When old trolls ruin it for kids.... - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-15-12, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
You got that so wrong im gonna give you rep
LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-15-12, 09:23 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

at my store/club the guy would get his ego stripped of him by my boss (somehow he's good at that) and he would get a serious warning (after 3 warnings you are banned from the store) and this might even have counted as two warnings..that behaviour is unaccaptable in a civilised land.
post #103 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-15-12, 10:09 PM

The_Hive_Emperor's Flag is: USA

It seems that most shops are very different from the one I frequent. The "rules" for the gaming floor are the "if the opponent agrees" clause that pops up through the the rule book. That is to say the owners don't really get involved (other than "put a coaster under that drink!"). We never have had any serious problems. I started playing about 5 or 6 years ago, at about 13 or 14 (I was a freshman in highschool, and now I'm a freshman in college to give you a better idea). My first experience playing was one of the regulars setting up a little bit of terrain, giving me a squad of SM and my buddy a small squad of about 12 gaurdsman, and he walked us threw the different phases, moving through cover, leadership, ect. and it was a lot of fun. I think that is the answer to ARMORMAN's question on how to motivate new players. It's not up to the store, it's up to us, the members of this community, to reach out and help to get people into the game.

That being said sometimes you just leave new people to their own devices. There is a kid who started playing at my local store last year and he drove everyone crazy. He was a in middle school (junior-high) and was extremely obnoxious. He would walk up to a game in progress pick up a model to look at it and place down in a completely different spot. He whined when his models were killed in combat. My friend and I would groan to ourselves when he walked in because he really detracted from the fun of being at the shop. So I never really showed him the ropes, just kept to myself and my game The most contact I really had with him was asking him to put my models down when he would pick them up. I don't know if this is overly dickish to say, but there are just some people who I don't particularly want in the hobby. Now to be fair he is a kid and he could very possibly mellow out over time, at which time I would gladly play against him, but not at this point.

Blood Angels(3000-4000pts)- W11-L4-D6 (Plog updated 1/30/12)
Tyranids(750 pts)- W3-L1-D1
Space Wolves(about 1200 pts) W4-L1-D1 (Plog updated 2/15/12)

post #104 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-16-12, 07:57 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

you know GW put those red measuring sticks in the starter sets for people who pick up other peoples models dont you?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #105 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-16-12, 08:43 AM

Nicholas Hadrian's Flag is: USA

My god. I want to gut this man.

He should burn for acting like this.

I am sick of superior assholes treating other people in the hobby like this, having been on the reciving end of it and having seen it before.

In my case, I was a fairly new player, only just started playing, and had been for about six months, getting in a game maybe every two weeks, nice and friendly for the most part, even though I sucked at it.

Then I make a mistake and accepted the offer of a game from a guy (aptly named Richard, you can guess why) who made it his hobby to try and drive me out of the shop by giving me shit about my army fluff, dictating what I could and could not do.

I went up against him, accidentally made a misinterpretation of Sicarius' Rules (that I had not used previously, preferring to use a homebrew character I had made) and thought his powersword was mastercrafted.

It wasn't, I apologized, removed one die from the ones I was rolling, Richard took 10 minutes to berate me about how I should have every single rule in the book for every model completely commited to memory.

I quit the game, he told me I was a whiny bitch, I told him to go to hell.

Let's not tolerate this sort of behavior from supposedly grown men,

Because, while I do like all you guys, really I do, but the sheer superiority that you all seem to have with your interpretation of the story manifesting as it ALWAYS being "The spoiled kid," "that little preteen asshole who doesn't understand" or some other amalagamation baffles me.

Someone in this thread pointed out that it was about maturity and not age, but the fact is you guys keep conflating age with maturity! At my own shop I have seen far more immature 28 year olds than I have immature 12 year olds (got at least three or four of them who just use the tables, occasionally go up against a vet, all very nice and civil, never really bother anybody.)

I love the hobby too, and seeing a poorly assembled model or one put together without care bugs me.

But the fact is we were ALL the little 13 year old who had no money for an army and couldn't paint or model right at some point in our lives, even if we were 5 or 25 at the time.

So I say give the story the benefit of the doubt. From personal experience I speak here, there are alot of assholes out there who really push how much better they are than you because they've been doing it longer. There is one in every group from what I see.

So, let try not to turn into him instead.

(And for the record, you ever notice how "adult" humor usually tends to be considerably more immature and childish than child humor? Food for thought.)
(Addendum, since Bits and Kits managed to respond to my earlier rant before I edited out the mention of torches and pitchforks and tried to actually give a more meaningful argument, here it is for him. "Let go buy our torches and pitchforks!")

Veiw my Blood Ravens army in army showcase!

Do you ever go into a fight thinking there's no point giving my best, I'll get another chance later? We only ever get one shot, Marlin. Life is one shot. Making it count is all that matters.
+++ Skold Greypelt of the Space Wolves on Shadrac to Sergeant Marlin of the Xth Slavok Regiment +++

Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin.
+++ Captain Eddan Bourne, No. 2 Assault Company, Silver Skulls +++

Last edited by Nicholas Hadrian; 01-16-12 at 09:35 AM.
post #106 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-16-12, 09:18 AM
nice boy, daft though !

as long as they are GW pitchforks and torches you will be fine, if you scratchbuild one from a GW box i will yell at you !!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #107 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-16-12, 09:35 AM

the-ad-man's Flag is: United Kingdom

lulz, this thread is still going?

Ive started to update this project loge again, you should all check it out. it has some stupid things on it, and some fun things on it haha

Order of the Crimson Dawn (Rogue trader pirates, using Coteaz henchmen spam rules)

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=96746
post #108 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-16-12, 09:36 AM

From the looks of it I gotta just re-post instead of going back in editing. People never re-read it seems.

EDIT: So much for saving space I just post my thoughts as they come...along... aww crap.

Do you ever go into a fight thinking there's no point giving my best, I'll get another chance later? We only ever get one shot, Marlin. Life is one shot. Making it count is all that matters.
+++ Skold Greypelt of the Space Wolves on Shadrac to Sergeant Marlin of the Xth Slavok Regiment +++

post #109 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-16-12, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
as long as they are GW pitchforks and torches you will be fine, if you scratchbuild one from a GW box i will yell at you !!!
Bah, you yell at me, I yell back. Never did take shit from no-one, not even at 10. More than likely I would have been the guy going up to the asshole to tell him to behave himself.

post #110 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-16-12, 11:01 AM
nice boy, daft though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Hadrian View Post
Bah, you yell at me, I yell back. Never did take shit from no-one, not even at 10. More than likely I would have been the guy going up to the asshole to tell him to behave himself.
you havent read through the entire thread have you?

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode