Bike Commander decision - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-11, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Default Bike Commander decision

Hello,

I'm trying to make a final decision before making a purchase. I'm wanting to build up a SM bike army for my Crimson Fist. I had originally thought of building Khan on Moondrakken but after reading Tactica: Space Marine Bike Armies by Epatus I'm not so sure Khan is the route I want to take. Furthermore, I've found a cheap Whitescars Bike Commander at my LGS that I planned on using as Khan.
What I'd like to know is does this model offer a helmet head or is it just the bare head? Does it have customization options?

Any info will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-11, 02:02 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

If you mean the one with the Power Lance, then it's just the bare head.

It is a basic marine bike sprue and a biker sprue, with a metal, single pose, single piece Commander, Metal buckler/Combat Shield, Metal Saddlebags, and Metal Windshield/Moulded armour piece.

As for how you want to use Khan, how do you intend to use him? I find he's fantastic leading a tooled up Command Squad, and using them as bait to tempt away the AP3 weaponry away from the bike squads, but at "only" 205points, he adds a fair amount of hitting power to just a standard bike squad - bearing in mind they're relentless, and have Twin Linked Bolt Guns, with a S5 I5 charge, they can put out a decent amount of damage against light infantry.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-11, 05:56 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Plus with hit & run they can be opportunistic and target weaker troops choices, heavy support or infiltrators etc. I'd recommend taking Khan with a biker command squad with 2x melta, meltabombs, power fist, then maybe a power weapon or something similar.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-11, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

I'll have to look into that, I like to evaluate my options in advance before making purchases. I may go ahead and do Khan on the bike and just build a bike captain later. I like having open options when it comes to building an army or squad.

So, the White Scars commander is one solid piece, ARM moulded to body?

Last edited by Jace of Ultramar; 11-08-11 at 06:08 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-11, 03:24 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yep, unfortunately.

You can just always count Khan as a basic commander - after all, a Commander on a Bike is 135pts without upgrades. If you upgrade him, the Relic Blade is almost a must have choice, and a 2+ Armour Save protects against Instagibbing Missiles, while a Storm Shield protects against Lascannons and Demolishers. If you go for Relic Blade, Storm Shield, Artificer Armour, and Bike - that's about 190pts IIRC, for 15 points more, you can make a more powerful unit. In the event of a command squad, you drop a Power Weapon for the upgrade to Khan - who will more than make up for it with Furious Charge and Hit and Run.

If you meant for a secondary commander, then I'd recommend either a Chaplain (for a very nasty command squad - Reroll to hit with S5 Power Weapons/S9 THams = Nasty) or a Librarian (for Psyker defence), rather than a Captain, as they have relatively little to bring a squad buffed by Khan himself.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode