When old trolls ruin it for kids.... - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-08-12, 10:16 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Im always amazed at the frequency that these "situations" appear to happen and then need to be reported on forums,dont get me wrong the guy may have acted like a dick, but we only have the version of events given by the original poster(from another forum), I dont see that we can simply trust someones version of events when they feel "little johhny" was all upset etc etc. the more likely scenario is the place of gaming has rules about what can be used on the board, someone rolls up with a poor ass cardboard tank,organiser says "you cant use that, it has to be a GW model or coversion of GW model" card board tank boy goes home in a huff and invents a story and posts it online.
I mean look at it, made the tank from GW boxes and then when challenged he scraped the paint away to reveal a GW logo?????? its a fecking set up story

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-08-12, 10:27 PM

CraftworldSurathin's Flag is: USA

The only complaint I'd understand about a cardboard tank is if the dimensions were completely off, as it would change the way the game is played.

I have a sizable Eldar force, but now I'm building Space Wolves for 6th. Thinking of doing it as a Project Log, please message me w/tips, ideas, or just things you'd like to see!
post #13 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-08-12, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

ARMORMAN's Flag is: USA

Was not my nephew (he's 2), it was a guy on another forum I'm a part of who had this happen to his nephew.

post #14 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-08-12, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
I mean look at it, made the tank from GW boxes and then when challenged he scraped the paint away to reveal a GW logo?????? its a fecking set up story
Actually, I know of guys who have done this and had the same situation happen. THe difference is that the GM usually relents at the site of a GW box part. Having met some of these....interesting people, I believe that this could (and probably did) happen.

As far as paper being as good as plastic.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ftiso.jpg (84.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg bkiso2w.jpg (44.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg medusaclrside.jpg (44.9 KB, 12 views)
post #15 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-08-12, 11:04 PM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

im quite shocked by this really, i personally run a club and would never dream of telling anyone who enjoys the hobby they couldnt use something, as u pointed out conversions are encouraged, and it a real shame that your nephew has been put off the hobby.
post #16 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-08-12, 11:19 PM

If I could make paper thanks that good I'd make a cut out book of it and sell them.
post #17 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-08-12, 11:26 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

I agree. That is a damn good cutout tank.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #18 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-09-12, 12:19 AM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Was it a GW store? I know that kind of thing wouldn't fly there.

I'm with B&K. We're getting a 4th person one-sided story.

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #19 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-09-12, 01:23 AM

Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
Gen.ahab is correct the man is a cunt and deserves shot with a ball of his own shite!! the man could have easily admired the effort in the scratch build and told your nephew that he couldn't wait to see how he do on a proper model when he got a chance and encouraged the kid, but no he acted like an elitist wanker. Continue to support and encourage your nephew please don't let that asshole put someone off a great hobby.
This is the right answere. Try to get that kid back into the Hobby. Dont let this asshole win. At the very least play some home games or with trusted friends and encourage the kid again. Assholes like this are a blight and unfortunate part of the hobby/game. Dont let them win.
post #20 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-09-12, 02:18 AM Thread Starter

Let me clarify some points:

The child is NOT my nephew. I currently have an email into the uncle to try to get some more information.

The Medusa is mine, I posted it to point out that if done correctly, a paper or mixed media kit can be as good as a plastic kit.

Third, I agree that this is coming second (or third) hand, which is why I am seeking information. The problem is, as I have previously stated, there ARE people like this GM who feel the need to be superior, right, or whatever. We (as in all of us who game) need to be on the lookout for these types of individuals and derail them before something like this happens. It does no one any good. Not the reputation of the GW, the shop, or our fellow gamers. Just food for thought.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode