What Allies will you buy? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-12, 04:35 AM Thread Starter

Obinhi's Flag is: USA

Default What Allies will you buy?

So I have been giving some thinking time over to the whole allied FoC stuff that'll be going on here soon and I wanted to know what everyone else was planning to get if anything.

I have Orks and IG so I am thinking Tau because they can form an alliance with both armies (If the rumors hold up). I also like bolstering the already shooty as hell aspect of the IG with some longer range death, and having some accurate range for the orks. Even if I have to keep the Tau 6 inches away from the Orks that should be a simple matter of good deployment and getting the orks stuck in.

I was thinking maybe SW or GKs but that would only be good for the IG aspect and to keep the off base commander (see 'wife') happy. I like to have an army that I could play in any type of tourniment right off the bat, so I tend to go nuts buying a full 300 dollar force all at once. With the allies I could start with 18 fire warriors and 4 crisis suits.

So for me it is going to be tau to start with, and then I think I may expand into a SM type army that can be allies with both tau and IG. I love my orks but they really are a fun army, when I want to stomp ass I have the IG for that.

What does the rest of Heresy think about this?

The IG are proof that good things come to us who wait. I've been Guard since 3rd ed. I been in the store and remember getting 5 boxes of men (when they came in 20 man boxes) 3 Commissars and praying that I might survive til turn 4. I've stuck it out, and you know what I have to say? WHO'S DYING NOW HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-12, 04:46 AM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

i wont buy something BECAUSE of allies, ill just buy some stuff to add to my existing armies and mix with each other...or a new codex comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-12, 05:20 AM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

I'm actually using the allies rule as an excuse to buy some new units. Will be getting BA, BT, IG(although, not going to start an IG army), and SW to go with my GK's. I really want to start a SW and termi BA armies though. So I figure I can buy a few of one (BA for example) and use them as allies until I build up their army.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-12, 05:26 AM

Kelann08's Flag is: USA

I'll be working to link my existing armies to new ones using the allies rule. I have Imperial Fists right now. The next step is to incorporate some IG - maybe some big blobs and a commissar. I do so love Gaunt's Ghosts. I'll be working to paint the army in a way that it can double as a Traitor Guard army and then transition into Chaos Marines of some kind. From there, I work on a Demons contingent. Its like Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon...but with 40K.

~600 points of Necrons - Phase 1
1500 points of Imperial Fists - Pictures Coming Soon

Do you live in the Dallas, TX area and love tabletop tactica? Check out Dallas Area Wargamers on Facebook.
We are working to become a community of wargamers from all over the area as well as a resource for those looking to enter wargaming for the first time.

The Emperor commands us. Dorn guides us. Honour shields us.
Fear our name, for it is vengeance.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-12, 09:52 AM

Antonius's Flag is: United Kingdom

For my 2k IG list, i might add a razorback to my SM list (or realise i already had one, courtesy of a whirlwind and a Godhammer Landraider), so that i can have a small SM contingent to follow my mech force. I will then integrate a small SM contingent with a vindicator/ Predator to complement the mech army. The thought of TH/SS terminator deathstars did come across my mind, but then i am seriously detracting from the IG component of my list (and i kinda wanted to play IG because of their human aspect and their tanks, and i have slowly abandoned my marines to decline because of a weak list).

And the smaller the marine contingent, i could say they were a small force dispatched to rally and lead the scattered IG force to victory.

General Antonius, Task force Iron Storm cmdr, Cadian 9th Mechanised Infantry Rgt.

WHAT, I CAN'T HAVE MORE THAN SIX MANTICORES!

I'm facing NECRONS

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode