Basing minis - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-11, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Default Basing minis

Hello,

The time when I will need to base my minis is drawing closer. Is there a particular kit anyone can recommend? I like how nice some of the bases look that people do however, I'm not skilled in the detail of slapping the base together before assembling the mini and then painting. All my minis are based right now and I suspect doing the rocks and grass bit will be the route I take. I've noticed Michaels has terrain kits for school projects, has anyone used these before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-11, 02:35 PM

Weapon's Flag is: Ireland

I bought the 40K basing kit (The one with rocks and stuff) and I was very happy with the actual basing material (Rocks) and thought that the Gold trim thingys were okay.

The resin bases were utterly shit though, they needed way too much work and too much detail melted down into the base for it to look good.

I might still use the resin bases, but they'll need a lot of shading to black out the lack of detail in places.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-11, 02:49 PM

jaysen's Flag is: USA

I'm lazy so I buy the premolded resin bases from dragonforge.com. They are $1 per 25mm and $1.50 for 40mm.
http://www.dragonforge.com/Painting%...ming_bases.htm

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-11, 07:10 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

i went to my local hobby store (not game store) and bought a couple of bassalt (or whatever its called) gains - basically the stuff the model train people use. bought a couple of different colors/sizes and then put them into a washed out pickle/applesauce jar and shook them up. put watered down elmers glue on base. dip the model into the jar. done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-11, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
i went to my local hobby store (not game store) and bought a couple of bassalt (or whatever its called) gains - basically the stuff the model train people use. bought a couple of different colors/sizes and then put them into a washed out pickle/applesauce jar and shook them up. put watered down elmers glue on base. dip the model into the jar. done.
Sweet. I may do just that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode