The Official Matt Ward Hate Page - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 296 (permalink) Old 10-31-11, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Invent your own crazy Ward rules

Well the new Necrons are almost here and Matt Ward has invented yet another crazy rule as well as having committed the almost unforgivable sin (and I say this because he isn't alone in reinventing the Necrons) of making souless robots designed to kill into a fascimile of what happens when Data's emotion chip goes bad while he's playing Sherlock Holmes and the case of the ancient Egyptian Terminator. Yes our souless Necrons now have feelings

Anyway one character, Trazyn the infinite, can apparently kill entire units in one go (check out the Necron rumour section for more on this abomination). So to celebrate the latest craziness to come out of the Matt Wardrobe (sorry, no more stupid jokes from now on), I've decided to ask what all of you on Heresy think might be future crazy rules from dear Matt. Personally I hope he writes a Chaos Marine codex so we can see the following for Dreadnaughts.

Rolling a one - a result of one sees the Dreadnaught's pilot go berserk and fire at every enemy unit that is within range and line of sight.

Rolling a six - a result of six sees the Dreadnaught's pilot go berserk and assault in sequence every enemy unit within 12".

My painting log - Misadventures of a Cack-Handed Painter: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=93419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gochu85
I am enjoying all of your articles. Thank you for your help. I hope I can use your tactics along with what I learn from experience to strike fear of green in to my enemies hearts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 296 (permalink) Old 10-31-11, 01:12 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

A new unit to the codex can now feel. That is not a rule anyways that would fall under fluff. Seriously if you are going to knock a guy, at least do it right.
post #3 of 296 (permalink) Old 10-31-11, 01:13 AM
Eastern Potent

Lord Sven Kittyclaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
A new unit to the codex can now feel. That is not a rule anyways that would fall under fluff. Seriously if you are going to knock a guy, at least do it right.
Could you translate the first part of that?

And I think your new rule is pretty fantastic. Here's hoping, then my uber expensive but uber shitty FW dreads will be useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
I'll update from Prisoner Cell Block Nerd when they extradite me.

post #4 of 296 (permalink) Old 10-31-11, 01:28 AM

ThoseKrazyKasrkin's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sven Kittyclaw View Post
Could you translate the first part of that?

And I think your new rule is pretty fantastic. Here's hoping, then my uber expensive but uber shitty FW dreads will be useful.
Hes Saying enough with the hating. Its just fluff it doesbt affect the game plus theres a whole team behind him helping him too so if your gonna knock anything, knock gw as a whole

'Luck is the residue of design.' - John Milton

'Let the world tremble as it senses all you are about to accomplish.' - Luís de Camões
post #5 of 296 (permalink) Old 10-31-11, 01:29 AM
Eastern Potent

Pfft. sorry fuck that. It's suddenly cool to stick up for GW? I think not.

Quote:
post #6 of 296 (permalink) Old 10-31-11, 01:34 AM

ThoseKrazyKasrkin's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sven Kittyclaw View Post
Pfft. sorry fuck that. It's suddenly cool to stick up for GW? I think not.
Hey i never said stick up for them just dont single people out. Plus we're all still here so somthing theyre doing is right.

'Luck is the residue of design.' - John Milton

'Let the world tremble as it senses all you are about to accomplish.' - Luís de Camões
post #7 of 296 (permalink) Old 10-31-11, 01:36 AM

unexpectedbill's Flag is: USA

The whole thing reminds me of the Forsaken. The scourge are mindless undead along comes Sylvannas and bam we have free will and call ourselves the Forsaken and want to build our own empire. Ward and his team must have had some influence from Blizz and thier fluff in WoW. It could also be that I have just been playing WoW too long and its corrupted my mind.

"Good tactics can save even the worst strategy. Bad tactics will destroy even the best strategy" General George S. Patton
post #8 of 296 (permalink) Old 10-31-11, 01:39 AM
Eastern Potent

If it's possible, WoW has worse background than ANYTHING in existence.

Quote:
post #9 of 296 (permalink) Old 10-31-11, 01:56 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Wait, so expanding an army to be able to have more options than undead shambling phalanxes is a BAD thing?

And this is why I don't get the internet. You get something nice, a new army that looks downright DEADLY on the table and instead of trying to enbrace the response is crying about giving them actual chaacter instead of looking at all the new this you can do. GW even pulled a rabbit out of the hat and decided that the old shambling ombies where still a completely valid army as well (it's always nice to see an update that improves on without invalidating old armies).

While I'm not planning on starting up Necrons again I'm glad to see they got some good treatment and hope Sisters get something like that. An expansion, maybe even a refocus without an invalidation of the old builds. In faxt, that's what I hope EVERY army continues to get.
post #10 of 296 (permalink) Old 10-31-11, 02:02 AM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

I liked the old fluff. Super old race jealous of a fellow race due to lifespan and such makes a deal with the devil. They become an undead horde of terminator robots out to wipe out life in the universe because they didn't read the fine print. You don't need much more. That's pretty cool.

As to the new fluff. Well Stargate aside, I am hoping to like it, but I think they gave up some very cool ideas to do this. Necrons working with Boy Scouts kind of .... sucks.

As to game play, I really hope there are lots and lots and lots of builds!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode