Space Wolves Rant, mainly their Long Fangs - Page 18 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 201 (permalink) Old 03-07-12, 10:51 PM

Answer to that question is easy.

Love for SW is off the scale; therefore the codex gets bummed to high heaven.

Simples.

All of this has happened before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 201 (permalink) Old 03-08-12, 08:25 AM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfAbsolution View Post
but yeah this thread has gone completely off the rails here, I don't know why it got into a massive discussion about Dakka and Choppa'. But if it is off the rails I might as well go off some more rails too. I foudn a thread earlier by Sir_m1ke making a 5th ed Eldar codex and I liked the idea behind the Farseer and Warseer HQs, don't get me wrong Eldritch storm and mind war are cool, but I look at some powers others have *cough* Njal *cough* and I'm just sat there like 'you bitch'... I want awesome powers of death and doom, I'm Eldar why don't we get death and doom powers?
So you want eldrad to not work for 3 turns if you go second and not be able to use his special powers from the vehicle he is in? Fine. Njal is poor enough unless you are a very good player, paying almost 250pts for a model with no invulnerable save and 2 wounds is not my idea of a great unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #173 of 201 (permalink) Old 03-08-12, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

LordOfAbsolution's Flag is: United Kingdom

not saying Njal is better than Eldrad, Eldrad pwns all the same, but I mean like to have moer flavour, those roll a D3+ turn number powers Njal gets are pretty cool, and not too sure about the chaos book not looked at it in a while, but the basic SM 'dex has like close to a dozen powers not sure how many the BA or normal Run priests get. But yeah mainly just more flavour and such than to different powers, like I said sir_m1ke did one a while back that had tons more powers, and more effective, powerful powers, and be the true master psyker race that they are.

this is mainly a wishlisting post here, like I look at the SW run priest powers and the GK liby powers and they are all pretty cool, yeah the Eldar powers are pretty cool too, and I'm not saying I just want copy/paste powers from the space marines. mainly just want more flavour and options behind the master psykers of the galaxy.

"By the Grace of the Emperor we live, By his will he shatter the Horrors of the Warp, with our blades we will cleanse the galaxy!" - Lord Commander Dominicus of the Saints of Absolution.

"The Emperor is the god of all Mankind, and we, are his lightning bolts that strike down his enemies" - from the book of Absolution

Last edited by LordOfAbsolution; 03-08-12 at 11:26 AM.

post #174 of 201 (permalink) Old 03-08-12, 11:28 AM

CaptainQuackers's Flag is: Australia

I agree with you there. Eldar need more psychic powers, they are supposed to be the ultimate psychic power. But, that is a problem with most races. Nearly all races are lacking in their flavour, but that is GW's fault not the fault of Space Wolf players. And yeah, Njal is a piece of shit from what I've seen.
post #175 of 201 (permalink) Old 03-08-12, 12:02 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuackers View Post
And yeah, Njal is a piece of shit from what I've seen.
This is amusing to me.

Does anyone else remember the QQfest over Njal's rumored rules back before the Space Wolf Codex came out (the accurate ones, not the massively exaggerated rumors I mean)? A few especially shitty tournaments were considering banning him before the book even came out. Funny how opinions can change so drastically.
post #176 of 201 (permalink) Old 03-08-12, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

LordOfAbsolution's Flag is: United Kingdom

aye Space Wolf players are just fanatical metal vikings but yeah I think Njals that typical awesome idea they have in the office that is then poorly executed in the book and shows it in the game, much like Triarch preatorians and the like.

it's a shame really, I suppose like everything else they strive to make them decent in the game (what's the point of putting them in the book otherwise) but theres just that 'one' thing that puts people off using the unit, whether it be points to stats or what not.

"By the Grace of the Emperor we live, By his will he shatter the Horrors of the Warp, with our blades we will cleanse the galaxy!" - Lord Commander Dominicus of the Saints of Absolution.

"The Emperor is the god of all Mankind, and we, are his lightning bolts that strike down his enemies" - from the book of Absolution

Last edited by LordOfAbsolution; 03-08-12 at 12:06 PM.
post #177 of 201 (permalink) Old 03-08-12, 12:23 PM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

Wait, wait wait....

Space wolves have units other than RP, LFS, and GHs? WHAT?!
post #178 of 201 (permalink) Old 03-08-12, 12:29 PM

CaptainQuackers's Flag is: Australia

I know it's hard to believe, but some of us like to build unique lists, and the added bonus of not being screamed at by neck beards is just gravy.
post #179 of 201 (permalink) Old 03-08-12, 01:03 PM

CE5511's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuackers View Post
I know it's hard to believe, but some of us like to build unique lists, and the added bonus of not being screamed at by neck beards is just gravy.
I think he was being sarcastic lol!
post #180 of 201 (permalink) Old 03-08-12, 01:52 PM
Angel Sanguine

Tossidin's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravner298 View Post
Wait, wait wait....

Space wolves have units other than RP, LFS, and GHs? WHAT?!
Well we have the rhino and razorback too!

Carry The Emperors Will as your torch!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode