne; 06-10-08 at 03:12 AM.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-10-08, 04:13 AM

It is their money let them piss it away as they please I guess. You will rarely see this though with people that actually take the time to put a nice paint job on the model.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-10-08, 04:31 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

I've always been a firm believer in the metal-suitcases-filled-with-foam approach to these things. The "dead", though, are tossed unceremoniously tossed into a pile at the edge of the table. Near the pretzels and pop.

I hope I get buried with pretzels and pop.....
-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-10-08, 07:47 AM

Gore Hunter's Flag is: England

To Be fair GK everyone else looks after their models with tissue and bubble rap I think only me and Zondarian "chuck them in a box" or in zondarians case a bag. I just don't have the right storage cases and I never have time at the end of a battle to pack em neatly I get rushed plus all the tissue I bring goes missing and it takes to long to prepare!!!

post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-10-08, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Green Knight's Flag is: United Kingdom

But it is worth it

The creatures of the Warp have but one trait with which you need concern yourself - their undying contempt for the Emperor. It is your task to quell the rebellion they preach, and the only sure way is to destroy them utterly.
+++ Qualtak Shoram +++
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-10-08, 09:05 AM

Kronus's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lord General View Post
I was never at the point where I could justify spending money on proper army containers. What I used may look ragged, but it has served me well with no serious damage done to any of the models.
This pretty much sums me up. That and until a few years back I sucked at painting so i wasn't terribly bothered. Nowdays it depends on my armies: my GreyKnights are covered head to toe in bubble wrap and foam. My Orks whose numbers are legion are transported in a gaint shoebox. This will change as I mod and paint more but I am unlikely to ever buy a GW case for my Orks, simply put there are too damn many. I would need two containers at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromedog View Post
To some, they're ultra-detailed military miniatures that cost a small country's GDP (FW krieg), to others, they're simply gaming toys, of no more signifiganc than tiddly-winks counters (All you ork players who can't be bothered actually painting ANY of them.).
That somes up how I feel about my Grots and indeed a lot of my Orks, I treat them like any good Orc General does. That said I never throw them in the box. On the other hand my heavily modded biker nobs have there own place of foam wrapped honour. And yes most are unpainted

Last edited by Kronus; 06-10-08 at 09:23 AM.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-10-08, 01:43 PM

Zondarian's Flag is: England

in fairness I dont bother because I see them as wot they are, Little platic/metal models. If one breaks ill glue it back together or replace it. Simple as that

Do not disallusion yourself brothers, today we die, our bodies broken and our souls shattered, we will be remembered as corpses on a battlefield.Raise hell my brothers for one day our great Father will hear of our struggle, and he will be honoured to call us his Sons. In death our Glory shall become eternal.' Karik Farron, 1st Lord of the Dark Scorchers at the Fall of Kempar.

'like a blind man in a dark room trying to find a black cat that isn't there'-imntdead

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode