6th too H:FY? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

View Poll Results: Xenos too insignificant in the new BRB?
Totally. Xenos races are completely underrepresented. 26 55.32%
Nope. Just the right balance of humans and xenos. 21 44.68%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-13-12, 10:13 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Angel View Post
Uh, what? What limitations?
Probably the loss of infiltrator and outflanker assaults.

Last edited by Zion; 07-13-12 at 10:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-13-12, 10:26 PM
U Mad Bro?

Chaosftw's Flag is: Canada

Fluff: Not a single fuck was given
post #33 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-13-12, 10:31 PM
Nilador's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Probably the lose of infiltrator and outflanker assaults.
Don't forget defenders shooting in a charge, charge 2+ units no attack bonus, issuing challenges, look out sir, power weapons ap3+, and a few other things that i'd have to look up really half the book i disagreed with and saw as a fantasy mini me

post #34 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-13-12, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

Overwatch:
They hit you on 6. Also, they can only do it once a turn. If you are that worried about it, throw multiple units at them. 6th looks much more MSU-friendly.

Multi-assaults:
Don't multi-assault. The entire purpose of this rule is to prevent the broken conga-line tactic some particularly numerous armies can employ.

Challenges:
If someone is issuing a challenge, or accepting one, they are probably a CC character themselves. At worst, you now have to fight their character one on one instead of dogpiling him. At best, you just prevented his character from massacring your unit. If you really do build for CC, this is a godsend. The ability to take out the enemy general without interference? Yes please.

AP3 power weapons:
There isn't a lot in the game with a better save then 3+. The few exceptions are Terminators, Meganobz, Necron ICs, and a couple others. Everything else is power-weapon chow. For dealing with the previous threats, get some AP2 CC weapons like a Power Fist or something.

post #35 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-13-12, 11:13 PM

still don't fly with me I play GK and fight hord armies on the regular:hits on 6 still run on numbers, challenges are used to prevent me from attacking, charging multi-units is to save myself from being charged, look out sir works against me as much as it helps me, and power weapons are ment to be the bane of armor 2+ or otherwise some armies cant get powerfist or hammers so that effectivly screws them over. Really i see problems created more then fixed with this ed. i'm waiting for the new FAQ to be released now

post #36 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-13-12, 11:15 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Can I have your stuff?

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #37 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-13-12, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

Power weapons were far too godlike before, they have been nerfed. On the bright side, your paladins are immune to them now. Whats to complain about?

And LOS hurts you as much as it helps you, you say? Sounds like you are breaking even.

Was wondering when the GK players would start bitching about their army no longer being auto-win any more, and how they actually have to think about a list for more than the fifteen seconds it takes to write "paladins+psyflenauts" on a piece of paper. I feel really bad for GK, I really do. Now they have to come up with a strategy more complex than "Move towards the enemy". Poor GK.

post #38 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-13-12, 11:23 PM

i'm not going to get into a bitching contest with you point is this i see more problems then things to make the game fun for any of my armies and don't see 6th gen in my future games for a while

post #39 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-14-12, 12:18 AM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

this went off topic. however, i agree with the grey knight player. the new rules are pretty bad when it comes down to it. assault got wreaked (see nids, dark eldar, orks...), multiassault got wreaked (see dark eldar wytches. i feel bad for my friend's army. it was not typical dark eldar spam and is now pretty much useless) shooting got better (yay marines and necrons) flyers are scaring people (yay sales). magic is better (yay tyranids... yeah i know how fucked is that) vehicles are worse (yay tyranids... boo everyone else.)

instead of balancing the game; they just made new problems. the worst part is that it looks like gun lines are back. with all the mind numbing boredom that entails.

post #40 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-14-12, 12:32 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokis222 View Post
this went off topic. however, i agree with the grey knight player. the new rules are pretty bad when it comes down to it. assault got wreaked (see nids, dark eldar, orks...), multiassault got wreaked (see dark eldar wytches. i feel bad for my friend's army. it was not typical dark eldar spam and is now pretty much useless) shooting got better (yay marines and necrons) flyers are scaring people (yay sales). magic is better (yay tyranids... yeah i know how fucked is that) vehicles are worse (yay tyranids... boo everyone else.)

instead of balancing the game; they just made new problems. the worst part is that it looks like gun lines are back. with all the mind numbing boredom that entails.
Now how many games is this based on, or is this just based on hersay and the 5th Edition rules?

I think people forget that when an edition changes the way the game plays changes. 6th is not the same 40K game people played in 5th, and with it brings a restructuring on how you view an army.

I think there is a lot more balance in this edition that people think, they're just too busy looking at only what they see as negatives.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode