The Official Matt Ward Hate Page - Page 18 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-03-11, 06:47 AM

SavageConvoy's Flag is: USA

He's done some goofy stuff fluff wise, but I think that's all he can really be blamed for.

GW as a company is the one that decided to have a rotation cycle measure in decades, demands more models be introduced, and even try to direct a lot the flow to what they think will be "Hip with all the cool cats down at the confectionary establisment"

But that's the problem with business in general. The higher ups become focused on numbers and keep sticking their fingers into the mix to try and help. It happens with comics, movies, and countless other projects.

So in summery, we will hate him.
Because he's the writer Warhammer deserves, but not the one it needs right now (We need 6th ed dammit)...and so we'll hate him, because he can take it. Because he's not a story teller. He's a fanboyish fluff writer, a maker of crunch...a Dark Kni...Wait who are we talking about again?.

"Snooki gives birth to Heavy Gun Drone squad, someone says they are over powered, then the world ends."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-03-11, 06:58 AM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Love that Black Knight reference!

New Wargear for Black Templars

The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!

This is a one-shot weapon and only one may be chosen per army. In the shooting phase the Holy Hand Grenade may be thrown with the profile below:

Range: 24 inches, S:10, AP:1, Type: Assault 1, Blast, one-shot

This attack may be used to single out models and any model wounded by the holy hand grenade must re-roll successful invulnerable saves and the Grenade inflicts instant death. Even against targets with Eternal Warrior.

In addition if the target wears any fur, has fur or has clothing that could resemble fur (such as robes or cloaks such as those worn by Space Wolves) then the model gets blown instantly with no saves whatsoever!

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #173 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-03-11, 07:03 AM

Nicholas Hadrian's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageConvoy View Post
He's done some goofy stuff fluff wise, but I think that's all he can really be blamed for.

GW as a company is the one that decided to have a rotation cycle measure in decades, demands more models be introduced, and even try to direct a lot the flow to what they think will be "Hip with all the cool cats down at the confectionary establisment"

But that's the problem with business in general. The higher ups become focused on numbers and keep sticking their fingers into the mix to try and help. It happens with comics, movies, and countless other projects.

So in summery, we will hate him.
Because he's the writer Warhammer deserves, but not the one it needs right now (We need 6th ed dammit)...and so we'll hate him, because he can take it. Because he's not a story teller. He's a fanboyish fluff writer, a maker of crunch...a Dark Kni...Wait who are we talking about again?.
WARD! We're talking about Mat Ward!

Veiw my Blood Ravens army in army showcase!

Do you ever go into a fight thinking there's no point giving my best, I'll get another chance later? We only ever get one shot, Marlin. Life is one shot. Making it count is all that matters.
+++ Skold Greypelt of the Space Wolves on Shadrac to Sergeant Marlin of the Xth Slavok Regiment +++

Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin.
+++ Captain Eddan Bourne, No. 2 Assault Company, Silver Skulls +++

post #174 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-03-11, 07:09 AM
Eastern Potent

Lord Sven Kittyclaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonschwine View Post

Go here to join the band wagon:

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Matthew_Ward

Ok so I've been reading this for about an hour, and have been laughing my ass off the whole time. Clearly I'm not spending enough time in the company of geeks, to not know this existed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
I'll update from Prisoner Cell Block Nerd when they extradite me.
post #175 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-03-11, 07:20 AM

Farseer Darvaleth's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseKrazyKasrkin View Post
Its also easy to take the moral high ground on the internet.

If trying to stop hatred is anything, it is certainly not easy. Each time I try it seems a new batch will sprout up later in the thread or elsewhere.

You know full well your moralising wont change anything and your simply filling the forum with words.

It saddens me to hear that. I hope you will change your outlook on things.

Plus hate means different things to different people. The same way holocaust means nothing to me but everything to those touched by it. Personally, hate is a very loose word for myself and everone i know. Its simply a throw away word

Hate effects everyone in this world. Heck, the example you gave is a direct result of hatred, can't you see that? And quite how "hate" can be a "throw away" word for you is beyond my comprehension.
Quote:
I think it's funny. Fuck him ... fuck him right in the mouth. I hope he goes to a bar and gets a bit tipsy, decides to walk home and gets picked up for public intox. I hope that when they put him in the jail cell that there is a large black man, roughly the size of that guy in the Green Mile, that thinks its cool to have him some white manpussy to play with. But that is just me and I only barely dislike the guy as I have never met him!

BTW: that beard that Ward sported is just a shock absorber for a high speed cocksucker ... just sayin.
This saddens me to no end. I don't even know if it's meant as some kind of sick joke. If it is, then I pity you for your tactless, coarse humour. If it is not, then I do not pity you at all, but again am sad that such people can exist and call themselves human beings.

Give a man a match, and he's warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Cato Marquand
post #176 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-03-11, 07:21 AM

Farseer Darvaleth's Flag is: Great Britain

So it seems all my efforts were for nothing. Not only this I was proved indisputably right in that I felt "hate" couldn't be contained to one thread. It has spread to an entire new one within one day!

Quote:
If there's even the slightest chance that all the retardation could be kept in a single ignorable thread then I say we take that risk.
Myself on the matter:
Quote:
If I believed that this thread could serve as a scapegoat for all things "hateful" concerning Mat Ward, then I would let deluded pessimists come here and slander the poor man away until the cows come home. I do not believe, however, that such a scapegoat can be successful, what with "hating" Mat Ward seemingly "in fashion" for wargamers these days. As you say, "People are going to be doing it regardless."
This is exactly why I pushed for a rules amendment and locking of "hate" threads.

Give a man a match, and he's warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Cato Marquand
post #177 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-03-11, 07:28 AM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Someone needs to build a hate containment dome to protect the forums from imploding from the hate emissions its giving off..

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #178 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-03-11, 07:52 AM

Durant's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think we may just spawn Slaanesh's EVIL little brother from all this hate

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel
post #179 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-03-11, 08:11 AM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer Darvaleth View Post
So it seems all my efforts were for nothing. Not only this I was proved indisputably right in that I felt "hate" couldn't be contained to one thread. It has spread to an entire new one within one day!

Myself on the matter:

This is exactly why I pushed for a rules amendment and locking of "hate" threads.
Nah, it's not nearly as serious as you make it sound, mostly it's just people having a bit of fun. At any rate, it's better to have somewhere where people can vent about it rather than have all that nerd rage pent up inside, spilling into random threads

Take it with a laugh, because most are posting here tongue in cheek, and as long as it doesn't derail other unrelated threads (and these threads have been on topic - the topics being Mat Ward), it'll sort it self out in a short while, as people get bored of making fun of Ward. At least until the Newcrons codex arrives that is

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
post #180 of 296 (permalink) Old 11-03-11, 08:14 AM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode