40K: Really for me ? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

View Poll Results: Read the text below:
Am i a short tempered dickhole who also is a soreloser 9 40.91%
or is my brother a trollin dick 3 13.64%
other 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-29-12, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

Default 40K: Really for me ?

READ THIS FIRST

I have huge anger issues

my brother and i have tried a campaign with orks vs superfaggieultramarines and every fucking battle my brother gets first turn and obliterates everything that i could use to win.
my warboss has died every first turn (even when i stick him in a battle wagon) and so does my two ork boy squads(they just get killed and have to take a moral check and flee off the board)

the last battle was today and the leman russ(yes he has help from the ig) just killed the warboss a squad of boys and my lootas in the battlewagon in a single shot. then he taunts me and tells me that he is just gonna sit that tank there the whole game and kill everything. then the terminators (i have the worst luck imaginable) open up on the only other ork boy squad and cut down 7 of them. its sieze ground and now the only thing i ve got left is my grots to win this. OH no wait guess what ? his scouts are in LoS and pop up 6 of them and they flee(the nobs were right next to them and he could ave killed them but no)

so by this stage i only had 5 nobs 2 warbikes a wartrakk and a killa kan while my brother has a leman russ, captain dickfuck(sicarius) 5 termies,2 combat squads of marines, a whole guardsman squad,5 assault marines and ten scouts

so then i blow it and scream at him and fling the large blast template at the board destroying the warboss (i hadnt removed him at this stage) and scattering models everywhere
and the whole time my brother is laughing

so yeah... congratz if you read this whole thing

so heres the question
A)am i a short tempered buthole who is a soreloser
or
B)is my brother a trolling dickhole

and if i am option A then should i just stick to collecting and painting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".

Last edited by TechPr1est; 06-29-12 at 05:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-29-12, 06:08 AM
HOGGLORD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Location: That place, you know. That place you went to that one time, surely you remember?

I would say a bit of both. I personally don't see the point in just continually beating someone, it loses it's appeal very quickly. I am also aware that brothers can be total and complete dickheads who deliberately try to wind you up.

But, at the same time, a short temper does no one any favors unless you are at least 6'8, with massive beard and a club/axe, in that case, no one's going to argue with you anyway.

As annoying as this may sound, work on the temper in any way you can, but why not try a different game style, kill team's a good place to start IMO, smaller, no massive dick moves available. Ok, maybe a few, but not loads. At least try cityfight or something. Pitched battles are the death of most players, if they don't have a lot of long-ranged and mech firepower.

post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-29-12, 06:12 AM

Necrosis's Flag is: Canada

Maybe you should try another army.

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-29-12, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

yes you are both right
but
ive no cash and no job so im stuck with orks

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-29-12, 06:53 AM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

Are you playing the game properly?

If you make a mistake with some of the rules or don't have enough terrain then games can get really unejoyable real fast. So for starters limit him to using units from his own codex (or with 6th only being able to use allies properly) there's a reason why you can't mix and match units across codecies.

Secondly how much terrain are you using and what size board. Anything smaller than 4x4 or larger than 6x8 and you're going to get some skewed games. It's the same with terrain; too much and close combat armies dominate, too little and the game becomes a shooting gallery. Too much is better than too little however and so always be generous with the terrain amount. You should strive to have at least 25% of the board covered in terrain, of a variety of types. So that mean los blocking and non los blocking, area terrain and non area terrain.

I really can't stress enough how much a difference the amount of terrain on the board makes to a game.

Also make sure you're getting the rules right. One battlecannon shot killing both your vehicle, the troops inside and nearby troops is incredibly lucky or there's some rules confusion going on. The tank can only shoot one target, the battlewagon or the nearby lootas. If it kills the battlewagon it can't use it's other weapons to kill the occupants. If your transport blows up with troops inside it's only a 5+ to wound them, they then get their saves.

As to anger issues, throwing the template at the board was poor form and bad sportsmanship. That said it can get frustrating losing continually especially if your opponents rubs it in, as brothers are want to do. He also shouldn't have been taunting you. Remember we aim to win but we play the game to have fun.

post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-29-12, 07:19 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think REMS has pretty much hit the nail on the head, it certainly sounds like your getting the thin end of the wedge and the cards are stacked in your brothers favour, without looking at your exact lists its hard to tell but for the sake of fairness he shouldnt have the IG units on the table to start with, even under the new 6th edition i think he would need to tweek his list to have them as allies,but thats another story.

but that said its difficult to see how he killed a battle wagon,warboss,unit of boys and a unit of lootaz with a single shot, granted its a large blast shot but even so. Anyway maybe if you give us a more detailed description people maybe able to point out if the rules were being applied correctly and some tactical tips to help you next time.

throwing templates and whipping your opponent with the red measuring sticks is unacceptable unless its a sibling as they are fair game.

is your brother older or younger than yourself? and how old are you because if my memory serves your still at school?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-29-12, 07:35 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Ah Grasshopper it is the honour which you deal with your losses that is the mark of a man.
Sure you're getting a caning right now but just focus on how great it will when, and I mean when, you get you're first win against him!
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-29-12, 07:38 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
Ah Grasshopper it is the honour which you deal with your losses that is the mark of a man.
Sure you're getting a caning right now but just focus on how great it will when, and I mean when, you get you're first win against him!
or he could just piss in his shoes

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-29-12, 07:44 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Certainly geurilla style retribution has its attractions, no honour tho' and you then have spend the rest of your life with you own shoes under lock and key.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-29-12, 07:49 AM

Phrazer's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
or he could just piss in his shoes
Deep routed sibling issues from childhood anyone??? lol

Real Men/Women/Aliens/Heretics/Warp Spawned Filth/Big Scary Space Monsters play Battlefleet Gothic... why dont you???

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode