Scale comparisons for ships - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-11, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Default Scale comparisons for ships

hi folks i was just floating through the internet in energy form when i stumbled across this image.

It brought a smile to my face, what i wanted to know was can anyone identify the vessels or at least the series that the ships are from.
Obviously there are the imperial vessels, star trek on the left (including deep space nine at the top left) a star destroyer from star wars at the bottom next to a Ha'tak from stargate. What are the other ones (i'm not counting the buildings or godzilla.

please note that it's possible my lack of familiarity with imperial vessels means i might be seeing warhammer vessels as something i don't recognise. I don't recognise the 3 between the large imperial ship and the bottom row.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-11, 03:00 PM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

It's all from here (http://www.merzo.net/), but the full set has a far greater variety of ships on display, as well as details of which ship it is, and which scifi universe it comes from. Seriously, anyone reading this, go there - they have ships from almost every series you can think of. Go to 10x, and scroll down about a third of the way.

And while the Imperium's ships are big (really big compared to most), there are still a hell of a lot that are equal or larger than them. For instance, even that small selection of ships has been, well, somewhat cropped to, er, accentuate the Imperial Battleships formidable magnitude (The digital equivalent of driving around in a Hummer, I suppose ).

Still, size isn't everything, or so I've been told. I mean, so I've heard. From other people. I've never been told that. Not directly, or anything. Because I wouldn't need to you see. My space ship is huge, really!

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!

Last edited by maddermax; 11-01-11 at 03:11 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-11, 03:01 PM

yanlou's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well youve got the Star Trek ships on left as you pointed out, the biggest on on the second row, just under the emperor class ship is a droid control ship from star wars, the little ship above the Ha'tek, is the Battlestar Galactica ship, not sure about the one next to it, iv seen it before, i think it might be from Anime (edit yep it was its from Macross), the bottom one is also an imperial ship a cruiser if im seeing it right.

Last edited by yanlou; 11-01-11 at 03:09 PM.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-11, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Thanks for that folks, the one i was missing is a Macross super dimensional fortress aparently.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-11, 03:19 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

nice to see the super star destroyer romping home as the scale bad ass

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-11, 03:28 PM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

The thing that is not in here, I suppose becuase there is not artwork for them, are Culture GSV's which are monsterously hugh (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_ty...ystems_Vehicle. They can be upto 200km long and 22 km wide, which is big!

I never realised how big Lexx was. That was a wierd TV show.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-11, 04:15 PM

jaysen's Flag is: USA

I see Godzilla.... and the mother ship from Stargate... and the Battlestar Galactica... and a Star Wars Star Destroyer.... and what looks like a Strike class cruiser... a Super Tanker... a ship that looks like it might be the mighty MO.... the Hindenbourgh... the Empire state building.... the Eiffel Tower.... That CN tower in Toronto
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-11, 10:45 PM

James Tiberius's Flag is: Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimzagGorwazza View Post
Thanks for that folks, the one i was missing is a Macross super dimensional fortress aparently.
the SDF-1, the most badass ship ever created, screw everything else.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-11, 10:51 PM

the-ad-man's Flag is: United Kingdom

thats pretty damn cool haha

go go imperium!! build bigger ships!!

Ive started to update this project loge again, you should all check it out. it has some stupid things on it, and some fun things on it haha

Order of the Crimson Dawn (Rogue trader pirates, using Coteaz henchmen spam rules)

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=96746
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-11, 02:19 AM

Moonschwine's Flag is: United Kingdom

No one mentioned Babylon 5 and above to the left of it is an Omega-class destroy used by Earth, which IIRC was the biggest Warship the Earthfleet had next to it's super-carrier and it's colonization vessles prior to the introduction of its Warlock vessels and the Victory Class Destroy (but that was built for the Interstellar Alliance).

Having written this I think I just lost 100 social "coolness" points!

Inspiring Quote:

"Ambition is the biggest killer of Momentum"

Active Projects:

The Catechized

Starting afresh with my Chaos Space Marines.

Project Log Link (Placeholder) -

Project Rebuild, Reboot, Recycle:

Stripping, rebuilding and remaking my Guard army.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode