GW Main Page "Rock Hard Tanks" - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-18-12, 09:19 AM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

Heavier vehicles had to worry a lot about being glanced because the high-strength weaponry doesn't exist in the abundance required to reliably penetrate. A S8 AP1 weapon could actually wreck an AV14 vehicle with one shot, given some lucky rolls. Glances are still dangerous but in a different way. Where before, the enemy needed more glances (Lets see a show of hands, who here wrecked a monolith/land raider with 4 glances? No one?) each glance was individually much more dangerous as it could immobilize the vehicle, blow a weapon off, or stop the vehicle from shooting or moving for a turn. Stunlocking a heavy vehicle was one of the best ways to make it less effective, now thats much more difficult.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-18-12, 09:26 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriouce View Post
I believe the changes have made light vehicles (AV10-12) less durable and heavy vehicles (AV13-14) more durable. Those that are displayed at the GW website are all AV12-14 so in the abcense of AV12 they would be right.
which is really how it should be, an apc is a mode of transport and its the contents that should be important in game terms, where as a tank is a mobile heavy weapon platform and should be able to soak up more damage before it wrecks.

But all in all its just some words designed to shift some tank models, its no different than saying"death from above" for flyers or any other slogan used to shift models, you either buy into it or you dont, marketing isnt about telling the truth its about skewing it or putting a spin on things to make someone think they need what your selling and part with the cash. There is a whole science to manipulating customers in retail and sales and its quite interesting to see it in action, its one of those silly things that you dont know is happening to you until someone explains to you how and why it works.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-18-12, 10:32 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

I;ve not see nthat statement anywhere O-o

post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-18-12, 11:30 AM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

In the short term tanks have become more resistant and reliable. It's over the course of the game that they've become more fragile.

There's now far less chance of a single shot taking out your tank; glances don't roll on the damage table and one needs to get through all the hull points. On average it will consistently take a dedicated amount of shooting to remove or neutralise's a vehicle.

Stun-locking is far less viable now, with glances no longer rolling on the table and negating your ability to shoot. Your tanks shooting will be more reliable and effective.

Long term however they are more susceptible to damage; it being a matter of chipping hull points off. This is as it should be.

post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-18-12, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Arcane's Flag is: USA

I know it's just marketing, but itms bad marketing. But hey, I could be wrong, it's not like the majoriity of GW stores have closed or anything...
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-18-12, 12:17 PM

ARMYguy's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
I know it's easier to get a cover save, but obscured vehicles only get a 5+?
A small quibble but its 4 + for 25 % obscured and then a 3 + if you manage to hide 75 % or so. At least thats how it looks from the pictures on the vehicle cover page, which i don't remember the page number.
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-18-12, 12:18 PM
Grey Knight Converter

asianavatar's Flag is: Canada

The new rules have made shooty tanks better for the most part. Two glances still mean two turns of shooting with my exorcist instead of just sitting there so it can be shot at again. I found in most of the games I played in 5th, my Exorcists were dead by turn 5 and if it got glanced a few times I lost one to two turns of shooting. In the new edition I find that my tanks die at around the same rate, but I get the extra turns of shooting in. So I am happy with how that worked out, transports on the other hand, those are taking a beating.

I used to roll the dice, Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes

Quote:
I'm afraid there's no authoritative source for thinking you're an asshole
Aramoro

Last edited by asianavatar; 07-18-12 at 06:12 PM.
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-18-12, 12:28 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianavatar View Post
The new rules have made shooty tanks better for the most part. Two glances still mean two turns of shooting with my exorcist instead of just sitting there so it can be shot at again. I found in most of the games I played in 5th. My Exorcists were dead by turn 5 and if it got glanced a few times I lost one to two turns of shooting. In the new edition I find that my tanks die at around the same rate, but I get the extra turns of shooting in. So I am happy with how that worked out, transports on the other hand, those are taking a beating.
I Agree with that you're high priory vehicle units have a bigger chance to get a couple of turns of shooting instead of being glanced and stunnd/whatever after the enemies first shooting phase
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-18-12, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Arcane's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMYguy View Post
A small quibble but its 4 + for 25 % obscured and then a 3 + if you manage to hide 75 % or so. At least thats how it looks from the pictures on the vehicle cover page, which i don't remember the page number.
I was thinking smoke but haven't been with the new rules -that- long.

Was hoping to at least see an Excorcist on the list of "tanks".
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-18-12, 01:44 PM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

Has anyone reported GW to trading standards yet? False advertising is an offence, and they could be forced to correct the text and make an apology...

All that is important is known.
Praxis

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode