Daemon Armies - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-31-12, 06:17 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisissuitguy View Post
Skarbrand and Fateweaver make an excellent duo. Last weekend I played in a 1750 tournament and ran them both in a 50/50 tzeentch and Khorne themed army. I Won all 3 games, so needless to say it was pretty awesome. Skarbrand's rerolls in combat made my bloodletters unstoppable. And Fateweaver's rerolls keep himself and Skarbrand survivable.
Also lucky you didn't run into a good space wolves or imperial guard player. Take down fateweaver with missiles/ autocannons/ lascannons and the list crumbles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-31-12, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I will go for a mixed army, so far I have the greater Daemon model I linked, along with the Herald that comes with it, a Blood Slaughterer and 5 seekers, I wanted to get some troops next in the form of pink horrors and plague bearers since I read they are best to go in the first wave.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-31-12, 10:59 PM

crisissuitguy's Flag is: USA

No actually I faced two guard players where fateweaver was constantly bombarded by auto cannons and multi lasers :D my 3++ re rollable made almost every saving throw each game. Over the course of all 3 games, fateweaver only took 2 wounds!

There's no such thing as too many crisis suits.

Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for The Skull Throne, and Lolz for the Laughing god

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-01-12, 11:13 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well, you being lucky, and not playing Grey Knights, don't exactly make 3 games adequate sample size...
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-01-12, 12:11 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisissuitguy View Post
No actually I faced two guard players where fateweaver was constantly bombarded by auto cannons and multi lasers :D my 3++ re rollable made almost every saving throw each game. Over the course of all 3 games, fateweaver only took 2 wounds!
Did he die from either of those wounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-01-12, 12:17 PM

jpunk's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just as a point of interest, I acquired that Khorne daemon prince model for christmas last year, and have built a 1500 mono-khorne army around it. 3 units of bletters, 2 units of 4 blushers*, 1 unit of flesh hounds, prince, herald, karanak, and skulltaker on a juggernaut. No shooting whatsoever (if you don't count skulltakers brass skull), just pure face eating CC goodness. It only cost me 150 quid in total and is going to be both a fun and friendly army, and a damn good base to build a chaos army around.

*might as well follow a naming convention ad absurdiam, no?
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-01-12, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I actually read about Malice last night and it stated when they do use daemons (Sons of Malice) the Daemons have clothing or such in the colours of Malice, so could use every daemon but make sure they having some part of black and white, although that would probably look a little iffy.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-01-12, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpunk View Post
Just as a point of interest, I acquired that Khorne daemon prince model for christmas last year, and have built a 1500 mono-khorne army around it. 3 units of bletters, 2 units of 4 blushers*, 1 unit of flesh hounds, prince, herald, karanak, and skulltaker on a juggernaut. No shooting whatsoever (if you don't count skulltakers brass skull), just pure face eating CC goodness. It only cost me 150 quid in total and is going to be both a fun and friendly army, and a damn good base to build a chaos army around.

*might as well follow a naming convention ad absurdiam, no?
How do you deal with mech? Last time I tried mostly khorne it was vs. a 2500point Mech Black Templar list. Had to quit on round 3.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-01-12, 03:03 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by oftenwrong View Post
How do you deal with mech? Last time I tried mostly khorne it was vs. a 2500point Mech Black Templar list. Had to quit on round 3.
Run at the enemy screaming and swinging swords I'd imagine. It's about the only possible solution for many Daemon units, especially Khornate ones.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-01-12, 03:12 PM

Daemons have a real sweet spot for army size more than any other army really. They don't work well at low points values due to not being able to take enough useful things or high due to too many vehicles.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode