So how many points of Allies max do you feel should be included in a 2k list? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Since I purposely do not paint my plastic army men to match anything in lore the fluff can be anything I feel like at any given time. Not that I honestly care one way or another about fluff. I enjoy reading the books, I enjoy reading the background. I do not spend lots of money to recreate it. I go to my game store and play plastic army men, then I go back home and if I am bored I read up on the 40k universe.

I am seriously thinking of doing Tanith First and Only though just cause I like the books.

My point was you wanted a fluff reason they would be together, I gave you one. It is a perfectly valid reason that those two armies would work together, and what you might face on the game board has nothing to do with the personal fluff or your army if your inclined that way.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 09:10 AM
Feed

Settle down.

Lorewise the Grey Knights tend to be almost as secretive as the Dark Angels. I agree with Sakura the allies matrix makes little sense on some of the supposed brothers in arms.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 10:36 AM
Banned
Sakura_ninja's Flag is: England

Not just little sense, some make no sense, like crons and angels, or crons and anything, but thanks to wards stupidity and his hard on for retarded bullshit its apparently perfectly accepted.

Thankfully most cron players refuse to ally with anything.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 10:46 AM

Akhara'Keth's Flag is: Germany

Only really take the units you need. You'll soon find out that it is really hard to make them fir in a list and stil have eough synergy with your other units, especially if your Allies aren't Battle Brothers

Check out my German 40k Blog!!

http://tausend-tore.blogspot.de/
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 11:31 AM
Feed

As far as I can tell crons only have desperate alliance with a few armies at best. In terms of lore this is acceptable. I do not believe they should have any form of alliance with CSM, but them's the breaks.

The system is there, nobody is under any obligation to use it if they do not wish to.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Since the fluff of the game was not what I was asking about I will return to what I was discussing in the first place.

I have SW and I plan to do IG as allies. I was thinking of doing a small force of IG modeled after the Tanith First and Only. Most likly 2k points or under and I have been trying to decide how big of a IG force I should make while still having the SW be the primary.

In the long run I will probably expand the IG army to a full size army if I like how they play. This is never going to see the light of a tourny beyond the small get together and have pizza and beer tournys my FLGS do.

If your worried about the fluff of it, my armies are not actual armies from 40k. They are count as 'codex x' armies. If I ever bothered to do a real tourny I would fully flesh the made up fluff of them.

So Tanith are light infanty that like snipers, flamers, and auto cannons. I can probably make a decent representation of them with 1 large platoon? How many points would the various people here think of doing in a 2k game? Plan would probably be to start them on the board on average and bring in my SW via DP.

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 05:21 PM
Rattlehead

For the Tanith, I'd go for squads of Imperial Guard Veterans with Forward Sentires (camo-cloaks). If that's unavailable, I'd go for a Platoon Command Squad with attached Commissar with Plasma Pistol, and then five Infantry squads; a flamer/sniper in four squads, a Sniper and Missile Launcher/Autocannon manned by one guy on a big base in the 5th (Larkin and Bragg), a Heavy Bolter in one squad (the stubber crewed by the two hive-girls), and then a mix of Heavy Weapons in the other squads.

Also add a Lord Commissar with Camo-Cloak and Power Sword. Fluff-wise, they all have their own which is what provides the Stealth, but in game that's not an option so you'd have to run it as an attached Lord Commissar for the buff.

Oh, and take Marbo for Cuu, Mkvenner or Eszrah.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

The way the allies rules work I could take 2 vet squads max, or I could do a platoon and one vet squad. As to the suggestions of who and how to gear I agree with most of what you said but the larkin/bragg one. Unless the sniper rifle was just for show and it just counted as a autocannon HWT. Hmmm I need to dig out the codex and see how much all that costs.

Edit: Was considering a squad of 'counts as ratlings' for a sniper squad. Instead of Marbo.

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 05:30 PM
Rattlehead

I meant have a Sniper for Larkin, and then put one guy on a big base to represent Bragg.

Ratlings as the marksman division works too. Personally I'm thinking heavily on adding some Blood Pact to my Chaos army, with some Ogryns to represent once-wrought Stalkers with the Bone 'ead being a twice-wrought and Nork Deddog being a thrice-wrought.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Lord Commisar PW Camo Cloak

PSC Commisar Plasma Pistol

IS sniper heavy bolter
IS flamer auto cannon
IS flamer missile launcher
IS flamer auto cannon
IS sniper missile launcher

Hmm that comes out to 500 points.... I think I can tool up a 1500 list of SW around that...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode