something nice about GW - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 04:41 AM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

I've always said, though I have little respect for the crew of my local GWS (every time I go there I get sold the wrong model, given mad information and/or pressured to check out the latest pre-orders), GW's customer service, as a company, is unparallelled. Call that hotline, send an e-mail, you will get a response and it will be above and beyond no questions asked 110% A++

I bought a whirlwind and the launcher sprue was missing the large radar dish. GW sent me a whole launcher sprue, effectively giving me a free whirlwind (since I could instantly upgrade any rhino/razorback)

My brother bought some 'zerks who were missing the backpack sprue. They sent him a whole sprue of free berserkers and some backpacks to boot.

Some of you may remember the epically fucked up Crusader kit I had the misfortune of assembling before the all plastic kits came out. The pewter was all horribly miscast and covered in super-thick flash, the hull pieces were warped, literally bent and twisted, etc. I was able to assemble it, but the whole thing was a train wreck and a nightmare to assemble. I called GW, they apologized and asked me to put it all in an e-mail to customer service so it could be documented and maybe prompt them to inspect/recall certain batches.

I did so. A couple days later I got an e-mail from the head of US customer support thanking me, apologizing, and telling me he personally pulled a kit off the shelf, opened it, inspected it, then put it in the mail for me, just for my trouble.

A free crusader kit just because the one I had and was actually able to (barely) assemble was such a piece of shit, despite coming together in the end. Granted, I was terrified of the thought of drilling and pinning all that fucking pewter again, but years lter I traded it to a friend for a bunch of killa kans and more boyz, so I'm happy ;-)

Oh, and more recently (by which I still mean a couple years ago) I went into my local GWS looking for a chimera to turn into my infamous 'Chimerork' trukk conversion. They didn't have one, so I asked if the Basilisk kit included all the parts needed for a chimera, but with just extra gun gubbins included. They assured me that yes indeed it had the whole chimera package but with the gun as well. So I laid down the extra money figuring, hey, more bitz, right?

Of course, I was wrong. tHere's an extra sprue that the chimera is meant to come with that the bassie does not. I phoned GW customer service to report my general dissatisfaction with the ignorant inpstore help. Not really expecting anything other than to make some redshirt's day worse when they got the e-mail from corporate about customer complaints.

Instead, they mailed me a free chimera.
I didn't ask for one. In fact, I'd have been thrilled just to get the extra sprue, but instead I got a whole free chimera, sent to me within days, for free.

I still have most of the bassie sitting in a box, sans cannon, waiting for me to come up with something to do with it.

GW customer service is amazing. Always has been.

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 04:49 AM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

dont know if this counts but heck ill throw it in

a couple months back before the new paint release. GW brought down all the painting articles. I sent an email explaining how useful they are and i cant find a specific article. and they wrote back telling me that they are taking it down for better articles

i like that because of the fact that they managed to convince me why the articles went down without spoilling the new paint release

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 10:01 AM

Dicrel Seijin's Flag is: USA

When I picked up my Veteran Vanguard from a GW-affiliate, I got home and found two of the models with large air bubbles and one of the jump packs missing the outside top corner (and about a fourth of the intake vent).

I sent off an email to customer service (and then they asked me to give them a call). The call went well and I got replacements in a couple of weeks.

I said this before and I'll say it again, GW customer service was one of the most pain-free experiences I've ever had.

"Oh, you can have as much violence as you want, but no swearing and absolutely no sex." --Bruce Campbell

Fiction: Beneath Our Feet | From Darkness... | Elements of Order, Ep 1, Pt 1, Sec 1 & 2 (MLP: FiM) | Iron Grot | Only War

Projects: Waaagh! Dicrel: Bad Moons Rising | Dicrel's Ork Base Works-In-Progress Log

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 12:23 PM

ARMYguy's Flag is: USA

The first thing i ever bought from GW was a guard heavy weapons team and it was missing a sprue. Called them and had one shipped to me in a few days. Great service i must admit.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

i just got the shipping email from them. it would appear that i am being sent an entire warbiker mob rather than just the sprue. oddly.... this still leaves me with 2/3 of a box of warbikers.

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 03:21 PM

I've had a good customer service experience too. Last year I bought a Ravenwing Battleforce and was missing a bike sprue. Contacted GW through email, received a response and a phone call and two weeks later w new bike showed up in the mail!

Last edited by Jace of Ultramar; 07-31-12 at 03:24 PM.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 03:55 PM

Mortarman178's Flag is: USA

wow all these get things about customer service...hmm i think i might send my own email to them..i bought a Baineblade a while back and i just started putting it together and noticed the left piece of the left side was warped slightly and didnt fit right..i got it to work. but i may want to contact GW now about it. not that i need a whole new one. just that side would work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaantitus View Post
I cannot picture a 7 foot superman with michael jacksons voice. 'OW' /end crotch grab.

Ordo ab Chao" - Order from Chaos
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 04:05 PM

ARMYguy's Flag is: USA

maybe they will give you a whole new blade, and then you can use the one you have as a terrain piece.... destroyed blade... would be cool to see fully painted on a board cause how many people use 100 $ models as terrain.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 04:31 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMYguy View Post
maybe they will give you a whole new blade, and then you can use the one you have as a terrain piece.... destroyed blade... would be cool to see fully painted on a board cause how many people use 100 $ models as terrain.
You do it right and you could get two or three pieces out of it. Not a bad deal for the cost overall.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 06:38 PM

Mortarman178's Flag is: USA

if i do i might convert it to the stormsword so ill have one of each and just have one "battle damaged" so to speak. but yeah teh terrain thing might be fun too...lol though i think it will kill me a bit on the inside to do that. money is a bit tight as it is. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaantitus View Post
I cannot picture a 7 foot superman with michael jacksons voice. 'OW' /end crotch grab.

Ordo ab Chao" - Order from Chaos

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode