The Official Matt Ward Hate Page - Page 26 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #251 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-05-11, 09:57 PM

James Tiberius's Flag is: Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samules View Post
Indeed, the only mention of the UM in the timeline are the cleansing of Ultramar when the BA helped save the UM and the battle for armageddon.
meh, haven't read it since buying it, probably someone else then, but still, shitty fluff = not asked for by fans

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-06-11, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworn Radical View Post
No, please ... don't.

This thread alone has 25 pages of BS to offer ... and there's more in other threads.

Granted, the guy has written some terrible fluff (it's true) and some people debate if some of his creations aren't a little bit overpowered ... of course this latter point entirely depends on one's perspective.

But, that's not a reason to seek him out and burn down his house and car (No, merely taking off his beard would suffice ) really.
We should rather do that to Achaylus72's house ...

Peace.
Yeah sure why not, go ahead burn my apartment down, and make me and three other families homeless while you are at it, what a fucktard. Or at least do it at night just to make sure you burn us to death.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.
post #253 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-06-11, 01:53 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tiberius View Post
meh, haven't read it since buying it, probably someone else then, but still, shitty fluff = not asked for by fans
Maybe I'm missing the point, but should you be complaining aput fluff you actually now about? I mean, forgive my rudeness, but complianing about something you're not even sure of weakens your overall arguement and makes you look foolish.

post #254 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-06-11, 02:05 PM

Durandal's Flag is: Cocos Islands

Quote:
wwrofl owned.

I hope Matt Ward writes the new eldar codex, the fluff for that beast will be amazing.

Last edited by Durandal; 11-06-11 at 02:08 PM.
post #255 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-06-11, 03:21 PM

Farseer Darvaleth's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
haven't read it since buying it, probably someone else then, but still, shitty fluff = not asked for by fans -OPINION ALERT
Forgive my crude method, but do you see what I mean? Your argument is made up of poorly supported assumptions, heavily biased by your own opinion. I have no problem with you having such an opinion, but it cannot and should not be used as the solid basis for an argument, I feel. Because you feel Ward writes "shitty" fluff does not mean that everyone does, but still you make the logic jump that the whole community does not ask for this "shitty" Ward fluff.

Sorry to pick apart what is really only a short post quite so violently. No personal offence is meant, of course.

Give a man a match, and he's warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Cato Marquand

Last edited by Farseer Darvaleth; 11-06-11 at 03:24 PM.
post #256 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-06-11, 03:25 PM

Samules's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achaylus72 View Post
Yeah sure why not, go ahead burn my apartment down, and make me and three other families homeless while you are at it, what a fucktard. Or at least do it at night just to make sure you burn us to death.
You have to learn how to take a joke mate.
post #257 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-06-11, 05:39 PM

James Tiberius's Flag is: Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Maybe I'm missing the point, but should you be complaining aput fluff you actually now about? I mean, forgive my rudeness, but complianing about something you're not even sure of weakens your overall arguement and makes you look foolish.
it would if it was all wrong, but thats 1 piece of fluff, hell its not like I'm listing 600 pieces of fluff incorrectly like what people regularly do but don't get a second glance about it.

in fact its allot more foolish that people have spent so much time complaining about me posting 1 bit of ill-remembered fluff instead of complaining about all the piss poor fluff already written by a codex writer who shouldn't be writing stupid fluff, and a company who approves of such pathetic fluff

as I said before, 1 set of rules for some of us, another for the rest of you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durandal View Post
wwrofl owned.
how am I exactly owned for getting something wrong and not really feeling that bad about it because it was just a mistake?...or do you just like to pretend to be 5yrs old sometimes and go around saying owned like it still actually makes you cool or popular or has some meaning in this modern age?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durandal View Post
I hope Matt Ward writes the new eldar codex, the fluff for that beast will be amazing.
oh yeah, you'll have eldar allying with necrons and tyranids to fight squat remnants, while inscribing ultrmarine symbols on there faces in honor of the greatest chapter to exist and being such awesome opponents, hell ward would probably have them worshipping daedric gods with a farseer named shepard while on an adventure to destroy a ring of power and fighting against an empire to destroy a giant grey ball in space.

Last edited by James Tiberius; 11-06-11 at 05:47 PM.
post #258 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-06-11, 07:25 PM

Durandal's Flag is: Cocos Islands

Quote:

oh yeah, you'll have eldar allying with necrons and tyranids to fight squat remnants, while inscribing ultrmarine symbols on there faces in honor of the greatest chapter to exist and being such awesome opponents, hell ward would probably have them worshipping daedric gods with a farseer named shepard while on an adventure to destroy a ring of power and fighting against an empire to destroy a giant grey ball in space.
Sounds a lot better than what they got now.
post #259 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-06-11, 07:29 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Pretty much true. At the current situation the Eldar are pretty much relegated to being punching bags for a lot of fluff.

Also its quite likely that Ward could be writing Eldar.

Think about it. Eldar are rumoured to be coming around the same time as Tau, Chaos and themselves.

Common rumours indicate that Kelly is writing Tau and that Cruddace is apparently writing Chaos. This means that Ward is the only one left to write Eldar.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #260 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-06-11, 08:44 PM

MrPete's Flag is: Great Britain

I'm not a fan of Wards fluff at all, but ruleswise he's not *too* bad. Some of the Grey Knight stuff was a bit dodgy in places, but then they *are* supposed to be the elites of the Imperium.

If there was a joint book where Ward did the rules side and someone else did the fluff side I reckon it'd be good, but a lot of the fluff i've read of his seems to end up being Wardhammer 40k, rather than expanding on any previously established background. Case in point being the new 'crons - I can kind of understand veering a bit away from the whole soulless killing machine concept, but then throwing in a bit about how, deep down, every Necron longs to be flesh again? Bit silly if you ask me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode