1750 Tourney what to play? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-11, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

LordofFenris's Flag is: USA

Default 1750 Tourney what to play?

Hey all

I'm playing in a 1750pt tournament in Jan, but I'm not sure which army to play. I have:

Guard (mix of vehicle and foot)
Blood Angels (mostly jump packs and Baal Preds)
C:SM Salamanders (Yes with Vulkan)
CSM (All Infantry)

I've never played even a regular game at this point level and I have no idea which army is more effective. If anyone has experience or suggestions on which army is better at this point level, please drop a post.

"Take a moment, please. Ponder the depths of your insignificance."

"It would be disappointing if you were unable to overcome this simplest of defenses. Hilarious, but disappointing."

Crimson Fists (C:SM)
Necrons
Khorne Daemonkin

Other
WARMAHORDES (Skorne, Blindwater Congregation, Retribution of Scyrah)
DROPZONE COMMANDER (PHR)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-11, 08:36 PM

crisissuitguy's Flag is: USA

Well most tournaments have set gameplay already, such as capturing objectives, so I've found a good mix in infantry and heavy tanks a good plan. As a chaos player, I've found my thousand suns ridiculously good at holding objectives and defeating high value infantry with their AP 3 shells. If you can hold the line with infantry such as the Blood Angels, and the Tanks can keep anything heavier at bay. Through Tau and Chaos I've found this to work well. In Tau, Fire warriors with Pulse Carbines were mobile units that pinned to keep them out of combat on objectives. With Rail Gun submunition rounds and solid shots to punch through any tanks that posed a threat. With Chaos the Infantry is well rounded and strong enough to hold objectives very well. And a recent example: yesterday I played a game with my best friend and he went to contest an objective held by my Thousand Sons with Lynchguard and his Pheron and the Sorcerer Insta-Killed his Pheron twice with his force weapon (reanimation-protocols). And the power weapon attacks were bounced off by the TS 4+ Invul throw.

There's no such thing as too many crisis suits.

Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for The Skull Throne, and Lolz for the Laughing god
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-11, 08:53 PM

Silens's Flag is: Wales

I'd go for Guard... Presuming you've got the numbers. I understand that guard, played well, can be absolutely devastating. The enemy can only fire so many shots per turn, and at IG prices per man, it'd be pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
"Look they got a-OH MY GOD I'M ON FIRE FOR THE LOVE OF NAKED SANTA IT HURTS!"

Last edited by Silens; 12-23-11 at 08:56 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode