Hit and run question - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-12, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

stalarious's Flag is: Germany

Default Hit and run question

Hey I was reading the rule book and hit and run states that in the end of any assault phase you can attempt to run away. Well my question is was that how they meant to state it cause I can see doing a gun line waiting for my opponent to come at me take the charge and at the end of their assault attempt a breakaway then my phase comes up shot. The crap outta you then charge you back or wait for you to charge again and over watch you for the second time.

That seems kinda crazy but if its right then that's cool for armies like IG and tau that rely on firepower instead of bash and slash.

So I am growing my enemy.....so what I gotta kill something.

CENTER][/CENTER]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-12, 08:35 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

I'd be using it if I got locked in CC at the end of my turn to break away at the end of their turn (if I live that long) then be able to move that unit further away and shoot at them.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-12, 11:59 AM

DeSteele's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
That seems kinda crazy but if its right then that's cool for armies like IG and tau that rely on firepower instead of bash and slash.
But do the units in the IG/Tau have the Hit & Run rule?
I only know of Guardsman Marbo in the IG and he is NOT an independent character so can not join another unit to give them Hit & Run.

Rules work well for Sisters in that you can join St Celestine to a unit of Seraphim to give her Hit & Run. She also then gives the unit Init 7 for that better chance of Hit & Run working

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-12, 01:37 PM

but can you not be sweeping advance for that? SO it is a kind of risky way of playing it.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-12, 03:39 PM

Thats true as you have to weather a round of combat at minimum plus the risk of sweeping advance. No risk of sweeping advance for fearless and reduced risk for stubborn troops presuming you all don't die in the close combat.
St Celestine is fearless which transfers to the Seraphim.

Hit and run is not that common a rule but it is a bit better now as if any of a unit have it, all have it.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-12, 05:54 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSteele View Post
But do the units in the IG/Tau have the Hit & Run rule?
I only know of Guardsman Marbo in the IG and he is NOT an independent character so can not join another unit to give them Hit & Run.

Rules work well for Sisters in that you can join St Celestine to a unit of Seraphim to give her Hit & Run. She also then gives the unit Init 7 for that better chance of Hit & Run working
A perfect analogy, as Sisters are Battle Brothers (Sisters?) with Imperial Guard. Therefore, you can attach Celestine to a big Combined Squad of Guardsmen, 30 or more, and give them Hit and Run to get out of combat as well as a Heavy Flamer and good challenge acceptor. You also get basic Battle Sisters, who aren't really a tax - they're not amazing Troops but they're hardly Fire Warriors or Noise Marines. Taking a squad of them isn't bad to add a little extra durability to the Guard front lines.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-12, 06:02 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
A perfect analogy, as Sisters are Battle Brothers (Sisters?) with Imperial Guard. Therefore, you can attach Celestine to a big Combined Squad of Guardsmen, 30 or more, and give them Hit and Run to get out of combat as well as a Heavy Flamer and good challenge acceptor. You also get basic Battle Sisters, who aren't really a tax - they're not amazing Troops but they're hardly Fire Warriors or Noise Marines. Taking a squad of them isn't bad to add a little extra durability to the Guard front lines.

Midnight
"...they're hardly Fire Warriors...."

I never thought I'd hear someone say that with a straight face. 6th Edition, you've definitely changed the game for that to be a true statement!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-12, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Therefore, you can attach Celestine to a big Combined Squad of Guardsmen, 30 or more, and give them Hit and Run to get out of combat as well as a Heavy Flamer and good challenge acceptor.
Erm, small correction here. St Celestine gets Hit and Run FROM the Seraphim and not the other way round. She provides Fearless and high Initiative to them plus some wound allocation tricks with some better close combat abilities.

Now Uriah Jacobus from the Sisters would add re-roll to hit on the charge, Stubborn, +1 attack and Feel No Pain so a better choice for the IG blob.

And we are better than Noise Marines as well Zion I feel dizzy.

Last edited by DeSteele; 08-04-12 at 07:56 PM.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-12, 08:26 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
It's actually the way that statement was phrased, it almost looks like Sisters are WORSE than Fire Warriors.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-12, 09:11 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Erm, small correction here. St Celestine gets Hit and Run FROM the Seraphim and not the other way round. She provides Fearless and high Initiative to them plus some wound allocation tricks with some better close combat abilities.

Now Uriah Jacobus from the Sisters would add re-roll to hit on the charge, Stubborn, +1 attack and Feel No Pain so a better choice for the IG blob.

Bugger. Thought that was going to work awesomely. Ah well, still a fairly cheap addition to a blob squad for the Heavy Flamer and the extra punch.

Uriah Jacobus tricks can be emulated by Straken and Priests, generally. Feel No Pain is nice though.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode