Which race should be updated next? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 11:22 PM

Pssyche's Flag is: England

Space Marines
Grey Knights
Dark Angels
Grey Knights
Grey Knights
Space Marines

In that order.

Though I take your life, I promise you the stars...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 11:27 PM

jaysen's Flag is: USA

Here's the post on the matter, I put up a while ago. It's based on how old current codices are.

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...t=95368&page=5

According to that, Black Templars are due.
post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 11:31 PM

jaysen's Flag is: USA

I really don't mind the current SoB models or dex, if it was just affordable. Give us a $30 boxset of a 10 sister squad, and I'll play them again.

post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-29-12, 03:27 AM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysen View Post
I really don't mind the current SoB models or dex, if it was just affordable. Give us a $30 boxset of a 10 sister squad, and I'll play them again.
Unfortunately, I think GW has decided to let SoB die. It really does suck, because the army has some wonderful potential.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-29-12, 07:10 AM

Marius_Ruberu's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmuffin View Post
Wrong on both counts, BT still have the cheapest speeders and are the only codex that can take 2 cyclones per termie unit
Thanks for the correction mcmuffin, I need it every once in a while. But I still stand that the Templars need to be updated. The cyclones on the speeders are different then the updated ones and I think the old ones are worse than the new. The apothecary still uses the old rules and does not give his unit feel no pain which sucks. The predator is still the old fashion one which can be alittle more expesive then the newer ones, which negates the fact that I save points on the speeders now.

3000 Grey Knights
2500 Imperial Fists
1500 Imperial Guard Mech
1000 Tau
1500 Dark Eldar
1000 Nids
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-29-12, 08:25 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius_Ruberu View Post
Thanks for the correction mcmuffin, I need it every once in a while. But I still stand that the Templars need to be updated. The cyclones on the speeders are different then the updated ones and I think the old ones are worse than the new. The apothecary still uses the old rules and does not give his unit feel no pain which sucks. The predator is still the old fashion one which can be alittle more expesive then the newer ones, which negates the fact that I save points on the speeders now.
This was all fixed in an official errata over a year ago.
post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-29-12, 09:07 AM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius_Ruberu View Post
Everything you have mentioned here has been covered and updated in the FAQ. Cyclones and typhoons are updated to the new ones, the apothecary has been updated, the BT pred can take PotMS, which is a pretty big advantage. Termies with cyclones can have tank hunters, so 4 S9 shots per unit, which is pretty good. all in all the codex is still solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-29-12, 10:13 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon Dan View Post
Unfortunately, I think GW has decided to let SoB die. It really does suck, because the army has some wonderful potential.
Source? Because the last rumors I heard had models at least attempting to be developed and GW saying they weren't going to pull another Squat manuever on anything with a codex at the time (which includes Sisters).

Seriously, can we go more than a page when someone mentions Sisters before someone brings up that GW is going to get rid of them? If GW got rid of every under-performing/underselling army we'd be playing Marines vs Marines in SPAAAAAAACE not 40K.
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-29-12, 10:16 AM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

It is like Godwin's law, except about squats. As an internet discussion about 40k goes on, the probability of someone mentioning squats approaches 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-29-12, 10:19 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmuffin View Post
It is like Godwin's law, except about squats. As an internet discussion about 40k goes on, the probability of someone mentioning squats approaches 1.
And when Sisters are mentioned the probability of Squats being mentioned or implied becomes 2-300% more likely.

Seriously, one of the Developers HAS a Sisters army. Why would they squat them if one of them actually collects/plays them?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode